As I said, BIS obviously just recycled the Protector from the Stryker in A1 and slapped it onto the A1 HMMWV. Its another cut-corner in the "form vs function" debate within BIS.

yeah, they did.

well think of it this way. Grab an M1A2 turret an place it on a M2A3 an call it a M1A2 (M242) think anyone will notice? im just say.

believe it or not, such a thing exists ;)

Make no mistake, I'm in no way defending the accuracy of BIS's model but your analogy doesn't work. I'm not talking about the difference between an M1 and an M2 turret - it takes a more trained eye to spot the difference between Protector and CROWS. Sure the reality police are always patrolling but there are plenty who circle jerk some real crap addons and many times, extra attention to detail goes unnoticed by the majority of end-users.

That was the whole point for me even saying that to begin with and I regret even doing so because this is now my 2nd time trying to clarify with you.

Edited by scubaman3D

i remember i had the addon for this and i really liked it but that pc's fucked now and im reDLing the addons. i can't find the link for this one anymore, did the author remove it permanently?

are up armored humvees already implemented in ace? (havent dl'd it yet) cuz that would save me the trouble

i remember i had the addon for this and i really liked it but that pc's fucked now and im reDLing the addons. i can't find the link for this one anymore, did the author remove it permanently?

are up armored humvees already implemented in ace? (havent dl'd it yet) cuz that would save me the trouble

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8444

and they're not in ACE...yet.

okay thanks.

read your sig,

you're making a nam campaign? i loved that movie ;)

okay thanks.

read your sig,

you're making a nam campaign? i loved that movie ;)

Well the film inspired portions of it, but it's set in modern times. That's a discussion for my thread though, don't want to derail this excellent one ;)

you should add some more wear and tear to those textures, would go a long way.

you should add some more wear and tear to those textures, would go a long way.

Maybe Topas would be a good ask in this regard? He seems to be master o' wear/tear these days.

Btw NZX, could you make the humvee with the m134 minigun with EOtech? It was in your previous pack. And also that long pole with the bumper in your previous pack? And what about camo netting on the humvee?

Or roof:

http://www.dmva.alaska.gov/images/2007_Gallery/07Photo_Gallery_Sept/3rd%20BN%20in%20Iraq_edited/2_convoy_observer.jpg

And I believe there is a version with more armor and smoke canisters:

http://defense-update.com/images/hmmwv-ua.jpg

I guess I'm suggesting too much lol

Edited by ray243

you continue working in it ? i love this hummvee, much more that those of BIS.

yeah everything is still in the works. Just time is limited at the moment. There is some set back on somethings but we will see once I get more time to make some headway on these projects. Heres some cheesy pix.Srry None nude pix.

th_Ao2.jpg

th_MTVR_WIP01.jpg

looks great. thanks for making driving just a little bit safer in arma 2

I thought you would stop work with the release of OA's uparmoured......

... :j:

You act as if you WANT him to stop.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Why should he stop?

yeah everything is still in the works. Just time is limited at the moment. There is some set back on somethings but we will see once I get more time to make some headway on these projects. Heres some cheesy pix.Srry None nude pix.

th_Ao2.jpg

th_MTVR_WIP01.jpg

Finally! Up-armored MTVRs! Now we can finally run convoys without the cargo getting blasted on the way!

<3 NZX

Oh? you need wallpapers Then look at these 2. I think they are purty.

th_Ao3.jpg th_Ao4.jpg

A replacement pack does sound like a good idea.. Maybe even replace the MTVR's an some other stuff. It would be a good idea.