Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

Outstanding really appreciate this most valuable tool. ;)

One question if you use Steam the path is so long you can see the AddOn to choose it? Is there a why to shorten the view or increase the window size?

Edited by vengeance1

Just updated to new launcher but why does the program display the long path to the mods? Can that be fixed? If not, make the window resizeable. I cant see what I'm supposed to select. Can the NON OA stuff be hidden if I select the Arrowhead EXE?

5evpzm.png

Edited by nuggetz

Same problem here, can see the mods name, only the full path, and launcher cant be resized.

Just updated to new launcher but why does the program display the long path to the mods? Can that be fixed? If not, make the window resizeable. I cant see what I'm supposed to select. Can the NON OA stuff be hidden if I select the Arrowhead EXE?

5evpzm.png

It displays the complete path because it is now possible to handle mods in

- MyDocuments\Arma 2

- Arma 2 gamedir

- Arma 2 gamedir\Expansion

- somewhere on you harddisk

What do you mean with NON OA stuff that should be hidden when OA exe is chosen?

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Same problem here, can see the mods name, only the full path, and launcher cant be resized.

You are also using steam?

Resizing is not easy to implement w/o destroying the complete layout in autohotkey. Perhaps it might be useful to have a horizontal "scroll bar" in the mod list?!?!

What I mean by non OA stuff is the mod folders that are specific to arma2. In the screenshot I posted, I have the OA exe selected in the options which changes the start button to "Start Arma II OA" but the list of mods in the right hand pane contain mod folders for Arma2 as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to hide the Arma2 mod folders if I'm not going to launch Arma2? Not only can I not see which mods folders because the path is so long, the list is also mixed up with mods specific to Arma2.

What I mean by non OA stuff is the mod folders that are specific to arma2. In the screenshot I posted, I have the OA exe selected in the options which changes the start button to "Start Arma II OA" but the list of mods in the right hand pane contain mod folders for Arma2 as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to hide the Arma2 mod folders if I'm not going to launch Arma2? Not only can I not see which mods folders because the path is so long, the list is also mixed up with mods specific to Arma2.

Some mods of ArmA II are also working for OA, or?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

All,

I added the possibility to change the path depth of the shown mods. Everybody can now choose this behaviour by himself.

launcher_300_2.jpg

Download beta2 here

Please test it.

Thx,

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Ey CptArma2 I'm a brazilian community where all members use your launcher that is amazing and extremely easy to use, the more I'd like to ask you a favor or even just an authorization for us to change the picture by putting a picture of the community, not would be released with the name of the community would be for internal use only, if you can let us do this and I thank the entire community.

The banner/logo is included in the executable, so there is no chance out of the box to change it by yourself. (Okay, you can use a ressource hacker tool ...)

If really needed, I will create one version for your community, but only once. That means w/o further update support etc. The banner is 580 x 160 px and must be *.bmp.

alpinestars

Can we get a beta support in parameters checkbox, when I change the path to the .exe in settings I get an error.

And can we also get steam support, like \steam.exe -applaunch ID(ID is the steam game id)

And other parameters like: -noPatchCheck -exThreads=X

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Can we get a beta support in parameters checkbox, when I change the path to the .exe in settings I get an error.

As told several time before, there is NO need to select the beta .exe, just select the "beta" or "Expansion\beta" mod and the corresponding beta .exe will be used :)

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

And can we also get steam support, like \steam.exe -applaunch ID(ID is the steam game id)

And other parameters like: -noPatchCheck -exThreads=X

Sure! Can you provide me the steam game ID? What about loading mods? Is it e.g. ..\steam.exe -applaunch 123456 -mod=@xyz;@zyx ?

You are able to add other parameters via the box (bottom) on "mod tab", just add -noPatchCheck etc.

alpinestars

OA Appid is 33930

I'll post A2 appid when I reinstall the Steam one. (unless someone else gets to it.)

All,

some changes in detection of standalone OA installation.

Download beta3 here

BTW: Updating to a beta version is not supported via the integrated update function!

BR

alpinestars

Edited by CptArmA2

My launcher has a problem since installing OA. It keeps coming up with a pop up box saying "new or deleted mods detected in ARMA2 directory. Application needs to restart"

I understand this is normal after installing new mods but everytime i restart it by clicking yes it restarts but keeps cycling over and over again with the message and won't stop.

Anyone else getting this?

Edited by vasmkd

My launcher has a problem since installing OA. It keeps coming up with a pop up box saying "new or deleted mods detected in ARMA2 directory. Application needs to restart"

I understand this is normal after installing new mods but everytime i restart it by clicking yes it restarts but keeps cycling over and over again with the message and won't stop.

Anyone else getting this?

Did you try a RESET?

Did you try a RESET?

Yes and the problem is fixed. Thanks for the quick response :)

great ty for the tool

though it would be simpler to use if we can switch between OA n arma2 at the start menu and there r no need to show where the mod is i just need to know what mod m i using.

nice touch on the mod priority setting, now i know which way the mod should go n u can throw the mod all the way up to the top priority with that skip button, it was a pain in the butt to organize mod priority when u had to click hunderd times to arrange them at the older version

ty for the time n effort to make our life easier ty

All,

version 3.0.0 is online, hope that everything runs as designed.

Changelog

* Supports now both *.exe: ArmA II and ArmA II Operation Arrowhead (Combined and Standalone)

* Added -ShowScriptError parameter

* Expanded GUI + slightly expanded ServerBrowser

* Shown path depth of mods (1st tab) can be defined via slider

* New logo

* ServerBrowser shows ArmA II and ArmA II Operation Arrowhead related to the selected *.exe

* Mods in C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Arma 2\ and C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles\ will be automatically detected

* Fix in desktop shortcut recognition

* Some minor bugfixes

I moved the website to arma2.paro-technology.com, please keep in mind.

Thx,

alpinestars

Hello I've been using your ArmaII Launcher for some time and it's great! now moved with OA and installed the latest version. I use windowed mode but the game window doesn't fit my screen ?? it is not your prog because I tried with -window, are others getting the same problem?? my spec is 1024 x 768.

I got ArmaII and OA, and set the launcher to select OA and checked Expansion box, if OA is selected one needs to tick Expansion box?

Question: Is there a way to use it with the Steam version of Combined Operations? I've tried setting it to the _runA2CO.cmd but it doesn't work. It just runs OA. I'm just trying to find a way to get it to run Combined Ops. It works fine with ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA but I can't quite figure out how to put them together.

Question: Is there a way to use it with the Steam version of Combined Operations? I've tried setting it to the _runA2CO.cmd but it doesn't work. It just runs OA. I'm just trying to find a way to get it to run Combined Ops. It works fine with ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA but I can't quite figure out how to put them together.

I am working on a steam version, but it will take some time.

I am working on a steam version, but it will take some time.

Gotcha. Thanks. :)

Best launcher :ok:

Many thx for OA compatibility and your efforts.

Great Launcher!

Using it since its release i think.

But i am also using the latest beta patches. Since the last 2 beta patches i get always config errors, when starting via Alpine Launcher.

Idont get the error msg. when i load via shortcut.

I started the beta from the launcher by

D:\ArmedAssault2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Any suggestions?