Sign in to follow this  
Relemar

Why a-10 two hellfire?

What about mavericks?

I saw a video on youtube of a mod that allows you to control the missiles à la maverick from an A-10. with flir and all that stuff.

The Hellfire isnt cleared for carraige on the A-10, so the A-10 shouldnt have any hellfires on it.

The A-10 should be equipped with AGM-65 Mavericks.

Hi all

Use the editor and rearm it as you wish.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addWeapon

Remember you have to Remove the exiting weapons to free up the slots FIRST so follow the links there for Remove weapons/magazines first. There are several ways to do all this the quickest is to just place the code in the init line of the aircraft.

If you want more details and a refined option report your post to the moddies and ask one to move it to the Editing Section of the forums. There you will get advice on making or obtaining a Dialogue to arm an aircraft. It is so simple a process to just make I am sure some one has done it with front pictures of the aircraft and pictures of the ammo. options.

If no one has made such a dialogue I am sure somone will want to make a name for them selves in the community by doing it.

Kind Regards walker

apologies, i meant mavericks :) thaks walker

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

so how do i remove all weapons on teh a10, and give it 8 MVERICKS, and the normal amount OF GAU-8 ammo thanks!

In real life you get 8 mavericks, 6 Gbu's, 2 hyper velocity rocket pods, a gau8 8, and 2 sidewinders.

(Obviously you can change that loadout completely, durandals, ECU jammers etc. But that is the approx amount of space it has)

In Arma 2 you don't get anything :(

I hate balance, its evil.

yep i know, supposed to be a simulator and you don't get any god damn weapons on your aircraft.

why is it like this? in real life, the a10 has 8 mavericks, not 2, its an anti-tank/cas plane, the cannon is pretty hard to use, and we want more mavericks!!!!

balance? you dont get balance in real life, if the US was fighting the russians the US wouldnt say, well lets give them a chance, send all aircraft out with only partial armament.

/rant

Sorry richiespeed13+Relemar - the A-10 has only eight under-wing and three under-fuselage pylon stations - max weight up to 16,000 pounds (7,200 kilograms) of mixed ordnance. Before you rant about something try to search and inform yourself. ;)

Arma2 isnt a flightsim like Falcon, LockOn or DCS Black Shark. Something like an "Advanced Arming System" would be nice - lets see if BIS will do this beside bugfixing and other Arma2 improvements.

yep i know, supposed to be a simulator and you don't get any god damn weapons on your aircraft.

balance? you dont get balance in real life,

That's why ArmA II is a game.

why is it like this? in real life, the a10 has 8 mavericks, not 2, its an anti-tank/cas plane, the cannon is pretty hard to use, and we want more mavericks!!!!

As it is posted before you can set up the A-10 just like you want. You can also rewrite the A-10 config and create a proper replacement so you don't have to add the mavericks all over again.

ArmA's aircrafts simulate a aspect of the battlefield, but it was never intented to be a flightsim.

I can see a lot of issues in having an A-10 with 8 mavericks. If you want to setup your own mission, you can easily use a small script and change to loadout to get 8 missiles instead of the 2 available.

For my part, I think that with the canon the A-10 has a LOT of punch. Adding 6 more missiles would make multiplayer a real nightmare.

A-10 can carry a maximum of 6 Mavs only (on tripple launcher racks on the station outboard of the main gear). Since 6 Mavs and the LAU-88 tripple launcher are pretty heavy and draggy, a two AGM-65 loadout is not uncommon.

Some typical loadouts:

(A-10A, 354 WG/355 FS, 05/2003):

1 AGM 65, 4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 4 LAU-131

4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 5 LAU-131, 1 SUU-25

2 AGM-65, 4 LAU-131, 2 SUU-25

3 LAU-131, 1 SUU-25

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-87

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-89

2 AGM-65, 6 MK82

2 AGM-65, 4 MK-82

2 AGM-65, 2 MK84

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-87, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-89, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 6 MK82, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 4 MK-82, 2 LAU 131

2 AGM-65, 2 MK84, 2 LAU-131

4 AGM-65

4 AGM-65, 2 LAU-131

4 AGM-65, 4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 6 GBU-12D/B

2 AGM-65, 6 GBU-12D/B, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 2 GBU-12E/B

2 AGM-65, 2 GBU-12E/B, 2LAU131

2 AGM-65, 2 CBU-87, 4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 2 CBU-89, 4 LAU-131

6 AGM-65

(A-10A, 51 FW/ 25 FS, 05/2003):

