FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

And what makes you think so? Because he said that they turn down the realism a bit compared to OFP1? From what he said I think this is mainly about the health feature so that you still have a chance to fight on if the shot wasn't deadly. The bleeding thing was the only point he mentioned regarding the turned down realism and he actually emphasized the fact that it will be the most realistic tacshooter on any console so your statement is the usual hyperbole we can find so often here when it comes to the CM game.

All this is actually quite a moot point since we don't know yet how the game will look and play in the end. Let's wait and see.

Grim

Official Release date will be announced tomorrow, Friday July 16th.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366007

Helios

Right then, I know pretty much everyone here has been eager to hear a final release date (not window!) ever since the game was announced, and I'm pleased to say that the wait is nearly over and that this will be formally announced this Friday.

...it will be the most realistic tacshooter on any console...

Yeah well, with Call of Duty being the second this is hardly a proof of anything :p

emphasized the fact that it will be the most realistic tacshooter on any console

Any console? I seem to recall an Xbox1 title that I bet was a more realistic tacshooter :whistle:

...most realistic tacshooter on any console...

Well that says it all... lol.

Any console? I seem to recall an Xbox1 title that I bet was a more realistic tacshooter :whistle:

And i wonder which one that would be? Hmm :D

And i wonder which one that would be? Hmm :D

Ghost Recon 1 ofcourse! ;)

Has anybody noticed that Clive Lindorp bloke is less and less common in press openings?

Has anybody noticed that Clive Lindorp bloke is less and less common in press openings?

I'm sure he's left CM's ages ago! Or was that sarcassm?:D

Any console? I seem to recall an Xbox1 title that I bet was a more realistic tacshooter

I don't know why folks can't simply wait and see how good and 'realistic' the game is. We don't know how the game works, how it plays so why always this silly bashing?

Btw no matter how good OFP: Elite was (and I loved it) it's quite dead now and if ArmA2 won't be published for the 360, FDR is certainly winning the race and his statement will be a true one, even with realism turned down...

I read on the ofp 2 info page that they were making it less realisitic for "fairness".

This was from the developers I guess it looked like.

Arma's ofp1 retarded half brother, Arma 2's ofp1 is ofp's real brother.

&

Ofp 2 is being created in a lab from ofp's dna.

lol

I read on the ofp 2 info page that they were making it less realisitic for "fairness".

This was from the developers I guess it looked like.

wtf

part of ofp/armas idea is that its NOT fair but realistic. thats ofp/armas whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, apparently now it's only ArmA's thing.

And to be quite frank, ArmA is very fair. I don't know if by fair they mean 'making it so there is a ten to one player to AI kill ratio'. I think by fair, they might mean easy, which would imply fun.

But ArmA does have things that are unrealistic to make it more fun, like the way the medics work. It's fair, though, because it works for the AI too.

I don't know why folks can't simply wait and see how good and 'realistic' the game is. We don't know how the game works, how it plays so why always this silly bashing? (...)

That's right but we do know how Codemaster works.

I could understand earlier pre-rendered trailers but when I saw the one with arty striking a village down the valley (remember ? everything in that trailer makes you think you're seing ingame footage, which is false)

It was like if codemaster was saying : We lie to you (and we hope dumbest of you won't notice before the game is released)

I know the game is not out yet, but with their strange ads policy I just can't think this will be as good as they claim. I hope I'm wrong cause Im sure another great milsim would raise up the level of ArmA itself even more.

Sorry for my local english

It was like if codemaster was saying : We lie to you (and we hope dumbest of you won't notice before the game is released)

the priority market for Codemaster is the console market; so they make their ads for this market. The PC game is losing customers year after year; because this is too expensive to upgrade pc, and also this is easier to put a disk and play.

Codemaster follows simply a commercial logic. For a lot of companies, the pc market is not a priority, and i agree with them.

I'm sure he's left CM's ages ago! Or was that sarcassm?:D

He left CM and moved to Crytec... I read that in the press some weeks ago.

the priority market for Codemaster is the console market; so they make their ads for this market. The PC game is losing customers year after year; because this is too expensive to upgrade pc, and also this is easier to put a disk and play.

Codemaster follows simply a commercial logic. For a lot of companies, the pc market is not a priority, and i agree with them.

uhm, Im not sure what you're trying to tell me, are you saying consoles players are dum...uhm euh have simpler expectations than pc players ?

Still, even if they're mostly aiming at consoles players, I don't like the way they're communicating.

I mean they exactly get the result they expected : confusion.

If you take that artillery video on Youtube, most of the time it is tagged as "ingame". And when you try to say to people that CM said it was pre-rendered most of the time the only answer you got is :"GTFO" or "Ur gay"

And I can't believe peoples won't figure it out before they buy the game.

I think it's pathetic from a big studio like CM.

Just saw a new video of DR and a couple of the things looked pretty damn better than ArmA. In ArmA2 it takes exactly 3 seconds to reload a SAW and DR the reload animations seems much better, also, when you shoot the Jevelin, the missile ALMOST flyes in a straight line, in DR the missile flyes way up in the air and hits the tank smack down.

I hope I won't see too much stuff like that in future DR videos, hope the game fails in other aspects or something.

CM said that OFP was a bit too realistic and unfair!

What they would say if they play OFP with some community-made addons, mods and missions?

Guess that DR will be a very balanced and very comfortable game for console and casual players.

Whats left if you take away the eyecandies and sounds from DR?

hu?

OFP: Dragon Rice have not been released yet.

Edited by bravo 6
damn smileys

I agree that the machinegun reloads seem a little faster than physically possible (it seems to ignore some critical steps... suchs as actually taking a new box, lol), but the Javelin behave pretty much as expected. It does fly up. You can even see how your character aim up in the air if go to 3rd person again.

OFPDR does indeed to have an advantage in certain features, though it's arguable how important these are. Superficial stuff like reload animations are really just eye candy. In Arma2 the weapon is held so low that you normally wouldn't notice it anyway, unless you actually look down and follow the hand movements. Of course then it becomes clear that the reload anim is just a "magic hand wave", but then you're no longer focussing on the game anyway. It's all subjective of course, so some people may find this more important than others.

As for the Javelin, it actually has two attack profiles: direct and top-down. Arma2 so far only has the former, but the latter can be added via scripting without too much difficulty.

OFPDR does have some very interesting features though, like a more realistic implementation of FLIR. :)

Maybe a couple from what I've seen. Chances are it will probably have more realistic tanks driving over cars :D. But as for player movement doubt it, (Bouncy Bouncy!) even though I find arma2's still a little clunky.

Flir looks nice in trailers I've seem, nice looking JDAM explosions, reload animations. But these things are superficial, and I guess we'll only really know when we can compare the 2 by playing them.

CM said they make CoDR less realistic and more fair (than OFP! OFP!!!!).