Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

Nothing else to do? Had ArmA2 only few little bugs in the time of release?:rolleyes: No. Had ArmA2 totally new models? No, many of them were ported from ArmA1 wothout serious changes (even with some sounds).

Bullshit first class.

98% of the buildings are totally new. Almost all russian vehicles are new, same with the USMC ones.

I can't recall that we had a BTR-90, T-90, BMP-3, AAV7P, LAV-25 or even a V3S in ArmA1.

By looking at your previous posts it's obvious that your whole interest is bashing BIS and their products. If you don't like it then please feel free to move on but stop filling the forums with your hate.

Had ArmA2 only few little bugs in the time of release?:rolleyes: No. Had ArmA2 totally new models? No, many of them were ported from ArmA1 wothout serious changes (even with some sounds).

Why make a completely new BMP-2 and Ural model when the old ones work perfectly?

And it's hardly 'many' models that are ported from ArmA. I agree some models are, but looking at how much is in ArmA2 it's obvious the vast majority is brand new stuff ;)

Yes, it is texture-based, and that's why it won't work in Chernarus. Simply because Takistan and Chernarus don't use the same set of textures or models, so just a few of the re-used models/textures will (possibly, depending on what they are) get a corresponding FLIR texture.

It'll be an insane amount of work to create FLIR textures for original ArmA2, so even *if* it might come eventually I hardly think it'll be an early priority. If the community is in a rush I guess we'll have to create replacements for everything and its mother once we have the FLIR support ;)

I was talking about it resources....I meant models and such....it was stated that you can only use them in OA. But my question/assumption is that they need to redo them all if they decide to do it on a texture basis. Not vice versa. That is at least how I understood it. That if you own Arma 2, you can use the models in OA.

i will not expect ARMA2 alone would be as featureful as in Arrowhead after patched, nor do i think they will make ARMA2 content which have ported into arrowhead to have those features, it would be very good if they did, but i dont think they would, so just dont let yourself get into the words they said too much, the game only trun worst if you hype too much

Edited by 4 IN 1

i will not expect ARMA2 alone would be as featureful as in Arrowhead, nor do i think they will make ARMA2 content which have ported into arrowhead to have those features, it would be very good if they did, but i dont think they would, so just dont let yourself get into the words they said too much, the game only trun worst if you hype too much

It was a question based on the little info, which was provided. I would assume that if it is possible to import the models in OA from Arma 2 and their real life counter parts have certain capabilities that they would be represented in OA.

What I mean is, it would be odd that one wouldn't be able to see for example the A-10 in FLIR mode in OA, because it would have the FLIR textures....catch my drift.....Based on the fact that it was said that they use a texture base for the FLIR feature, one could assume that they will need to redo all Arma 2 models, which can then lead to the question if FLIR would be available in Arma 2........

Just like to see some responds on this.......

Edited by p75

It would help if you actually read what you're quoting...

There are not only engine bugs in ArmA2, unfortunately.

98% of the buildings are totally new. Almost all russian vehicles are new, same with the USMC ones.

I can't recall that we had a BTR-90, T-90, BMP-3, AAV7P, LAV-25 or even a V3S in ArmA1.

A-10, AV-8, MH-60, Mi-8, Urals, UAZ, T-72, D-30 - are they new? T-90... Well, after addons from A1 I personally can't name default A2 model very good. Especially if you remember first its versions in early screenshots. Buildings? Some of them still have the same destruction system as in A1.

By looking at your previous posts it's obvious that your whole interest is bashing BIS and their products. If you don't like it then please feel free to move on but stop filling the forums with your hate.

I don't "bash" BIS just because I'm angry person. If I see poor-quality work (which could be better), I say what I dislike or like in it. If I see brilliant work - I say it's brilliant. And nothing else. We live in capitalism, guys. And I, as an unsatisfied customer, just say my proved opinion about the games I bought, not things like "BIS are bad just because they are BIS". Clear?

A-10, AV-8, MH-60, Mi-8, Urals, UAZ, T-72, D-30 - are they new? T-90... Well, after addons from A1 I personally can't name default A2 model very good. Especially if you remember first its versions in early screenshots. Buildings? Some of them still have the same destruction system as in A1.

