Sign in to follow this  
chops

BF2 patch 1.50 - released with free expansion packs.

EA have announced patch 1.50 for Battlefield 2. The patch will include both the Euro Force and Armoured Fury expansion packs for free, as well as a few fixes and updates.

I got a lot of fun out of BF2. It's good for a bit of jump in, have your fun, jump out type of action when you're not in the mood or don't have the time for a whole afternoon of more demanding mil-sim type campaigning.

I'm looking forward to playing with all the new toys.

Shitty mirrors and no torrent?!?

How could they've gone with no torrent....

Here you go, torrents:

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3740

http://www.speltorrents.se/download.php/1418/bf2patch150.exe.torrent

Dont expect super speeds though, many leechers and few seeders.

BTW with the patch you no longer need to have the DVD in the drive to run the game.

I hope we wont have to wait long for the PR 0.87 hotfix.

Edited by sparks50

Ah who plays PR? I want forgotten hope 2.2! It's nearing release oh yeah...

Wow, very nice, I always wanted the Euro pack but I thought it would be a waste of money, great move by EA here.

I got to try one round last night, it's great to open up the booster packs to all players...for the first time I got to try a booster pack map that I had years ago that never got played because servers were worried about playing it in fear of dropping players...not so anymore!

Oh and it seems people are forced to play in a more tactical manner...I haven't played BF2 in a long while but it seems that the guns are much less accurate while standing and the dolphin diving and bunny hopping don't work nearly as well as it used to when I played. All in all a great patch and a fun game when you want to do some semi-mindless shooting!

The changelog for patch 1.50 includes a reduction in accuracy when you first go prone, for a fraction of a second. They also increased the delay between jumping and going prone, though only slightly.

I've had fun playing a few rounds on the new maps, trying out the new weapons. I like the mew Middle East maps. They're more open, so there's more vehicel combat.

As you say cjsoques, it's a great game to just blast away in. BUt having said that, there are definite advantages to thinking about what you're doing. I've noticed the highest scoring players have some pretty clever tactics.

As you say cjsoques, it's a great game to just blast away in. BUt having said that, there are definite advantages to thinking about what you're doing. I've noticed the highest scoring players have some pretty clever tactics.

Absolutely, but it always depends on the types of people playing on the servers.

I was on one last night with a bunch of kids running as admin for their clan server and I was on it since I had such an awesome latency to it.

The kids were using very cheap tactics to gain points that really didn't make the game any more fun. However the other night I was on a server with more mature players that were able to setup nice ambushes and main assaults while other squads performed flanking maneuvers it was pretty awesome.

I can't wait for the Project Reality team to come out with their patch that supports 1.5 :)

And now the PR 0.87 patch for BF 1.5 is released.

* Battlefield 2 v1.5 compatible

* All new Commander UAV

* Insurgent/Taliban commander informants

* Multiple bug fixes and various game play tweaks

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/66634-project-reality-v0-87-patch-released.html

Edited by sparks50

Forgotten Hope 2.2 Normandy Update also released today.

I just came.

Did anyone of you get the FH2 client files yet. The torrents are brutally slow and the mirrors are like 56k speed. If you know a fast mirror pleeaaaaaaaaaaaasee post it here.

I torrented it at decent speeds. Already played it yesterday, pretty sweet.

Bluepearl is pretty intense stuff. I had a couple of sustained firefights accross two walled areas which is pretty unsual for BF2. Only played for a little bit, going to give it a few hours tonight hopefully.