FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

why don't you simply to understand that ofp:dr wasn't/isn't/won't be a new ofp1. Codemasters have their own project for different kinds of gamers. ofp:dr won't be in competition with Arma1/2.

I like very much OFP1. but i like also the new project of codemasters, it will have its place in the video games market.

How many sequels to games have taken entirely different directions and worked? SWAT3 is the only one that comes to mind, and that was largely to do with the fact that SWAT2 was an entirely mediocre experience - something that can't be said for the original OFP. However, I can think of many such attempts that were disastrous. Deus Ex 2 anyone?

Well, I just saw all the new vids, thank you for posting them here (or I'd probably never see them). The game definitely looks fun, more to the "Ya boyze, I pwned ur azz r3al guud" style than "Woot! Look at that Good job guys, mission accomplished, RTB for debrief". That is coming from the Delta Force and BF2 look to it. DR is admittedly much more advanced, but the subtlety doesn't seem to be there. Will try the demo, especially with my buds on the other end (if it's MP) to see what this game is made of. I'm a bit dissappointed with the tether. No "rubber bands" in this game, but tethers..

P.S. I wonder if you can break the AT reload animations..???

Finally, csjocques, your statement of writing a book about the issues that bother us ALL with Arma II? If you looked at any game and took ALL the issues. You'd have a book. And what's saying DR won't have the same?

cheers all

Iam not make rumours in my mind.is it true that in ofp2 russian,american and china are sided.

Iam not make rumours in my mind.is it true that in ofp2 russian,american and china are sided.

I'm not sure what you're asking but I'll take a guess:

Yes, Americans and Russians are on the same side against China.

Well, technically, because there are no Russians featured in the game...

Edited by Deadfast
Fixed the nonsense :D

i don't know if this video has been put here?

take a look at the laser and the flashlight, they are really cool.

I have not seen this video yet.

The voices are nice, too bad the dudes don't shut up one moment! arf!

BIS should do something similar, it was already suggested in some arma2 thread but no results so far about voices concern. The whispering voices are very nice!

Though the way soldiers walk are really ridiculous.

Dudes in future videos, please shut up next time! Burn for that!

Yes, Americans and Russians are on the same side against Russia.

The who and the what now?

The who and the what now?

Ugh, lol, suits me right for staying up that long :D

Fixed...

Yes, Americans and Russians are on the same side against China.

I've seen the videos now and I'm not impressed. I expected a lot of more from this game. I don't need the demo to decide that I won't buy it. May those who like this game have fun with it ;)

At least thats what it has in common with OFP, anims look bit clumsy and graphics could be better but in the end only how the game feels is impotant.

Hopefully it will be good, so far im also not impressed but lets see if a demo can convince me.

If you pre-order CoDR today, you'll get a *drumroll*... BONUS MISSION.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/06/extra-mission-for-gamestop-operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-p/

Such a news reveals CM marketing strategy and their target audiences ("OMFG a BONUS MISSION, look at BIS they never did that!!! OMG WTF BBQ" - generic CM fanboy)

Honestly, this isn't something I personally would expect from a pre-order "bonus" (if any), since after day 1, missions will (or should) flow like water out of the community. Except the editor is crap. But let's wait and see (if the editor is in the demo). Otherwise I feel sorry for the dudes buying a pig in a poke... :j:

Wow ,wondered how Gamestop was gonna mess this up. I was expecting special skins for vehicles or something......very glad I stopped buying games from GS now.

Didn't Codemasters develop the Red Hammer Campaign?

DR:

- pc version will get some better graphics

- pc player can only run and sprint via keyboard and mouse control. If players will use a gamepad or XBOX controller they will get some more controls over movements.

- players arent able to lean left or right (only NPCs can)

google translation http://www.translate.google.de/translate?prev=hp&hl=de&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestar.de%2Fnews%2Fpc%2Faction%2Ftaktik-shooter%2F1958532%2Foperation_flashpoint_2.html&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

Who knows - maybe they get some sales because DR will be a mainstream shooter (with consolish gameplay)?

yes they did

And its only good side was that it was a east campaign, the story itself was rather bad and felt not fully done especially the last part where you enter the harbor to take the officers hostage.

But im going too offtopic.

And its only good side was that it was a east campaign, the story itself was rather bad and felt not fully done especially the last part where you enter the harbor to take the officers hostage.

Those were my thoughts too. Let's hope they've improved and can deliver an immersive campaign. But judging by the quality of the storyline, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't know about that, the mission in montignac that allowed you to place defenses was pretty awesome. Other than that though it wasn't too great.

If you pre-order CoDR today, you'll get a *drumroll*... BONUS MISSION.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/06/extra-mission-for-gamestop-operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-p/

Such a news reveals CM marketing strategy and their target audiences ("OMFG a BONUS MISSION, look at BIS they never did that!!! OMG WTF BBQ" - generic CM fanboy)

Honestly, this isn't something I personally would expect from a pre-order "bonus" (if any), since after day 1, missions will (or should) flow like water out of the community. Except the editor is crap. But let's wait and see (if the editor is in the demo). Otherwise I feel sorry for the dudes buying a pig in a poke... :j:

I don't know whether to laugh or bash my head against the wall...

On second thought: :banghead:

Edit: Actually, if the Mission Editor turns out to be a bitch to use compared to ArmA II's, then I would actually see how this could be a good thing. Even so...

Edited by Zipper5

I read the editor is "similar" to Igor from the Ghost Recon Series (not that GRAW ones) and uses the LUA language.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that the mud-slinging has been noticed on the OFP:DR forum.

I'll be buying OFP:DR, myself, and will enjoy it to the fullest extent of its design. As soon as I can afford a beast of a PC, I will do the same with ArmA 2.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that the mud-slinging has been noticed on the OFP:DR forum.

I'll be buying OFP:DR, myself, and will enjoy it to the fullest extent of its design. As soon as I can afford a beast of a PC, I will do the same with ArmA 2.

cant really enjoy such a console dumbed down and rushed game because of running out of funds.

Amusingly, by creating one of the most mud-slingy threads I've seen in a while...