Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI - AI Extension - ARMA II

Gonna give that a try Domokun.

Ok, made your suggested revisions, and all I can say is, Whoa Nellie! Those bastards are out for blood! I'm being attacked remorselessly and getting my ass kicked--so far, but I'm loving it. Seems very realistic. The AI makes good use of cover and employs their weapons effectively. With the first aid mod, they try to help each other when wounded. It all works seamlessly. I love the improvements to muzzle flashes and muzzle smoke--makes it possible to find enemy in concealment by their weapon discharge. It's not overdone, just right, and helps compensate a bit for the MUCH more aggressive enemy ai.

One thing I'm having a problem with--I can't seem to drag or carry wounded team members any more. Not sure what's responsible--I have a ton of mods running. Have to take a close look at everything and find out what's causing that.

Ok--I figured out that to drag or carry people I have to use the Ace interaction key. This game is so complex colleges should offer it as a Major.

Edited by nodlew

I have a few AI improving addons, one of the things I like to do is to switch them in & out occasionally, just to give different gameplays.

Currently my AI enhancers are:

SLX

ASR_AI

DAC

But I've also gotten good mileage out of

ACE

Zeus

VFAI

GL4.

My current mix is quite effective.