FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

i can't understand any argument of why they don't want to implement leaning in OFP : DR.

Cause they knew it would make you angry... :rolleyes:

I am not caring about any ties or lack of ties between OFP and OFP : DR, nearly all the old games and sims i play along OFP have absolutely no ties at all with OFP and i enjoy them anyways.

Well, I'm a bit worried about the final game being in the same genre. Would be a bit of a blow should it be not.

But I'll keep my judgment to for the final product (or the demo of it).

@sparks50 -yes, in that context you're right. I've heard and mayebe it's pure speculation that the AI do have leaning enabled and that the reason for the omission is that the console controller is short on buttons but that the PC may still receive leaning. I really hope they don't sell out the PC fanbase that way, but either way, the technology is already in the game so I'm sure it would be modded in eventually.

Well, I'm a bit worried about the final game being in the same genre. Would be a bit of a blow should it be not.

But I'll keep my judgment to for the final product (or the demo of it).

CM are saying them self that it will be less hardcore than the original. If it is the same genre or not depends on how you define the genres.

The BI games are not perfect "simulators" in all its contents as we all know, so its a bit of a grey zone.

Edited by sparks50

We agree Sanctuary, but this discussion originates from someone who dont:

Ah ok i understand more your point, i misread the intent on your post.

I never said no lean was good. I personally think no lean is very bad.

But Walker was using only elements he chose to compare in his argument, to make him sound better.

When in actual fact, there was lots of bad points he didn't say, because he is very bias.

But Walker was using only elements he chose to compare in his argument, to make him sound better.

Congratulations. You have discovered that walker is guilty of using a good argument strategy...

:hang:

To get functional, responsive infantry controls I'd happily give up flyable jets. But I also love the 1st-person 'what you see is what you get' style of Arma2, and would hate a 'floating gun' which may allow certain freedoms. Still I can live with it as it all comes down to the pros vs. cons ratio. Yes no civilians sounds shit, but I can think of plenty of truly great OFP missions that featured no civilians.

DR's caught the attentions of a lot of gamers. No it's not a Flashpoint in spirit but it might be fun. Futher patches and ACE2 etc. are my only hope for Arma2 so we'll see what mods DR will get and that's it until I give the demo a blast.

Congratulations. You have discovered that walker is guilty of using a good argument strategy...

No it's called ignorance. Dwelling on only the negative aspects as well as lieing is not a "good argument strategy", at least by any non-preteens standards.

Half of what he says is either an incorrect rumor or a total fabrication, he totally ignores fact. He then totally ignores any counter argument blatantly proving him wrong/a liar before just dwelling on more rumors and lies.

This is why he is known as a troll.

I do not think any one with an ounce of common sense will buy such a mediocre retreat from the vision of BIS's OFP and will instead buy BIS's ArmA II Operation Arrowhead which is the only Authorised sequel to BIS's OFP.

:icon_dj: fanboy post LOL

No it's called ignorance.

It's not ignorance. I'm sure walker is well aware of the facts. He's just trying to win an argument... of course he's going to manipulate the facts.

In either case, the whole argument it is pointless. I'm so sick of the DR vs ArmA II debate that's been consuming both communities. As far as I'm concerned they are two completely different games in two different genres. Might as well be trying to decide which is better: Mario Kart or Halo.

I never said no lean was good. I personally think no lean is very bad.

When in actual fact, there was lots of bad points he didn't say, because he is very bias.

Hi richiespeed13

It is called Rhetoric, here have a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric

That like most modern western thinking is primarily the Platonic form as defined by Aristotle. I prefer the pre-platonic examples of Rhetoric myself as the logic is not so bound up in the dialectic and is multi ordinate rather than the one dimensional thesis and antithesis mode of thought. Essentially it made post Aristotelian thought one dimensional and is in IMHO one of the major contributory factors in the decline of the Greeks, I think it is why Socrates was tried and found guilty of corrupting the young and made to drink hemlock. I do not say what was done to him was right in fact I would argue it blew back on the Greeks and led to Plato and Aristotle using him as a martyr, thus creating the very movement they feared. Nor do I think Socrates would have approved of what his student Plato did nor especially what Aristotle then went on to do.

