dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Ehrm... holy shit :butbut: My condolences Sir. Guess hardly anyone can imagine what you're going through. Maybe Arma can at least help you by distracting you now and then.

Best wishes,

VictorFarbau

Bloody hell mate, that's rough. You have my sincerest condolences.

Pax tecum

DMarkwick I am very sorry for your loss. It is very tough when you lose someone dear. Hang in there. You have my deepest sympathies.

But the cyclic nature of extreme grief makes it difficult for me to maintain much enthusiasm for long, but, we'll see.

Kindest regards.

Hang in there, sorry for your loss.

Just read this, terribly sorry for your loss DM, wish you the best and hope your are doing ok.

Hey bro. Im making a mission on Chernarus which involves battles on a large scale. My question is, is it possible to turn off forest fires within the mission itself? (instead of making everyone force it off with the config file)

So sorry for your loss mate, hope you're doing ok.

I also just saw this for first time DM - I have a young son and couldn't imagine...

Prayers and sincerest heartfelt wishes to you and your loved ones.

Oh no. What a terrible thing for a parent to go through.

Try to live well DM, not just for yourself - but for your daughter as well.

You have my deepest sympathy.. Unfortunately time does not heal, but the passing of time will ease it a little, I know that..

Hey bro. Im making a mission on Chernarus which involves battles on a large scale. My question is, is it possible to turn off forest fires within the mission itself? (instead of making everyone force it off with the config file)

So sorry for your loss mate, hope you're doing ok.

I've never tried it, but you might try to redefine the variable JTD_ForestFireEnabled in either the init.sqf or in the init field of a game logic unit. It will need to be defined as False. I don't currently know if a defined variable can be changed in this manner, but it seems to me the only way to do what you asked.

And, thanks for the sentiment :)

@ froggyluv, archsceptic & HR4 Elite:

Thank you for your sentiments too. It's the little kindnesses that strangers are willing to show that makes it almost bearable :)

Very sorry to hear about this tragedy.

I hope you will find strength to overcome these hard times and confidence to look forward again.

All the best to you!

Stefan

Hi, I am deeply sorry for you loss. I hope you are coping. :(

I have a question, is it possible to create a fire without a vehicle or anything. e.g creating a fire to put on a building, that doesn't burn it down?

Thanks.

Joe.

It is indeed, the addon works via scripting after all :) let me go back & dig out the line...

Link to post.

Edited by DMarkwick

Hey DMarwick,

would you mind if i drop an eye on your source code and see if i can implement a way to simulate extinguishing the fire?

I dont have an idea yet how complex this will be but would really like to try if i can find a way to do it. :)

DMarwick, when you realise update :)?

Great idea!

Replace dafault smoke of grenades on your smoke :D! its eazy need hook thow weapons etc...

Hey DMarwick,

would you mind if i drop an eye on your source code and see if i can implement a way to simulate extinguishing the fire?

I dont have an idea yet how complex this will be but would really like to try if i can find a way to do it. :)

Feel free :)

But I doubt it can be done without some monitoring inserts.

DMarwick, when you realise update :)?

Great idea!

Replace dafault smoke of grenades on your smoke :D! its eazy need hook thow weapons etc...

Take a look at this :)

What about a limit on how many vehicles can use it at any given time? because i seem to play a lot of missions with high turn over rate and at times there can be up to 6 - 8 + vehicles using it?

Maybe an option to limit it and the rest can use default? this would mix it up nicely.

DMarkwick, i mean about smokewalls to smoke grenades!!! (Replace default smoke on your)

Is there a way to get rid of the smoke after the emitter is gone? For example I blow up a tank in multiplayer then after x minutes the wreck disappears. The fire or smoke is still billowing up from where the wreck used to be even though there is no longer a wreck present.