Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

Windows 2003 Sp2 x32

It's a server OS, I do not know if there are any limitations. I only tested it on XP, Vista x86 + x64, Win 7 x86 + x64. Can anybody confirm this error?

Thx,

alpinestars

CptArmA2,

I've found the reason of such crash. It's caused by DEP.

By default on servers this service is active for all applications. On XP and other it's switched on for some services only. The problem is that adding "ArmA II Launcher.exe", "gslist.exe" and "qstat.exe" to exclusion list don't fix anything. It's still crashes. Only turning DEP on "for essential application" mode has a sence.

So, what else services are used by "ArmA II Launcher.exe"?

Maybe adding them to exclusions will fix the problem.

Thanks!

CptArmA2,

So, what else services are used by "ArmA II Launcher.exe"?

Maybe adding them to exclusions will fix the problem.

Thanks!

- Runtime environment of autohotkey

- gslist.exe

- qstat.exe

I noticed that if you try to join a local dedicated server on your computer (arma2server.exe), you get stuck on a black screen with the message "Waiting for host".

If i try to join the server via the "Join game" button i have this problem, but if i click on the "Launch ArmA 2" button and then select the server in the multiplayer menu it works fine.

Can anybody confirm ? I don't know what's causing this but I thought i'd let you know.

More info: the local ds is passworded and i'm using addons

@CptArmA2: you should update the first post.

Edited by Lonestar

Trying to run the latest beta through the launcher with no luck.

Selecting the beta exe, even adding -mod=beta to the parameter :(

Trying to run the latest beta through the launcher with no luck.

Selecting the beta exe, even adding -mod=beta to the parameter :(

Just select the mod "beta", do NOT select manually another *.exe.

Just select the mod "beta", do NOT select manually another *.exe.

Just to make sure I'm crystal on this. To run the Arma beta all you have to do is select the 'beta' folder that is recognised in the mod list? Launcher will automatically run the beta.exe in the right folder and so on?

Cheers.

Thanks guys

I've just downloaded it and had a look at the settings. I'm very impressed, it's the best one I've tried so far. Intuitive, compact and a facile progrmame to use :). I shall be recommending this programme to others. Thank you and très bien!

I noticed that if you try to join a local dedicated server on your computer (arma2server.exe), you get stuck on a black screen with the message "Waiting for host".

If i try to join the server via the "Join game" button i have this problem, but if i click on the "Launch ArmA 2" button and then select the server in the multiplayer menu it works fine.

Can anybody confirm ? I don't know what's causing this but I thought i'd let you know.

More info: the local ds is passworded and i'm using addons

@CptArmA2: you should update the first post.

I have the same thing happen when trying to join a friends server. I think about 4 out of 6 of us have to go through MP tab just as you do. Joining servers such as ArmAcalypse I haven't had any issues.

CptArmA2,

Great launcher helps tons !

I understand Add Supported but a little heads up to the community on the pop ups and pop unders would be nice.

Thanks

"Add Supported"??? Do you mean the webpage? It is a free hoster and I am not responsible for these adds.

alpinestars

I'm having a little problem with the launcher, it doesn't seem to detect that i have the track ir sofware installed and the option stay gray.

Anyone knows a workaround for this?

I'm having a little problem with the launcher, it doesn't seem to detect that i have the track ir sofware installed and the option stay gray.

Anyone knows a workaround for this?

Which TrackIR version do you use?

Would mods loaded first (ie: ACE) actually go at the bottom instead of the top of the load order?

Which TrackIR version do you use?

Last one, TrackIR 5 and software is up to date.

Would mods loaded first (ie: ACE) actually go at the bottom instead of the top of the load order?

First? You mean with highest priority? Why put them to the botton?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

I do not own TrackIR but I will try to install the latest version and check the behaviour. It might be possible that they changed their registry keys :confused:

I read way back in the thread that mods like ACE and Caa1 would go at the bottom instead of the top, that's wrong....Isn't it?:(

I read way back in the thread that mods like ACE and Caa1 would go at the bottom instead of the top, that's wrong....Isn't it?:(

You are able to choose the priority (high prio = top, low prio = bottom) of each mod in "Mods" tab. New detected mods are always at the end (bottom) of the list mod in "Mods" tab. The mod list on 1st tab ("Start") is in alphabetical order!

Thx,

alpinestars

I have been always using the launcher, which is very convenient. But I hope the size of interface could be changed by my mouse, just like the Explorer.

I downloaded "TrackIR_5.0.Final.b.exe", installed it with default settings --> ArmA II launcher detects it!

Maybe you did an update from an earlier version? Can you please reinstall it? BTW: Tested under Vista (If needed I can give it a try tomorrow on Win 7)

Thx,

alpinestars

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I have been always using the launcher, which is very convenient. But I hope the size of interface could be changed by my mouse, just like the Explorer.

Due to the limitations of the chosen programming language ("autohotkey") it is nearly impossible for me to offer such a feature.

Where do you need more space?

Thx,

alpinestars

Due to the limitations of the chosen programming language ("autohotkey") it is nearly impossible for me to offer such a feature.

Where do you need more space?

Thx,

alpinestars

---------I hope you could enlarge the addons list space, which is a little narrow for me, beacuse I'd like categorize all kinds of addons in ArmA 2 folder, such as: Units\USA\@TF86_Naval_Seals.... Islands\ArmA2\@Panthera

Weapons\Rifles\@RobertHammer....so the syntax is not short, part of them cannot be shown, also if the addons list space could be freely adjusted, that would be fine. If can't, I just hope you could give a larger one in the next update.

Anyway, very appreciate this great tool.