Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

The new beta patch has no more addon folder inside. I will try to fix it.

alpinestars

thnx thales, worked like a charm!

Thanks man. ;)

@CptArmA2 : Thanks, your app is superb.

When I load the app it will continue to say "New or deleted mods detected in ArmA II directory. Application will restart." This will go on forever so I can't use the app. Any fix on this? I've tried deleted all my mods but it still happens..

When I load the app it will continue to say "New or deleted mods detected in ArmA II directory. Application will restart." This will go on forever so I can't use the app. Any fix on this? I've tried deleted all my mods but it still happens..

you must restet the laucher, thats helped.;)

Hey CptArma2,

Just an idea for any future update. For all the ACE/SIX updater users out there, is there any way to get the launcher to ignore the rsync addon folders? It makes the mod list rather cluttered as each SIX mod has a twin \.rsync folder as well. Not a big deal, but just a thought ;)

alpinestarsrsync.png?t=1265265250

Hey CptArma2,

Just an idea for any future update. For all the ACE/SIX updater users out there, is there any way to get the launcher to ignore the rsync addon folders? It makes the mod list rather cluttered as each SIX mod has a twin \.rsync folder as well. Not a big deal, but just a thought ;)

alpinestarsrsync.png?t=1265265250

Will be included in next version!

As a feature request, I often have situations (not many) that require the same, but different from each other, settings. For example I have my generic playing settings, all the stuff I like to play with when I'm playing for pure SP enjoyment. Then I have development settings, where I just load up the relevant addons I need for that. Then there might be some individual MP requirements, as all servers that use mods seem to have a different mix.

Any chance of working in a number of preset profiles? Somehow? I don't know what form that would take, maybe say allow for 5 presets and have a different tab for each. Or something :)

It's not exactly a biggie, but remembering which addons are/are not required for a specific session gets confusing.

It's not exactly a biggie, but remembering which addons are/are not required for a specific session gets confusing.

Mmm ? My english isnt very good but i think what you request is already included, you can create as many profiles as you want, and quickly select and launch Arma 2 running only the mods included in that specific profile.

38ff2eabb8432cc8a7b8d3dba768ebb55g.jpg

Edited by thales100

Mmm ? My english isnt very good but i think what you request is already included, you can create as many profiles as you want, and quickly select and launch Arma 2 running only the mods included in that specific profile.

Ah, well in that case I guess I'm using an outdated version :D if I'd known about this I would have updated more recently for sure ;)

Thanks for the update :)

Where is possibility to play beta? Cannot find??

How to run the beta launching A2 with this app ? Create an empty folder called Addons inside the beta folder, then the launcher should identify it.

@DMarkwick : Cool, and the profiles work perfectly.

When I load the app it will continue to say "New or deleted mods detected in ArmA II directory. Application will restart." This will go on forever so I can't use the app.

i have the same problem, however i didnt tried to delete or remove all mods, i have LOTS of em (2183 files, 320 folders,11GB; nothing compared to ArmA1, there it was 30GB :eek:) thats why i finally need a launcher. reset didnt help neither.

what can be the reason that the launcher restart over and over again?

i really need that thingy because my desktop will explode from to many arma2 bat files :D

Edited by RunForrest

turn it off

the option : check automaticly for mod folders...

?

unchecking the box didnt work in the first place(wasnt saved), now it did somehow :confused: nvm, thx :)

i was never happy with launchers in the past, but this thingy here looks really promising, testing now...

All,

version 2.0.5 is online, I hope that everything works as designed :)

* New: Avoid listing mods with addons in folders “.rsyncâ€, “.pack†and “.devâ€

* New: Link to FreeTrack forum removed due to the fact that FreeTrack is now officially supported

* New: Some GUI spaces etc. changed

* New: Detect beta folder without “addons†folder inside

* Fix: Identifier of “Additional command line parameters†(re)added

* Fix: Activate ServerBrowser if ServerBrowser is already open instead of trying to start a new one

BR

alpinestars

For me it still lists .rsyncs as mods.

For example @ACE\.rsync\.pack

EDIT: Ok did a reset, now working just fine!

Thanks

Edited by routakiila

For me it still lists .rsyncs as mods.

For example @ACE\.rsync\.pack

try with reset your settings

I have a serious problem, I have downloaded the latest version after having no problems with the previous version. I deleted my old one and replaced it with the new launcher but it seems to duplicate the caa1 files I have. I've tried selecting just one copy and disabling the others, but it won't start, I tried leaving all selected, but same thing. When I attempt to take the caa1 folder out and select the launcher again, it keeps repeating "New or deleted mods detected, restarting" message.

I don't know what to do and Arma won't start. Please help....

EDIT:

Ok, if I ignore the message after I take the @caa1 folder out of the Arma 2 directory, and just start anyway, it works just fine.....Except I don't get the Caa1 stuff.....AHHHRG!

Edited by Devil Dogs SF