It is an effective method mode of thought though and easy to teach in schools; it is just that it is inherently myopic. From it we get one dimensional politics and the false divisions of science and art that we in the modern age now find problematic.

With regard to DR I am placing counter arguments to its Marketing. They chose to misuse the OFP name and smear it with the excreta of a lacklustre second class BF copy. If they cannot cope with the fear that one guy posting on a single forum not even related to theirs is managing to compete with their mass marketing. Tough.

Am I being brutal? Damn right. If you are feeling sorry for them do not be. They are no longer the company they were. They have acquired a history of treating their developers badly. Letting some one develop a good product for them with no marketing or support then they drop them and produce a marketed cheap crap clone thus ripping off their customers as well.

There is a tendancy in Publishing houses to do this and to produce games that have zero replayability so that the customer has to buy the next one to get their fix. COD is the worst example.

You would do well not to be fooled by shiny polished glass beads.

I am only pointing out that they are doing it.

Frankly I do not think I have given CM half the kicking they deserve.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

It's not ignorance. I'm sure walker is well aware of the facts. He's just trying to win an argument... of course he's going to manipulate the facts.

Wait, so knowing the facts but choosing to ignore/manipulate them isnt ignorance?

Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or, chooses to subjectively ignore information.

:confused:

I do not think any one with an ounce of common sense will buy such a mediocre retreat from the vision of BIS's OFP and will instead buy BIS's ArmA II Operation Arrowhead which is the only Authorised sequel to BIS's OFP.

:icon_dj: fanboy post LOL

That quote isn't from these forums is it? Please do not bring in content from other forums thank you.

Wait, so knowing the facts but choosing to ignore/manipulate them isnt ignorance?

Yes I am aware of what the definition of ignorance is. But I still wouldn't call walker's posts ignorant... not when you have people like this posting here. At least there is some validity to walker's argument.

Yes I am aware of what the definition of ignorance is. But I still wouldn't call walker's posts ignorant... not when you have people like this posting here. At least there is some validity to walker's argument.

I don’t think other people posts should have a bearing on whether something is ignorant. Its ignorant or it isn’t, some people may be very ignorant once, other may be less ignorant but all the time.

Walker has raised some fair points am im not complaining about that, or anyone else who has and I have added to them, but its the way he carrying out this, well frankly weird personal vendetta against Codemasters and DR is constantly derailing this thread and wrecking it for those who are actually interested in the game.

Hi all

At your request Placebo.

Kind Regards walker

So let's all try to discuss news and opinion as it's found rather than trolling and bitching at each other.

I don’t think other people posts should have a bearing on whether something is ignorant. Its ignorant or it isn’t, some people may be very ignorant once, other may be less ignorant but all the time.

Well then call me ignorant... :j:

Codemasters can seriously kiss my ass! I am always open to real product-competition as long as I am approached in a consumer-friendly way.

But having to read a gamer magazine with a Codemasters advertising in it calling me "ArmAteur"... well, I am too old for this kindergarden and I am not rewarding this style of rather uncreative and hostile Marketing. If they wish to win over the OFP1 community, that is not the way to do it.

"ArmAteur"

That sounding alot better as CODnoob and bf2kid or statswh*re etcetera :bounce:

I think I'll use that one in my sig. :cool:

Just because OFP version 1 didn't have that feature but Elite and everything after it did, doesn't make it good. The point is that most tac-gamers agree that leaning is a good thing, or at least ,the closest thing to micro-adjustments needed to hug a wall with minimal exposure. The goal should be to build upon OFP's initial features, not hooray them when they are the same. The same goes here for BIS as well.

Strange, that some of the posters who are here declaring the lack of lean justifiable because it wasn't in OFP, have argued strongly for its implementation elsewhere :rolleyes:

Agreed, it seems odd that the people who are saying things like "Well, OFP1 didn't have it either" are also the ones who give out the most about ArmA 2 inheriting the bugs and limitations of the original.

Come on folks, show some consistency!

Hi all

At your request Placebo.

Kind Regards walker

Lol. Your like one of those guys who acts like the hardest/coolest person alive, not listening to anyone but yourself. Then someone who has more power than you walks in, and all of a sudden your on your knees licking their ass.

If your going to be an ignorant "Rhetoric" master, at least stick to it.

:292: