Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension - ARMA II

Roger that, thanks for the answer.

Another question, are you still working on this? If you do, may I make a small request? Make it that groups under your High Command can be control via the VFAI control panel.

You can use 'hcAllGroups player'. But if you're not planning on working on it, then it is okay for me. Cheers :)

Current version is 3.1 - release date 16.Aug.2009

= These addons require "Extended_EventHandlers" of the CBA Project =

VFAI consists of 3 independent addons

1. VFAI_Equipment enables units to independently equip themselves with weapons and ammo from dead bodys. Further information and details included in the readme file. I advise you to read the readme file - it might explain some behaviour you wonder about. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy).

2. VFAI_Smokeshell will cause units to throw smokeshells whenever they're hit. They will try to throw smoke into the direction of the gunner to block his view. More details in the included readme file. Installation: read the readme file (it is easy). All units will then be equipped with 1 smokeshell and will know when to use it.

3. VFAI Control Panel

Using this control panel addon you will be able to switch VFAI addons on and off in the middle of the game.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

VFAI Download

OLDER YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOWING VFAI (you get the point when seeing it)

VFAI Project history

• 3.1 Equipment.AI: Handgrenade Bug corrected
  • 3.0 Inital ARMA II Release

© 2009 Victor Farbau

Jeez man, can i leave my phone# with you and call me when you update!! i just downloaded ver. 3 this morning.

Superb :jump_clap:

I've juste tried it in a little test. Works fine.

Just great! :)

How to enable these all features?

I installed it, but can't see menu mentioned in readme.

Thanks Victor! :)

Nice work. The AI rearming themselves should be in the game as standard, nothing annoys me more than micromanaging AI team mates to get more ammo.

Agreed. Dont know why BIS made AI sense medic tents etc that you just drop into a map, but doesnt sense ammo boxes. Would be great if they actually used ammoboxes and dead bodies as well.

Alex

When I disable VFAI for my group, after a while it enables itself. Then again I disable it and it enables itself again. Is there a way to avoid this?

Any chance to randomize the smoke shell throwing? we come under fire from some AI units they threw smoke which was all fine and dandy but there was a squad flanking which exposed its position which we wouldn't have saw if it didn't throw smoke so it kind of killed the surprise. Any way this could be fixed? Only allow the AI to throw smoke if they are being engaged.

This looks really smart.

Is it MP compatible?

Yep must be run on the server or host tho lol

Nevermind,got confused this with VFTCAS.

Edited by Krycek

Hi Robalo_AS,

cool addition to the concept indeed. Does Arma 2 now allow to check the contents of weaponholders? That would round the whole thing up somehow. Yes, please contact me by PM. Let's see if we can integrate it or whether it's better as a standalone, who knows... :)

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Hey Victor, I'm working on something similar, if you're interested in incorporating my stuff I'll send it to you:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90703

Does Arma 2 now allow to check the contents of weaponholders?

No, but here's the tip: you don't know what's in the box, you just go and look for what you need :)

Glad you're interested, I'll send you more by PM later.

Phew, that approach can be problematic, specially when you also want to start using MOD weapons. Anyway, maybe there's a good way to incorporate the principle still - will you contact me by PM?

Thanks,

VictorFarbau

I think that can be covered, already is in a way. PM sent.

These addons require "Extended_EventHandlers"

I need help installing the Extended_EventHandlers.

I donloaded the vfai mod, then I went to the site

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca

but the CBA file thing doesnt explan how to install the file.

Install it the in same folder structure as all addons.

eg. c:\Program Files\Arma 2\@CBA\Addons\

you will put the CBA files into the 'addons' folder that you will have to make.

You need to learn how to install mods and their folders, Arma2 uses alot. and dont ever put files into the default BIS Addons folder.

i put the extra file from the CBA site in the same location as my addons, still get that error message and my mod doesn't appear to be working

it would appear there more to the CBA file then just placing it in the same folder?

The file you downlaoded, is it called CBA_v0-2-0.7z ?

If so then this is an archive which contains other files which need to be extracted and put into their relevant folders. Google .7z and install the program.

Inside the archive you will find find, read the txt files.

The file you downlaoded, is it called CBA_v0-2-0.7z ?

If so then this is an archive which contains other files which need to be extracted and put into their relevant folders. Google .7z and install the program.

Inside the archive you will find find, read the txt files.

ahhhh! now that explains it.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

great now i need to spend 30 bucks to unzip this file.

Is it still work with the latest cba? I've tried with ace, Zeus, gl4 and the ai don't seem to bother searching for weapons. It may be a conflict with other mods though. Anyone?

The Ai in GL4 rearm themselves, read about it in the thread. This addon isnt needed with GL4.

I know, it's just didn't seem that efficient, but it was a week ago, I played.

thx anyway.