yes these are sweet re-skins! looks much better then i could do thats for sure!

@topas your my hero..lol can ya give me some of your magic?:D

Edited by soldier2390

PS: thx namman

no thank you :D you made them look better

i really hope you do you magic on the Caiman too

and i'll send W0lle a pm ASAP

topas: no offense, but those textures look little unrealistic, especially the desert version. As you can see on many pictures and videos, most of the MRAPs are not so dirt and dont have so many scratches, even after months or years of service. Anyway, good texture work. :)

Thanks; glad you like it.

I'm going to do the Caiman; for sure ;)

will probably start in a day or two; after I'm completely happy with the results on the International

Are you guys eventually planning on making this one as well?

@Pauliesss

None taken.

I'm completely aware of this; all the reference gathered shows clean vehicles;

Yet, what I performed was 100% intentional. Got a bit carried away and inspired by shots like this one, or this , or finally this

Edited by topas

sweet!!! also it if you could animate the doors and all that would be alsome..bt can you make the wheels do that bis a2 thing where they go flat after shooting them!

Edited by soldier2390

Caiman

first version; most likely 80% done

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg c5.jpg

Repainted the fuel tank to match the rest as well; but for the next version it'd be good to include this modified texture into the addon

Just wanted to ask where is the green box sourced from [pic5]? Figured out the fuel tank being from BM21; but have not found anything similar to the box on the other side while browsing the A2 textures...

Caiman

first version; most likely 80% done

Repainted the fuel tank to match the rest as well; but for the next version it'd be good to include this modified texture into the addon

Just wanted to ask where is the green box sourced from [pic5]? Figured out the fuel tank being from BM21; but have not found anything similar to the box on the other side while browsing the A2 textures...

My god those are beautiful Topas!

Awesome skin job Topas :)

btw you could reskin those NZXSHADOWS humwees too :p

Thx;

Not really...No..

At least not as long as they're textured the way they are.. Half of the texture is standard BIS humvee; the rest is just plain beige..

Without any UV-layer to begin with I have no clue which parts are where; not to mention the shape of those..

I did in fact tried to play around with them for personal fun in January;

Untitled-1_9.jpg

but the result was not as satisfactory as with the MRAPs.

Also there's a distinct difference in the size and quality; the humvees have a noticably smaller texture file which does not allow for as much detail as I was lucky to apply to the MRAPs...

Plus; there's a rather lousy issue with the mapping.. The Polish flag as seen on the door gets displayed under the left headlight... Seems the vehicles were not exactly designed for custom skinning...

Edited by topas

i love the texture of the hummer it's very cool

zdjecie_603_8082.jpg

it was sort of based on a vehicle as the above one; bashed from woodland and desert parts

My wish would be to add some more elements to the vehicles; like these Iraqi boards; orange cover at the back, or even the air-conditioning units

700.jpg

----------------------------

3_29.jpg

this is just photoshopped; except for the skin] but if NZXSHADOWS reads it someday; please consider this a request

Oh, and the UVmap if possible ;)

Edited by topas

wow bauetifull reskins on them caimans, really cant wait :)

Excellent job on the re-skins, I'm particularly impressed the vehicle in woodland scheme. Any chance of the Caiman in that scheme?