dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

ArmA3's early years too! I hope you are planning on releasing a similar mod for ArmA3 with all of its updated particle count and effects possibilities. Seriously sir, you have no idea how many people love your mod. Could you elaborate a bit on the overhaul? Why would the removal of setVehicleInit affect it? I know nothing of Real Virtuality modding.

ArmA3's early years too! I hope you are planning on releasing a similar mod for ArmA3 with all of its updated particle count and effects possibilities. Seriously sir, you have no idea how many people love your mod. Could you elaborate a bit on the overhaul? Why would the removal of setVehicleInit affect it? I know nothing of Real Virtuality modding.

Well if I remember rightly setVehicleInit is the method I chose to distribute F&S code to destroyed vehicles, with the advantage that it looked after JIP players too... or something :)

And yes, I'd like to port this over to A3 with improvements when it comes out. I'd like to generate a whole new library of animated textures etc. In fact it'll probably be a complete rewrite.

And yes, I'd like to port this over to A3 with improvements when it comes out. I'd like to generate a whole new library of animated textures etc. In fact it'll probably be a complete rewrite.

Ah, music to one’s ears...:)

Is there any kind of a crash log for ArmA2 that might help us determine the cause of this problem? Otherwise I'm clueless.

I was wondering, as much as I do enjoy this mod, to control the spread of the actual FIRE.

It seems to go from one building to another, which can disrupt CAMP objectives. For example, I may need to get into a building that the objective lies within and if it burns down to the ground, there is no way to continue with that mission of the CAMP or even SP missions for that matter.

Still loving FLIES mod! Must have for me.

Disable dynamic fire propagation then. Use the userconfig.

What is FLIES mod?

JTD_Flies mod, flies around corpses and so on, nice mod, also JTD_ClearHorizonV2, another great mod. But it stopped working for me a little time back, still trying to sort out what its conflicting with..

I was wondering, as much as I do enjoy this mod, to control the spread of the actual FIRE.

It seems to go from one building to another, which can disrupt CAMP objectives. For example, I may need to get into a building that the objective lies within and if it burns down to the ground, there is no way to continue with that mission of the CAMP or even SP missions for that matter.

Still loving FLIES mod! Must have for me.

To control which buildings burn, we need either a list of excluded buildings, or it's opposite, a list of approved buildings. My leaning is toward a user-made list of excluded buildings so that mission makers can exclude them in the mission itself.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Disable dynamic fire propagation then. Use the userconfig.

What is FLIES mod?

JTD Flies :)

I made it to allow me to find bodies in tall clutter, such as Isla Duala map.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

also JTD_ClearHorizonV2, another great mod. But it stopped working for me a little time back, still trying to sort out what its conflicting with..

It still works for me, so I might guess you have an island or something that's bumping this addon down. Myself I use the Clearhorizons Fogfix version, just because I like the fogfix :)

Myself I use the Clearhorizons Fogfix version, just because I like the fogfix :)

Just put it in my 'game_enhancements' folder and bingo it works again, a lovely clear horizon..

Thanks.:D

Just put it in my 'game_enhancements' folder and bingo it works again, a lovely clear horizon..

Thanks.:D

Good stuff :) be aware that overcast 0 is now a flat colour to be used with heavy fog, but the next weather is only like 0.07 or something, so just be aware of that.

What does this do exactly?

shows the effect. No more popping in of map objects :) Edited by DMarkwick

I cant get Fire and smoke to work. I have CBA, JTD in userconfig, @JTD file, but is doesnt load up in Expantions, only CBA. Any ideas on this problem?

Yeah its in there jtd_fireandsmoke in @JTD - Addons: jtd_fireandsmoke: jtd_fireandsmoke.pbo.JTD.bisign.

I've done this so many times. I cant fathom what's wrong?

And you added:

-mod=@JTD

to the ArmA/OA shortcut?

BTW, it won't be manageable in Expansions, just via the shortcut modifier or game launcher functionality.

I haven't been crashing since I disabled @JTD and updated beta patches so I enabled @JTD again to be sure that is the problem. Sure enough as soon as I run @JTD the game crashes ~30-60 minutes in.

Yeah its in there jtd_fireandsmoke in @JTD - Addons: jtd_fireandsmoke: jtd_fireandsmoke.pbo.JTD.bisign.

