Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

At first it's "Between the Lines". ;)

"Planet of War" is basically a warfare addon like the sub-title "Strategic Warfare Addon" already suggests. I bought it at the local department store long time ago.

Yeah sorry got the title mixed up because yesterday I saw the film "behind enemy lines" :D second last time I played "between the lines" was at least 4-5 years ago, might be even longer. "Planet of war" is the first time I hear about. Is that an addon for OFP or is that later on. Wasn't warfare introduced for the first time in Armed Assault? I honestly can't recall if there was already a warfare for OFP. On the photo the "Strategic warfare addon" is not readable.

in any case thanks for your reply.

kind regards

Yes, Planet of War (PoW) was an addon for the standard OFP. PoW added warfare style features but also included four SP campaigns and a couple of SP missions. It also had new sounds, speech and other stuff like changing weather and so on. It even included v2.0 of Mr-Murray's "Editing-Guide". So for that time a really great addition!

Hi

thanks for enlighten me. Gotta do a research if POW is still purchasable somewhere. i'm really curious now.

Kind regards

Seems like the company (XMP) who sold/published it is no longer existing. It's still listed at Amazon but set to "currently unavailable".

There was also a so called "Superpack Addon" available which included "Between the Lines", "Planet of War" and an addon called "The Last Enemy" I don't know anything about.

There was also a so called "Superpack Addon" available which included "Between the Lines", "Planet of War" and an addon called "The Last Enemy" I don't know anything about.

All released without permission and none of the proceeds went to BIS, pretty disgusting :(

Oh, really? Wasn't aware of that fact. I'm sorry for making such "unwanted advertisement" then.

I didn't know that either and it's not T.S.C. Plage's fault because I asked him out of curiosity. Back then I purchased "between the lines" and I thought they would have an agreement with BIS. Well in that case it has been unauthorized use of Intellectual property. I'm sorry for having digged this up didn't meant to stir up anything, and in case you want to delete the last post entries please go ahead Placebo.

kind regards

It's old news now, just at the time it wasn't very nice to see stuff arrogantly promoted and sold with them knowing they never sought permission from us nor agreed any royalties or sales percentage or anything like that, basically they just showed pure greed and arrogance, thankfully they're not around anymore, the only good "Between the lines" is the BBC series from the 90s ;)

*snip*

That's a really cool picture, T.S.C.Plage, you even got *those* other releases. :p

I like the look of that (German?) OA box. Wish I still had all my individual CDs for CWC, Gold Upgrade and Resistance, but I never, ever took good care of my CDs back then, was far too young. Stuck with the PC Gamer GOTY edition now. :( But hey, it's still good ol' OFP.

OFP was great, what other game could touch it :yay: Not really to crazy about the new maps that are not islands though. I would say that just have a unfinished look to them.

Played since the OFP demo in 2001, as Platoon_Ablaze (Platoon clan at the time), then as Horizon, essentially online; got trough Resistance, Red Hammer; did not get Arma, but got ArmaII with a good config, now Operation Arrowhead.

I don't play anymore "online" since OFP days, and I play less and only SP, I like to play with the editor...:yay:

Same own all and still play OFP with some friends as well as ArmA1 depending on who is on.Mainly play ArmA2 and OA with 10thsfg.all are great in there own right.

Cheers ChefD

Same own all and still play OFP with some friends as well as ArmA1 depending on who is on.Mainly play ArmA2 and OA with 10thsfg.all are great in there own right.

Cheers ChefD

I've played them all since the beginning and they have steadily improved, which is nice.

I remember seeing the first screenshots way back in, what, '98 or '99?, and thinking it looked a good 'un. Been playing it since the demo came out and started editing when old Lustypooh's site was all there was. Never really bothered with Arma as I had other interests at the time but got back on board for Arma 2 and now with OA I'm trying to relearn all my old editing skills.

played all ofp's and just gotdraon rising recently, a pal pointed out arma2 and OA on steam for $50 so I grabbed them. ive never played a mod or much multi player. but reading these forums i see ive been missing a lot.

im still to play arma 2 much as im waiting for a pal to play thru OPF dr in co op

i look forward to a ww2 tank battle mod with some sort of component hits.

Started with OFP than Arma now Arma 2 OA. Never got into mp. It was too laggy and didn't get me as attached. I'm not a mission editing pro either. The most complex missions I made are those that end with triggers. Still love the game though.

Guilty. I remember reading about OFP in an issue of PC Gamer while on the john (Guilty of reading on the john too :p) and I said to myself "I have to get this." Ever since then I've bought OFP,Red Hammer, OFP R, ArmA 1, I didn't get QB (sorry BIS I let you down.) ArmA2 and OA.

Started with OFP back in 2005, met the game and since then I have uninstalled it becouse maintenance things, now I have it again on my PC ready to play with a clan Im in, I have about 12 GB's of mods, I love OFP, sincerely I like also ArmA and when I tried ArmA 2 (Friends house, my PC cant run it) both games were really good, specially ArmA 2, but the core is the best.

I have been playing BIS games for 9 years. I own every game released by BIS including every expansion pack.

Operation Flashpoint CWC --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Red Hammer --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Resistance --- Disc x1

ArmA 1 --- Disc x2

ArmA 1: Queens Gambit --- Digital x1

ArmA 2 --- Digital x3

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead --- Digital x1

ofp cwc -- ofp gold upgrade -- patch 1.46 -- ofp resistance -- patch 1.96

arma aa -- arma qg -- patch 1.18

arma 2 -- arma 2 oa -- patch 1.52 -- patch 1.07

:cool:

I started playing cold war crisis around 2001. I was a little kid then haha and now I'm looking to build new pc for ARMA 2 :)

OFP GOTY (game of the year edition)

CWC

Red Hammer

Resistance

Arma gold

Arma 2 dvd

Arma 2 operation arrowhead dvd

I'm obsessed with BIS's combat sims :o