Sign in to follow this  
p75

Loading old vanilla Arma maps in Arma 2 with CAA1 - Just Wow - Performance & Beauty

I downloaded the files last night mate and everything is working good for me.

Edited by dale0404

This is genius! The islands work so good, super smooth.

The notebook isnt working for Arma1 missions in A2, unable to see mission tasks. :(

@ Master gamawa

You can move the files. It just makes auto updating more hassle.

@ touristo

Try the A1 plants.pbo. It should work fine for A1 islands. A2 will miss one tree object.

So put it into a separate addon folder and load it when needed.

@ Nazul

Please make a ticket here and explain what you did,

what went wrong and attach the rpt please.

ok I did and it looks good and plays fine.

still got the question. How can I make this work with Arma Launcher? Arma launcher seems to detect folders that have @ before the name and this is not the case with ACC1.

I just tried it and it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I could persuade Arma Launcher to accept this? The command line is a bit different than standard addons.

edit: YAY! I just had to copy the new command line on Arma launcher and it works fine.

This proves my point once again. To really enjoy Arma you must wait two years after the release. This is some new definition of 'future proof' I guess! ;)

Edited by Master gamawa

I don't wish to cause unnecessary confrontation, but doesn't that download contain copyrighted material? As in, BIS copyrighted material?

I don't wish to cause unnecessary confrontation, but doesn't that download contain copyrighted material? As in, BIS copyrighted material?

They got all necessary permission from BI to release this mod. :)

Missions arent working for me too, but the "new" maps look great, thanks a lot for this mod. :cool:

Some 5040x1050 screenshots, click to enlarge.

f36be3db9773928957376d320b98bf496g.jpg

bc76595a3c369b7558ebf2b7571e35326g.jpg

bb193d9c9d6564dedf6d3b2ea897b35f6g.jpg

e53fd328f169b3435327b7e809bdff466g.jpg

I just downloaded all those OAC & CAA1 files and put my favourite Arma1 usermade campaign PMC First fight to arma2 campaign folder. Campaign worked right away with no errors. :yay: Only briefings and tasks are missing.

It's so strange to play this now. Like i'm playing Arma1, but all the new fancy details of new Arma2 engine. :D

@ thales100

Care to explain the probs here please?

Any way to get missions working with these?

Some missions/campaigns work, briefings missing though.

Just tried another mission that worked called "Last tango in Bagango"

I posted this elsewere too. When I am Russian or local squad leader, my player speaks russian but my squad mates (AI) talk english (like USMC). Anyone else gets this bug?

11aTony can you please file a bug report here at OAC,

and attach the mission.

First I will say thank you.

Next I will ask: I have the @CAA1 folder in my ArmA2 directory, and inside that i have a folder named Addons with all the files in it. I looks like this:

E:\Bohemia Interactive\@CAA1\Addons

My shortcut:

"E:\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CAA1

When I fire up ArmA2 no ArmA1 maps. Any ideas? :confused:

One thing I noticed with these - I have all settings maxed out, yet trees and buildings pop up really close to the player, moreso than in ARMA2. Has anybody else noticed this, and is there anything I can tweak to increase the pop-in distance?

@Agenius

You need to download OAC also. I recommend going to http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/HowToDownloadReleases. They have a very comprehensive installation guide and all you need to do is follow their instructions to the letter and you should be up and running in no time.

This is unbelievable at how smooth everything is. Finally! I can enjoy infantry skirmishes without random stuttering! I do get random crashes though, but it's worth it!

It would be awesome if BIS would release some of this content...even just the islands and objects in an official patch.

I guess because they gave permission for the modders to release this, it would probably suggest they have no intention of doing so however.

Thanks

Frosty

@Agenius

You need to download OAC also. I recommend going to http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/HowToDownloadReleases. They have a very comprehensive installation guide and all you need to do is follow their instructions to the letter and you should be up and running in no time.

This is unbelievable at how smooth everything is. Finally! I can enjoy infantry skirmishes without random stuttering! I do get random crashes though, but it's worth it!

Semper is right!

Ok, so I am getting the too many Utes maps because I am a noob ass. Can someone please explain how you fixed this? Not quiet sure what to do with oac.

Ok, so I am getting the too many Utes maps because I am a noob ass. Can someone please explain how you fixed this? Not quiet sure what to do with oac.

Hey mate,

Just follow my simple instruction set somewhere in the beginning of this thread. Do exactly as told, if it not works like that, I'll help you out in more detail, but it should work fine.

The Arma 1 maps run perfectly, but i get the same FPS at 5040x1050 that i usually have running the Arma 2 maps (all run smoothly btw).