I've done this so many times. I cant fathom what's wrong?

Everything written right, i.e. no gaps and only _ lines, not –. Of course you will have, just asking. :o

Then make a folder @fire, put an ‘addons’ folder in there and copy and paste the jtd_fireandsmoke.pbo into the addons folder and see if that shows up..

I have pbo’s in folders like @game_enhancements, @game_effects (JTD in there), @ai_enhancements etc, of course you have to test if any conflict, but that done and its easier, imo.. Over the series I have stored that many mods/addons etc I have forgotten what half of them are without trailing through, but if its in @game_enhancements, I know its something to do with enhancing the game, well you know, my logic at my age :p...

However if you have loads of mods/addons like myself, you really have to have a hdd to store all your mods on. Any updates I do via the hdd and just swap any updated pbo’s i.e. delete old, copy and paste updated across to the arma 2 folder. Doing it this way you double up on the mods your using at present in-game, i.e. one in the a2 folder one on the hdd, but it saves having mods/addons you want but don't use at the mo in the a2 folder, plus hdd’s are pretty cheap now and its a back-up..:)

Hey guys, I put the configuration file in Arma 2 Operation arrowhead -> userconfig .. and the @JTD folder into the main operation arrowhead folder. I have an error that the config file can not be found still, Is there any anternatives as to what is happening?

Do you have ArmA2? JTD F&S was made when there was just ArmA2, then it was made to work with ArmA2:CO (both ArmA2 & Operation Arrowhead together) but I never tried it with just OA. I cannot see any immediate reason why it would not, so I guess you have something in the wrong place :) by the sounds of it I would guess the userconfig file.

So you have a userconfig folder inside your main game folder yes? Then inside that a JTD folder, and inside that the config file? So you have:

ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_Config.hpp?

DMarkwick: we tried using your addon couple of times in MP (dedicated), but are unable to stop the massive fps drop. Do you have a setting file that works on dedicated and doesn't cause slowdowns on mid range PCs? Probably only way is to stop the fire spreading faster? Thanks.

Currently running a server with CBA and ACE mods on a domination map however after about 20-30 mins the server reports this error and stops working...

Error in expression <ct;

while {true} do

{

_nearestFire = nearestObjects [_thisObject,["firemarker>

Error position: <nearestObjects [_thisObject,["firemarker>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File JTD_FireAndSmoke\Scripts\FireDamage.sqf, line 30

I think this has been reported in previous posts in this thread, unfortunately I have not seen this fix?

Is or will there be a fix because its one MOD I really would like to use?

Thanks

Senty

DMarkwick: we tried using your addon couple of times in MP (dedicated), but are unable to stop the massive fps drop. Do you have a setting file that works on dedicated and doesn't cause slowdowns on mid range PCs? Probably only way is to stop the fire spreading faster? Thanks.

Hmm, don't know, you might try just disabling the fire completely & see if that improves overall performance, do you mean server FPS drop or client FPS drop?

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Currently running a server with CBA and ACE mods on a domination map however after about 20-30 mins the server reports this error and stops working...

Error in expression <ct;

while {true} do

{

_nearestFire = nearestObjects [_thisObject,["firemarker>

Error position: <nearestObjects [_thisObject,["firemarker>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File JTD_FireAndSmoke\Scripts\FireDamage.sqf, line 30

I think this has been reported in previous posts in this thread, unfortunately I have not seen this fix?

Is or will there be a fix because its one MOD I really would like to use?

Thanks

Senty

I have seen that error reported a couple of times, but as I've never seen it or can recreate it, I'm at a loss I'm afraid. However, I might guess that a unit or a vehicle has been culled by a garbage collection script? Do you use such a thing?

Thanks for the response...

I am not aware of any scripts, the only mods I have installed are CBA and ACE package.

Is there any settings within the mod I can change to avoid this error?

Thanks

Senty

Thanks for the response...

I am not aware of any scripts, the only mods I have installed are CBA and ACE package.

Is there any settings within the mod I can change to avoid this error?

Thanks

Senty

Not in settings no, it'll be a genuine script error caused by something I hadn't anticipated and cannot reproduce on my machine. You might try disabling forest fires though to see if that stops it, I know it's removing a nice feature but it might be better than removing the entire mod :)