I don't "bash" BIS just because I'm angry person. If I see poor-quality work (which could be better), I say what I dislike or like in it. If I see brilliant work - I say it's brilliant. And nothing else. We live in capitalism, guys. And I, as an unsatisfied customer, just say my proved opinion about the games I bought, not things like "BIS are bad just because they are BIS". Clear?

Better turn that energy towards something positive, mate. Get some constructive dialogue going.....bashing won't help for sure......

Better turn that energy towards something positive, mate. Get some constructive dialogue going.....bashing won't help for sure......

Positive? Give me the whole Chernarus in expansion even without any extra units and I'll buy it without any doubt:)

However I think we should go back on topic now and discuss the answers given by BI. It's a fact that no matter how much people complain, nothing or atleast not much will be changed.

BIS does what they think they must do and none of us knows what really make them act as they do. Let's not forget that they don't make the games just to entertain us, they make it for a living, to make cash - it's a business like everywhere else.

However I think we should go back on topic now and discuss the answers given by BI. It's a fact that no matter how much people complain, nothing or atleast not much will be changed.

BIS does what they think they must do and none of us knows what really make them act as they do. Let's not forget that they don't make the games just to entertain us, they make it for a living, to make cash - it's a business like everywhere else.

Agree. I'm still interested, what structure US Army will have in OA. Hope, it will be as much as possible close to the real, especially because there are some models of Strykers from A1. Now, with artillery modules in editor, it would be possible to operate FSV and CV Strykers.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Yes W0lle... the problem is that BI is forgetting the most important part of their business, their clients, and without them there is no more cash flowing. End of BI.

So it's better for them to start changing things, or giving ears to those who express their reasoned opinions, and don't get to much confident from the words of a couple of sheep's that are resident in this parts of the forums.

from what you are saying is that they only have to make models for A-10, AV-8, MH-60, Mi-8, Urals, UAZ, T-72, D-30(which they dont have to because there is already good one they have)and the rest of the model like buildings, trees and *fast forwarding* and weapons just magically appeared.......i hope that kind of good thing happened in my real life:rolleyes:

Agree. I'm still interested, what structure US Army will have in OA. Hope, it will be as much as possible close to the real, especially because there are some models of Strykers from A1. Now, with artillery modules in editor, it would be possible to operate FSV and CV Strykers.

It is likely that the US Army campaign will include activities/operations that are done by the real US Army. It would be a pity to have an environment so similar to Afghanistan an not recreate the current situation in the warzone.

Yes W0lle... the problem is that BI is forgetting the most important part of their business, their clients, and without them there is no more cash flowing. End of BI.

So it's better for them to start changing things, or giving ears to those who express their reasoned opinions, and don't get to much confident from the words of a couple of sheep's that are resident in this parts of the forums.

It's just bussiness. For example many of the things requested by players in the OFP times have been included in VBS2(mainly because it was a sim for the military but lets assume that they took notice of players requests also). People who afforted to pay that kind of money bought the VBS2 while the rest of us bought ARMA. Remember that VBS2 costs 1500$ so 100 VBS copies sold equals 3000 ARMA copies sold. Now, two years after the release of VBS2, after most of the selling potential of VBS2 has been depleted and because similar games are being developed, BI starts to take features from VBS2 and put them in the new BI titles to keep people interested. Of course they won't put everything in one game and then sell it for 50$. Maybe I'm wrong but this is how I see the the situation...

Edited by BogdanM
some grammatical corrections

Yep.. that was my point. Customers have to respected. The negative critics are important, more important than the positive ones.

The way I see that they put money before clients. Which can be good in short term - this is what most of commenters call business. But we cannot say what is right or wrong till we do not see the whole picture.

Edited by [SONAF]Rebel

Done... i have discussed it with BIS HQ and WE have decided to drop OA because we only got 2 people to work on both ArmA2 / OA and thats not enough to make sure the issues with ArmA2 will get addressed!

P.S. BIS would like thanks all who told us that we couldn't handle both ArmA2 and OA, without you we wouldn't be able to feed our kids, thank you thank you thank you so much.

