MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Imitation is the best form of flattery, or something. :p Besides, they are modding that for what? MoW? Is that "Modern Warfare"? Consider the source. When the kiddies grow up they will understand hard work a little better. ;)

Modern Warfare is MW, MW2, MW3. MoW sounds more like Men of War. But it's just disgusting when people steal someone else's work. Had that happen to me on a mod I was working on for another game.

On the topic of your (NZX) Humvee, shouldn't the wheels be a little bit bigger, or the body of the vehicle raised? (sorry if someone already mentioned it...)

This little punk just added this:

i may assure you that it is not you model. I will place screens of wireframe soon so you could understand it, as i'm away now from my PC.

I used the model from arma mod as a draft for creating my own model, you can see it by taking a closer look. If you still don't believe - wait for wireframes. If it will be not enough - i will upload the model itself for you.

So i'd ask you to hold your charges till you compare your and mine models.[/Quote]

Of course the wire frames will be slightly modified, he lowered the poly count so it would work in an RTS game, Men of War. He didn't create shit.

i may assure you that it is not you model. I will place screens of wireframe soon so you could understand it, as i'm away now from my PC.

I used the model from arma mod as a draft for creating my own model, you can see it by taking a closer look. If you still don't believe - wait for wireframes. If it will be not enough - i will upload the model itself for you.

So i'd ask you to hold your charges till you compare your and mine models.

"Used the model as a draft" to create his own... So what, he got NZX's model and made his own from it? Oh, he modified a model that wasn't his own... Basically he just admitted he stole the model... loser.

Edited by antoineflemming

"Used the model as a draft" to create his own... So what, he got NZX's model and made his own from it? Oh, he modified a model that wasn't his own... Basically he just admitted he stole the model... loser.

Yep that about sums it up! Let's see, we modify a few polys on a model "as a template" and then declare it our own. FAIL! LOL Seriously all he needed to say is "yep it is a modified model" and that would have been it, but Internet Pride is too hard to go back on. Ah well...

Well let it be a lesson, always better to ask for permission, it may even flatter the creator that you'd want to use their work in something.

One of his mods was already closed down due to extensive use of content from almost every recently released game, so it's no surprise that this most likely got ripped aswell.

Yeah, apparently one of his old mods got closed down because he stole content from MW2 and Activision had it shut down.

my bmd1 ended up in some MoW mod as well. Found it by accident on MODDB as well. Those bastards have no shame.

Report them to the Moddb staff, or talk with Placebo. They (BIS) killed the POT mod which was all stolen ArmA 2 models.

he stole content from MW2

I read in his own comments that he didn't steal those (he claims, and attacks anyone trying to "read morale to him"). He did not hide the fact that's MW2 content at all... Which in his own eyes is OK enough to use anything without permission...

Is it a twisted morality or just effrontery? I mean, how much of a lout you have to be to claim your innocence in such cases.... Let's spam the guy over at ModDB, plus do as Jon says. I'm strongly against tolerating such tight-arses....

:hang:

What's sad about this all - the end user (well, most of them) do not care at all and are only interested in the product, whatever its origin... He even gets to be defended at times (some critics get attacked by random users: "go mind your own business")...

Edited by topas

Seems to have been removed now? Please contact me about such things and I can usually get them taken down quickly :)

I gotta say, companies contacting people with lawyers or whatever legal means to get people to remove their stolen assets is normal but a company extending that service to it's community? Dang that is something else.

That is the best developer right there, yo.

This is linked from the Summary page for that MoW mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/modern-pack/images

Seems to be the same mod/content, just a slightly different name.

I brought the issue up with ModDB, and I guess they felt the evidence was overwhelming as the original mod was deleted. I'll bring this mod up to their attention as well.

I gotta say, companies contacting people with lawyers or whatever legal means to get people to remove their stolen assets is normal but a company extending that service to it's community? Dang that is something else.

Without the community we have there would be no BIS and there would have been no BIS for many, many years now, so the least I can do is try to help when community members feel their work is being violated :)

To be honest, I'm glad that sort of thing exists. What can be more demotivating than to see your own work used elsewhere, without permission?

When he says he used NZX model as a base (as pointed by USRanger709) he is simply admiting guilty.

I've myself ported some content for use as placeholders during tests until I could add my own creations in mods for other games, but I would never, ever, release it in such way, unless given explicit permission by the authors after seeking it (wich is not the case).

Releasing stolen material without even giving proper credits is really bad. The modders receive nothing for their work other than recognition and gratitude, and he is stealing it from NZXSHADOWS.

Without the community we have there would be no BIS and there would have been no BIS for many, many years now, so the least I can do is try to help when community members feel their work is being violated :)

Placebo, Thank You! Nothing else to say... you nailed it! :)

Kinda lame that you guys didn't even let him show or compare the models and just swarmed in...

Kinda lame that you guys didn't even let him show or compare the models and just swarmed in...

Kinda strange how his model looked 90+% similar to NZX's model. You can't change 10% to make it lower poly, and then claim it's your own model. He got what he deserved.

Abs

The comparison of the two models was enough to me. Yet, the guy still claims a wireframe comparison would be needed.

The model may not be the same (what I really don't believe is the case), but anyway the MoW model was clearly a copy of NZX's model.