Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

38ff2eabb8432cc8a7b8d3dba768ebb55g.jpg

I cant seem to get my mods to show the same as above, meaning when i select each one, it only shows the full target line C/Bi/arma2/blahblah. What i want is to see and tick a @Mods folder ???.

Also my game crashes at start showing the following

Prof.jpg

Edited by SnR

All,

more or less only some bug-fixing.

Release notes

* Fix: Mods cannot be deleted

* Fix: Column width in ServerBrowser at start

* Fix: Improved fading function

* New: Context menu to select highest/lowest mod priority

Thx,

alpinestars

Exellent work!

Only thing now what I'm missing is automatic activation of needed mods, when joining a server.

Thanks for the launcher, very slick.

Have an issue though, probably a user issue: I cannot get my mods to work anymore.

I have every required mod checked, in the 'proper' order, confirmed and removed conflicts. But I can only get vanilla Arma. Is there some such evil thing as a max limit of mods? (I just added a few)

Thanks again!

Exellent work!

Only thing now what I'm missing is automatic activation of needed mods, when joining a server.

That's too hard, because some servers seems to have special mods (e.g. "inseln"). Therefore you should create profiles containing IP, port, password, needed mods.

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Thanks for the launcher, very slick.

Have an issue though, probably a user issue: I cannot get my mods to work anymore.

I have every required mod checked, in the 'proper' order, confirmed and removed conflicts. But I can only get vanilla Arma. Is there some such evil thing as a max limit of mods? (I just added a few)

Thanks again!

The launcher should not have a limit concerning mods. Did you try a "reset"?

alpinestars

I have a very odd problem, I have it installed in the folder and everything, but when I click the 'start ARMA II' button, the launcher simply relaunches itself, and it gives the same results when I try multiplayer.

EDIT: Apparently my path was pointing to my launcher, not my arma exe. derrp.

Edited by MrJohnson

odd issue i'm having with 2.0.6. I cannot get the mods to load in the right order that I want them in. When i order them by priority, the priority shown in ArmA2 once the game is loaded is not the same. It insists on loading the mod folders in the same priority each time, regardless of what i change in the profile. I have reset the profiles and settings several times and still encounter this.

Is there something i'm overlooking? I didn't have this problem with the earlier versions that I am aware of.

Stupid question : do you save your mod order in the Mods tab before launching the game? (click on the Floppy disk icon)

Maybe you are confusing the load order because it is reversed : first mod shown in the Mods list (Mods tab) is the one with the highest priority (the mod which gets launched in last position so it overrides the others) so you should put the one you want to launch first at the bottom by using right click=>lowest priority.

Just bear in mind that "Highest priority" means launched last.

Edited by Lonestar

Just bear in mind that "Highest priority" means launched last.

Well that explains my confusion right there. I'll see if it works, thanks.

edit: That fixed it, thanks a bunch. Guess i was having a der-hur moment to not realise they were showing up in the reverse order of what i was trying to set them to.

Edited by Steakslim

Do not consider about high prio at top or bottom, just set the order beginning with the mod with the highest priority.

Usually high prio comes first, that's what I implemented in the 3rd tab. No big deal :)

alpinestars

Hi!

I have just installed this launcher and it's great but I have to clarify this. I have read that at top of the list, high priority, is the mod that is loaded last in a string and hence overrides mods lower on the list. Right?

But you write that high priority comes first. First in loadingstring or are you refering to the same as I, meaning that it overrides mods below it?

(Perhaps it could say "loading order" instead or something?)

Anyway, the thing is that I have tested with CBA at the top and at the bottom and no error and it seems to work as intended in both cases even that I can't test al things in a simple way. It should be at the bottom of list, lowest priority to get loaded first then?

Hope you understand my question.

I have read that at top of the list, high priority, is the mod that is loaded last in a string and hence overrides mods lower on the list. Right?
Yes
Anyway, the thing is that I have tested with CBA at the top and at the bottom and no error and it seems to work as intended in both cases even that I can't test al things in a simple way. It should be at the bottom of list, lowest priority to get loaded first then?
If CBA is at the top it means that you gave it High priority, which is wrong because this addon is used as a basis by many other addons and should always be launched first (low prority).

You may think it has no consequences but it does.

Ok, it is like I thought then. Thanks for confirming this fot me.

I still think that it should have diffrent name than priority, but I might be thinking diffrent. ;)

I am having a rather annoying problem. I have this weird problem where I can't load anymore addons unless I deactivate older ones, almost like I ran out of room for addons. If I don't deactivate one or more, the game doesn't even launch. Insta crash. I don't know if it has anything to do with the launcher, but I do use it so I thought I'd ask here.

PS: Most important addons go at the bottom of the load order, then least important at the top right? Like ACE and CBA would be at the bottom etc...

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

Is their a character limit in the mod load line (256)?

I try to keep all mods in seperate MOD folders and organise with Launcher but seem to be having same issue as above?

If for instance I am unable to load an island using the launcher and copu the addons to the standard Arma2\addons folder I am able to acces the mod.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Tried to reset your settings (and profiles) ?

Can you do this when starting...

I seem to be in a loop..

Start program says 'New or deleted mods detected in Arma II directory Application will restart'

Press ok and restarts with same messgae?

Thanks

DOH!!! Think I did fix it by finding a reset button .... Seems all good now... :-)

Edited by Wastelander

I reformatted my computer recently, and I reinstalled my arma 2. But, I kept the old files and transfered over. I used Alpine's arma 2 launcher, but everytime I try launching it crashes. Help please?

Oh, and the, I just copy pasted my old folders over the fresh Arma 2 folder.

Ok, I've got an error.

Error: failed attempt to launch program or document:

Action:<\beta\arma2.exe>

Params:

<-mod=x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;beta\.rsync\.pack;beta;@ww2;@ww1;@VopSound_2.1;@vilas;@ukf;@Tracers;@TJPORCHEPD and a lot of mods.

The current t

Specifically:The system cannot find the file specified

Line#

---->6324:return

I think I have roughly the same error. Just started happening last night. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and restarted several times... no luck.

Error.jpg

Hi, I noted the space in "@ ww2"

That might be something to change to see if it helps

-OP