Sign in to follow this  
Raddik

Change the F35-B loadout?

Is there any way to add/remove certain kinds of weapons on this aircraft without having to use a mod? Specifically, I'd like to remove the bombs and add 2 more Sidewinder missiles. Any insight is much appreciated.

Regards,

Raddik

Think I answered this exact question like a week ago, how to add sidewinders, and the thread had F35 in the name too.

EDIT: I just typed "F35 sidewinders" into the search bar and that thread I'm talking about is the ONLY other thread to come up beside this one. Wow, what a powerful tool that search is.

Thanks. I searched F35 and loadout here and abroad and found nothing. You knew what to search for since it was your topic...but I don't mind sarcasm! :)

it wasn't my topic, and i didnt know what to search for, other than what you were asking for. you have an "f35" and you want "sidewinders"... added the two together and typed it in search. dont limit yourself to two words, gotta mix it up.

Except the addMagazine only adds ammo for existing weapons, which the F35B doesn't have a lot of... I'm assuming that to add other weapons you'd have to change the class or something which would require a mod?

He didn't ask about adding weapons.

But no, you add the weapons just like you would on infantry, with addWeapon and the weapon class name. I've put Mavericks on the F35 before.

Alright, adding weapons from other aircraft works (though I need to try adding other vehicle weapons to see where the line is drawn :P).

How do I remove a part of a magazine (but not the whole magazine)?

Alright, adding weapons from other aircraft works (though I need to try adding other vehicle weapons to see where the line is drawn :P).

There's no line. Any CfgWeapon (aside from infantry weapons) can be added to any CfgVehicle (including infantry).

How do I remove a part of a magazine (but not the whole magazine)?

There's no support for this. However you can sort of do it with setVehicleAmmo. The problem is you won't be able to target specific magazines/magazine types. So it's really only useful if you have only 1 magazin or only want to change one magazine (and leave the rest full).

{this removeMagazines _x} forEach (magazines this);
{this removeWeapon _x} forEach (weapons this);
this addMagazine "6Rnd_Mk82";
this setVehicleAmmo 0.67;
this addWeapon "Mk82BombLauncher_6";
{this addMagazine "2Rnd_Maverick_A10"} forEach [1,2,3];
this addWeapon "MaverickLauncher";
this addMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
this addWeapon "GAU12";
{this addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_F35"} forEach [1,2];
this addWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_F35"; 

This will give the 4 MK82, 6 mavericks, its regular cannon and additional 2 sidewinders. There is one problem, though, it doesn't let me use the 2 additional sidewinders. Any way to fix or work around this issue? This issue doesn't happen for the mavericks, they "reload" fine.

Edited by galzohar

Not possible.

The problem with the magazines is that each magazine has a ammo capacity, i.e. the sidewinders in the F35 are in the 2rnd_sidewinder_F35

This magazine has an ammo capacity of 2.

You could add another magazine for a total ammo count of 4, but you will have to spend the first 2 and then load the new magazine and spend the second 2.

For accessing all missiles at once you should have to create in a config a new magazine, for example 4rnd_sidewinder_f35 inheriting from the 2rnd_sidewinder_f35 and change the ammocount to 4.

Hope its clear

I don't know, though, the maverick magazines reload just fine. I guess somewhere in the CFGs the sidewinder reload time is set to infinity and the maverick reload time is set to 0, or maybe it's just a bug.

@galzohar

It's really simple actually. You need to use the specific classname for sidewinders for the A10 (same name for AH1-Z too). They happen to vary. Use the below names to add the sidewinder launcher and magazine respectively:

this addWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"; this addWeapon "2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z";

You can find the vehicle specific names here:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/

While this is a pretty ugly workaround, it does get the job done (only cost is having 2 sidewinder weapons to scroll through, assuming there is no difference between F35B sidewinder to AH1Z sidewinder):

this addWeapon "GAU12";
this addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_F35";
this addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z";
this addWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z";

I still wonder why adding an extra F35 sidewinder magazine doesn't reload (the magazine is there, it just stays "red" after firing the first magazine and doesn't become "ready").

While this is a pretty ugly workaround, it does get the job done (only cost is having 2 sidewinder weapons to scroll through, assuming there is no difference between F35B sidewinder to AH1Z sidewinder):

this addWeapon "GAU12";
this addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_F35";
this addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z";
this addWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z";

I still wonder why adding an extra F35 sidewinder magazine doesn't reload (the magazine is there, it just stays "red" after firing the first magazine and doesn't become "ready").

It does it just takes a while. By which I mean long enough to get shot down about 8 times.

Wonder why my post didn't work...

After reading some more I realized I misunderstood what the F35B can carry and adjusted it a bit:

//F35B.sqf
_F35B=_this select 0;
{_F35B removeMagazines _x} forEach (magazines _F35B);
{_F35B removeWeapon _x} forEach (weapons _F35B);
_F35B addMagazine "6Rnd_Mk82";
_F35B setVehicleAmmo 0.67;
_F35B addWeapon "Mk82BombLauncher_6";
{_F35B addMagazine "2Rnd_Maverick_A10"} forEach [1,2];
_F35B addWeapon "MaverickLauncher";
_F35B addMagazine "300Rnd_25mm_GAU12";
_F35B addWeapon "GAU12";
_F35B addMagazine "2Rnd_Sidewinder_F35";