2 AGM-65, 4 LAU-131

4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 3 LAU-131, 1 SUU-25

3 LAU-131, 1 SUU-25

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-87

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-89

2 AGM-65, 6 MK82

2 AGM-65, 2 MK84

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-87, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 4 CBU-89, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 6 MK82, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 2 MK84, 2 LAU-131

4 AGM-65

4 AGM-65, 2 LAU-131

4 AGM-65, 4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 6 GBU-12D/B

2 AGM-65, 6 GBU-12D/B, 2 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 2 GBU-12E/B

2 AGM-65, 2 GBU-12E/BX2LAU131

2 AGM-65, 2 CBU-87, 4 LAU-131

2 AGM-65, 2 CBU-89, 4 LAU-131

Standard equipment for every A-10A has been ECM pod, 2 x AIM-9, and Pave Penny.

Sorry, no loadouts for the A-10C.

Only 2 "Mavericks" on Hog can make this plane adequate enemy but not "killing machine" because in this game it's too easy to operate AGMs. One shot means 100% total destruction of any target no matter of its armor and speed/moves. And when the guided bombs are used, there is some chance to move away.

The A10 is a flying CANNON. Everything else is just icing on the cake..

Sadly, with the flight model/rudder precision of Arma, its not as effective as it could have been.

There's no point in wanting more from aircraft in Arma2. The cry of "it's not a flight sim" dismisses and ends all discussion of aircraft in the game. Be thankful for what you've got. Pay your money and shut up.

Sadly, with the flight model/rudder precision of Arma, its not as effective as it could have been.

I disagree. Everything is in your turn and alignment with the target. I've been practicing some and frankly I can pretty much nail a guy running in a field now. It takes very few hits to blow up a T-90 with the gatling. I use the trackIr and that allows me to track the targets in turns which helps a lot aligning yourself with it.

For the missiles, the fact that you only have to line-up the airplane, hit tab, then fire to guaranty 100% hit chance would make 4 or 6 more missiles kind of an aberation.

Even with the 2 hellfire, you can pop above a hill, target the AA, blow it up and hide before they cant even react. From there, you can just fly over the battlefield ( in most servers anyway ).

I agree, the f35 is like paper, it moves at all time, a10 is a lot better but still has movement in it, and I like to aim right in the circle with the galing gun on a10, sadly i cant + my mouse is good.

There's no point in wanting more from aircraft in Arma2. The cry of "it's not a flight sim" dismisses and ends all discussion of aircraft in the game. Be thankful for what you've got. Pay your money and shut up.

you shut up

I heard that the USAF really doesn't like to use the triple ejector rack with the Maverick due to worries about it coming off the rail cleanly, drag, and weight. I've never seen an F-16 in combat load with a TER of Mavericks. As for the GAU-XX being the primary armament of the A-10, that's Fairchild nonsense. The GAU is a good weapon to be sure but calling the GAU the cake and the Maverick the icing is getting it backward.

However the Hellfire is pretty much "good enough" functionally compared to a Maverick in ArmA2. What would be the point other than realism/correctness? Both have a max range in game well short of their real ranges and kill any tank in a hit.

This is not an aircraft simulator. Its focused on infantry. Thaught most people knew this by now. There are aircrafts up there in the sky that can carry out operations wich is great. You can have someone fly them and carry out ops wich is again great.

Then we have the editor where we can fit things as we want. Then there is addons that with a little bit of luck - youll get exactlly what you want. :)

Alex

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1410849

I sure wish when arming at a vehicle spot you could do at least some modification to your aircraft. I mean it's not like it's a ton of work to implement, but then again there are much more important infantry stuff that didn't get implemented either.

This game is a job 1/3-done, but it's definitely the best 1/3-done job I've ever seen.

Edited by galzohar

This is not an aircraft simulator. Its focused on infantry.

I'd like the flight model adjusted - "duurrrr it's not a flight sim"

What about some more loadouts? - "duurrrr it's not a flight sim"

Would be nice to have countermeasures - "duurrrr it's not a flight sim"

The AI don't fly very well - "duurrrr it's not a flight sim"

Does this game have aircraft? Do they fly? Yes and yes. This game simulates flight.

I'm so sick of hearing that bullshit. Aircraft are in the game, so why not have them work better? Why shout down every suggestion with the same old nonsense?