Edited by JW Custom

I have a question

Currently in this game, there aren't DISTINCT differences between other planes, helos, and vehicles that are mods between vehicles already in the game... other than look and maybe a different loadout.

For instance, the Longbow seems to have a similar loadout to the cobra. In Arrowhead will be seeing distinct differences between the two? Not just one may be a little faster or slower, but different targeting systems, technologies being used, etc?

from what you are saying is that they only have to make models for A-10, AV-8, MH-60, Mi-8, Urals, UAZ, T-72, D-30(which they dont have to because there is already good one they have)and the rest of the model like buildings, trees and *fast forwarding* and weapons just magically appeared.......i hope that kind of good thing happened in my real life:rolleyes:

Shouldn't sat that all of previous A1 models are rather good. That of Mi-8 is, friendly speaking, similar to OWP one, which was made for OFP;)

i'm really interested by this new product. i don't like the story in Arma2, but the new one seems really promising, and fresh. I wait for Arma2 arrowhead.

but (there is always "but"), why they don't change the HDR stuff : http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics2/arrow8.jpg

wood can't reflect the sun like that. this is impossible. In Arma1/Arma2 I hate the lighting, these games would be excellent with a "real lighting". this means no shiny cow, no shiny skins, no shiny fabrics, no shiny metal.

I took a look at some pictures of US abrams in Iraq, sorry but i didn't see shiny metals even under the hard sun of mesopotamia.

sorry but i don't understand why they simply don't change this crazy lighting. they did a simulation, but this lighting is a simulation of nothing real.

btw thx Wolle, for your article; it is very interesting. :)

i'm really interested by this new product. i don't like the story in Arma2, but the new one seems really promising, and fresh. I wait for Arma2 arrowhead.

but (there is always "but"), why they don't change the HDR stuff : http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics2/arrow8.jpg

wood can't reflect the sun like that. this is impossible. In Arma1/Arma2 I hate the lighting, these games would be excellent with a "real lighting". this means no shiny cow, no shiny skins, no shiny fabrics, no shiny metal.

I took a look at some pictures of US abrams in Iraq, sorry but i didn't see shiny metals even under the hard sun of mesopotamia.

sorry but i don't understand why they simply don't change this crazy lighting. they did a simulation, but this lighting is a simulation of nothing real.

btw thx Wolle, for your article; it is very interesting. :)

I'm pretty sure they tried (and/or are still doing) to fix this. I talked with Jennik about that because it bothers me too, but I won't quote him because I can't recall what he exactly explained. But they are aware of it (of course).

I'm pretty sure they tried (and/or are still doing) to fix this. I talked with Jennik about that because it bothers me too, but I won't quote him because I can't recall what he exactly explained. But they are aware of it (of course).

Nice to hear that.

Shouldn't sat that all of previous A1 models are rather good. That of Mi-8 is, friendly speaking, similar to OWP one, which was made for OFP;)

and do you have any prove? can you prove that they are the same model? :rolleyes:;):p

and even if they did used some old model and changed them into new use does it means that there isnt any new model and texture they needed to made? and how long do you think they needed to take to creat them? you can ask this simple question to all addon makers out there and i think they all can answer you with the very same thing.

Edited by 4 IN 1

I have a question

Currently in this game, there aren't DISTINCT differences between other planes, helos, and vehicles that are mods between vehicles already in the game... other than look and maybe a different loadout.

For instance, the Longbow seems to have a similar loadout to the cobra. In Arrowhead will be seeing distinct differences between the two? Not just one may be a little faster or slower, but different targeting systems, technologies being used, etc?

bump :)

and do you have any prove? can you prove that they are the same model? :rolleyes:;):p

They look practically identical. Do you need screenshots of all OFP/A1/A2 Mi-8s?

They look practically identical. Do you need screenshots of all OFP/A1/A2 Mi-8s?

This is stupid. You cannot compare OFP vehicles models and ArmA2 ones. Sad to see an old member trolling this way.

I can give you dozens of photo of a real life Mi-8 and i dont even need to point out that they are all identical, because they are the same airframe after all:D