Edit: nevermind, i figured out how to add multiple tracks to the description.ext

It doesn't work though, but if i try your example mission, it only plays the arma soundtrack, not the Mad Monks from Dreamweaver, nor the tracks i added.

I added the

CLAY_RadioAddMusic = [["ClassName","Song Name",Length]]; 

to the init part of the Car Radio logic multiple times, once for every song i placed in the music folder. Obviously filled in classname, songname and lenght to match those in the description.ext file.

Also

CLAY_RadioVehiclesClass = ["AH1Z"];

for i want to listen to music while flying :)

But it only plays the arma soundtrack in your mission and also in any mission i try to make. No error message, the songs i placed in the music folders are just not in the car radio.

edit2: also, is it possible to have the car radio in armory mode?

Edited by Buflak

To add multiple songs to the radio, you have to place them all in one array:

CLAY_RadioAddMusic = [["ClassName1","Song Name 1",Length1], ["ClassName2","Song Name 2",Length2], ["ClassName3","Song Name 3",Length3],...]

To listen to your added music, you have to click on the "/\" or "\/" buttons, to switch the the "User Music" playlist (as stated in the lower left corner of the display).

Now if only i could get the radio chatter to work i could have a nice police car...

You could run your radio chatter like a normal song. So you have to turn your radio on to hear the police broadcasts.

I'm assuming this plays tracks off your hard drive locally?

Is there any way possible, for MP, to have the car radio automatically transmit whatever the car radio is playing over the VoN system, on the "vehicle specific" channel?

So, in MP, when you turn on the car radio, it plays the track off your hard drive locally, but also streams whatever is playing locally for you to anyone who's in the vehicle with you?

To be honest, I don't know much about how MP scripting works. I also don't know if the radio works in MP at all. (don't think so)

From what I've heard, dialogs are client side. So that shouldn't be a problem. But playMusic however is executed globally, making any player on the map hear the music.

A workaround could be to check if the player is in the car, and only if he is, play the music. Then again, it would probably cause problems when different players are in different car at the same time.

However, these are just some thoughts. Like I said above, I don't know how it all works in MP. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Any advise / help would be welcome.

Nice work Clay. Any chance this could be arranged that if you have PBOs with music files it will read them like it does the base Arma2 music PO (similar to the old Hulk_oggplayer?. This way embedding an init within the mission is not required and it becomes a true client side mod.

Also is the track length a required field? Is it for display purposes within the player?

Los

The track length is needed, so that the radio knows when the track is over and when to play the next song.

And that's the problem with reading music from inside an .pbo. There is no way (I know of) to say if the track is over. So after every song the user has to select the next song manuelly.

Thanks Los18z for the hint. But the hulk player has the problem I described above: It only plays one song and then stopps. That's not the way I want my radio to work. But I'll think about including this feature in a future version.

But until then... back to business.....^^

Version 2.2 of the Car Radio is now available.

What's new?

• Drag & Drop Function for Playlist Editor
  • Create your own pre-defined Playlist (in userconfig .hpp)
  • No additional variables have to be used if not needed
  • Define vehicle types which don't have the radio available
  • Optional tooltips for most buttons

I've also updated the example mission.

DL link(s) and further information about the new (and changes) features in the first post.

Have fun!

Greetz,

Clayman

Great stuff Clayman,

This is an Addon from my thoughts working very good had a go yesterday - not hard at all to install.

The feature to use the car radio on a server would be the best, i already see me flying my chopper to transport the troops so that everybody can listing to my radio. I hope you are able to create this - sorry i can't help you cause i really have no idea, but if i could i would for 100%.

Thanks to Srgt_Foxhound over at Assault Mission Studio I made a new version for Operation Arrowhead. Included are both the missing tracks from Eagle Wing / Patch 1.05 aswell as all tracks from OA.

DL Links and further info can be found in the first post.

Have fun!

Hello , very good job i wanted to know if you can add a serveur key plz ? glad if i can use it on my serveur thanks

This sounds awesome, and I'm going to try to add it to a co-op mission real soon.

What about possibility of someday being able to tune in to a streaming internet radio station like RadioIO or something? Or tying the controls into your winamp controls or something.

So we can have lots of tunes, w/o the need to include a large file of songs with our mission.

Either way, thanks for your mod, going to try it today!

Edited by R.Flagg

Is this only for the vehicles ?

If yes, would you consider making mobile version, aka iPod ?

Id like to play some vietnam-music for the boys while transporting them in the chopper.

Hello.

Backing R.Flagg with his hint, defenitly freakin awesome if possible!!!

Is it possible to listen at Online Streams with that radio?

Would make it fun to here your local DJ in ArmA 2 lol....? "(I'm One) hehehe, thats for tonite :)

Or Your News Radio Stream or wat ever....??? looks like fun here...?

It got to get in there !!! Mwhuhahahahaha Cool....

Greet's

Edited by Mac_Spliff=ISK=
add's

when i use this in mp, do other players hear the same music like in Battlefiled Vietnam? thx 4 info

Any chance of making it so we can have the music play while out of the car and fade as we get farther away?

Hi, so far everything is working with the car radio but I always get this warning before I start a test mission:

"Warning: NIL Variable overridden; please fix mission or loaded addon-scripts"

Also, in the same warning box i get at the botton a greyed out text: "Dynamic sound System(DSS)!

Hi,

I'd love to see that radio working in 3D so my teammates could hear it while riding Wolga. Please can You make it work in 3D?

Hi, so far everything is working with the car radio but I always get this warning before I start a test mission:

"Warning: NIL Variable overridden; please fix mission or loaded addon-scripts"

Also, in the same warning box i get at the botton a greyed out text: "Dynamic sound System(DSS)!

Just checked it and it seems like I uploaded the wrong file..... six month ago. :p

Wonder why noone has reported this earlier.^^

Have put up a fixed version: CLAY_CarRadioV231.rar

Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience. :)

Nice addon but I dont know how to add my own music. Listen to the EYE of the Tiger etc :)