dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Ye dude I understand that scripting problem. We had it in ACRE too, until we went to an own system that no longer depends on a2s scripting stuff.

However - yes, JTD was enabled. There is no fire, since I disabled it, but the tank smoke and the sand stuff, it is not like this without the mod.

Hmm that's odd, because the smoke that I saw is not JTD smoke, and the sand is not part of the addon at all.

w00t?!

I have to re-download this... Dammit, what could be wrong? Are you sure that EVERY smoke is replaced by JTD smoke?

I am also running WarFX and ACE mod. Could that be causing the sand?

JTD FAS doesn't replace smoke, it adds smoke over the top of default smoke. If your battlefield doesn't look like the screenies on the front page of the FAS thread, you're either not using it or you've disabled those parts.

And I guess that either ACE2 or WarFX is causing those sand effects :)

I tested - it all works fine, it's just that this smoke only comes on burning/smoking vehicles, which there are not many in ACE since vehicles dont explode straight away. :)

I tested - it works, cool thanks.

I am using FAS and WFX for OA standalone. I have a few problems though. Firstly the smoke rises way too fast. and the vehicle fire spins around.. I dont know if its a compatability error with WFX..

I am using FAS and WFX for OA standalone. I have a few problems though. Firstly the smoke rises way too fast. and the vehicle fire spins around.. I dont know if its a compatability error with WFX..

It's an issue with OA; BIS changed the particle effects to make it look better; but any addons still using the old system don't work as well. WarFX particles has the same problem (until the new version is released soon)

Has the fire appearing in the sky been fixed?

Fire appearing in the sky? I've never seen that. There was a bug where smoke would appear in the sky, but that got fixed.

@ creator(s) of JTD FAS;

stellar work. This has really improved the game for me, and apparently for a few others too ;)

I have a question. Does the latest version of this mod work with ArmA 1 plants or Berghoffs vegetation? I mean when Lingor comes out will I be able to set fire to the trees and what not and would this work on Duala with the ArmA 1 trees?

I've been trying to get it working with OA trees with no luck either. :(

you should be charged with arson

a support update would be cool to have for oa.or maybe a userconfig entry so we can do it (although i doubt it's that easy.. is it?)

Does the latest version of this mod work with ArmA 1 plants or Berghoffs vegetation?

I dunno about Arma 1 plants, or Berghoffs stuff, but I wondered about this sort of compatibility with my own terrain, which is almost entirely Arma 1 buildings, and repathed and tweaked Arma 2 trees...

Happy to say that both catch fire nicely :D - the renamed and repathed A2 trees behave just as the regular A2 trees do, and the A1 buildings catch fire, and after a decent while burning, collapse with a satisfying whoosh and big cloud of smoke... I ain't got damage/ruins models in place yet, so they collapse into nothing - but they burn just great!

*edit*

the renamed and repathed A2 trees behave just as the regular A2 trees do

Too fast there - sorry... the sneaky regular A2 trees hiding among the custom ones burn, the custom ones dont... yet...

B

Edited by Bushlurker
oops...

I have a question. Does the latest version of this mod work with ArmA 1 plants or Berghoffs vegetation? I mean when Lingor comes out will I be able to set fire to the trees and what not and would this work on Duala with the ArmA 1 trees?

I've been trying to get it working with OA trees with no luck either. :(

A few pages back I posted a replacement userconfig array to include OA trees and a few others. ArmA1 trees are already included, and if Berghoff's trees are the same as the ones used in Isla Duala for example then yes they're included. It's easy to add trees yourself too, you just need to know the filename e.g treename.p3d.

But, as I mentioned first thing to do is replace the userconfig array with the one posted a few pages back.

*edit*

Here is the link to the new userconfig array details.

Edited by DMarkwick

I like your mod, are you still trying to improve it or you are done with it ?

No, I am going to try and upgrade it pretty soon :) there are lots of tweaks and improvements that I have that could do with being released.

Hey DMarkwick,

in your future version/s can you make it possible in the userconfig Hpp to have it so that you have another option to

reduce the smoke time just a little more, like give a 25% option for the Smoke_lifetime_Particle, and Smoke_lifetime_Source .

//Smoke_lifetime_Particle - The multiplier for particle lifetime, affects how long each particle hangs around.
//1 = default, less = shorter, more = longer. (1 = 100%, 0.5 = 50%, 2 = 200%)

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Particle 0.5

//Smoke_lifetime_Source - The multiplier for smoke source lifetime, affects how long vehicles burn.

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Source 0.5

Hey DMarkwick,

in your future version/s can you make it possible in the userconfig Hpp to have it so that you have another option to

reduce the smoke time just a little more, like give a 25% option for the Smoke_lifetime_Particle, and Smoke_lifetime_Source .

//Smoke_lifetime_Particle - The multiplier for particle lifetime, affects how long each particle hangs around.

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Particle 0.5

//Smoke_lifetime_Source - The multiplier for smoke source lifetime, affects how long vehicles burn.

#define JTD_Smoke_Lifetime_Source 0.5

It's already there, those examples are exactly that, examples. For 25% option, use 0.25 as the value.

Oh ok great, I think the 0.5 = 50% was throwing me off as wouldn't .50 be 50%? thats why I asked.

Mathematically 0.5 is the same as 0.50, it'd be an unnecessary zero, kind of like adding a zero to 5 to make it 05.