Sign in to follow this  
LJF

PvP - Where do I find it?

Anth, please report bugs in the A2 CIT.

Addon use it not an option for you?

They aren't bugs there working as intended.

Addon no chance has to be eithier bis made like say how they have the option to turn off head bobbing maybe you could turn on ofp anims or summit similar.

Yup. Thats why CTF/CQB fails. Not talking advantages of the possibilities available.

Edited by kju

Bit of a crappy generalisation there i must say!

Its down to the creator of the missions/map as to use addons or not, i know i certainly do!

Saying CTf fails is a bit silly, its just that some servers prefer to run maps with no addons at all. i know pretty much all leagues follow that line purely to stop people from cheating, but as far as public servers go, anything goes pretty much.

Once the tools are available and more addons are created/ported into ARMA2 there will be maps CTF or not using them.

It is not about addons for new units or such.

Simple gameplay tweaks. I have provided them for A1 already,

yet the CQB community wasn't willing to allow them or even try to get them establish.

So it died.

While A2 is far better animation wise, Anth brought up a several good points A2 is

still lacking. These could be rather easily tweaked or fixed by the community itself.

And to explain it once more - these are all client side addons.

If a server admin would allow it, people with or without can play.

Of course you better use gameplay improving tweaks.

So it is again down to the CQB community and the server admins.

We will see if A2 will get a strong CQB community or if it will die again rather quickly.

Anyone who wants to build up their xfire or steam friends list with people who prefer PvP, feel free to add me.

Its not that I wouldent use addons if it made it better its the fact that you cant get everyone to use the addons so I will be sitting on a server with my better addon but no can play with me cause they have no clue where to get it. They dont read forums and frankly half of the community does not even know how to do it when they get the addon.

Client side addons are not required - they are optional.

For those who read your MOTD on connect offer a Yoma Addon Snyc server.

Makes getting addons downloaded, sorted and updating a child's play.

Yeah, I think I'll give those groups a try, though it all depends on my ping.

There will be mini cups at ClanBase next year in January: CB AAS + ACE2. :)

A bit of a necro on an older comment but... sorry to say but such things as bad animations should not be left to the community to fix. The answer to all is not 'make an addon about it'. Yes IS NICE to have that option, but stock game should be just fine.

Anyway I play pvp too, but more tvt because I don't find much sense on DM/CTF maps (AAS is nice tho), and yes I hope there are more ACE2 pvp/tvt servers, because coop is boring (I would enjoy hard coop with single life or few revives and realistic missions, but I'm not in a clan so...).

A bit of a necro on an older comment but... sorry to say but such things as bad animations should not be left to the community to fix. The answer to all is not 'make an addon about it'. Yes IS NICE to have that option, but stock game should be just fine.

Anyway I play pvp too, but more tvt because I don't find much sense on DM/CTF maps (AAS is nice tho), and yes I hope there are more ACE2 pvp/tvt servers, because coop is boring (I would enjoy hard coop with single life or few revives and realistic missions, but I'm not in a clan so...).

Indeed, I was mainly referring to PvP in a general sort of way, I'd much rather play a more realistic mode than DM or CTF too.

Coop is awesome, because of teamplay and teamspeak/ventrillo whatever.

teamplay, getting things done with your team by communicating, not because of the fast CS like action .

If you're playing coop on a server with no teamspeak you may as well not be playing as well .

Who says coop is the only way to have teamwork? Just because it's harder to communicate when you actually have human enemies on the other side working on killing you, rather than AI that wait for you to make your plans/decisions/etc, does not mean you can't.

Tactical Gamer runs PvP missions sometimes. It's pretty fun since everything is coordinated unlike pure PvP servers that don't even have VOIP enabled.

Who says coop is the only way to have teamwork? Just because it's harder to communicate when you actually have human enemies on the other side working on killing you, rather than AI that wait for you to make your plans/decisions/etc, does not mean you can't.

It's even more challenging than coop vs ai. AI always act the same way. When bullets pass theis head they go to prone in the open. A human player would run for it and try to reach cover while running making evasive moves.

Imo playing vs humans shows if a team truly can teamplay.

Coop may as well be a "controlled environment". In PvP you must be constantly aware and prepared to face any kind of attack.

well for one thing, there usually is not TS in pvp . I don't know any PVP server that also has a TS or vent server . Voip is usually disabled to.

Also i find the pvp servers usually just a frag fest . I play on DAO berzerk mostly.

This 'tactical gamer' server , where is it based ?

well for one thing, there usually is not TS in pvp . I don't know any PVP server that also has a TS or vent server . Voip is usually disabled to.

I haven't seen much cooperation in public Evolution games either. I know at least one pvp server (UNA) that advertises its comms and public games are mostly for relaxation anyway, the real stuff happens in clan wars.

Also i find the pvp servers usually just a frag fest . I play on DAO berzerk mostly.

Frag fest is a very subjective term that could mean anything. It's obvious that you have to kill other players effectively to make it possible to achieve your objective and they will kill you the best they can to achieve theirs.

Hi alll

Zeus run PvP about one third at the moment as there is a lot of testing of Zeus AI going off.

Normaly Zeus runs about 50:50 Coop and PvP.

DAO run the Berzerk server which is PvP.

Most other communities run a mix of Coop and PvP.

Attack and Defend is the prefered PvP in ArmA.

Kind Regards walker

The URC has a 24/7 PVP Survival server which has Attack & Defend (Siege), TDM, TDM Survival (only get 3 lives per player), DM, and more. I say 24/7 PVP, however, the only time we run coop is if we are training to learn a map terrain & tactics with one of our PVP missions. We make our own missions and the PVP games are small to medium sized in nature. We try to focus the gameplay on the CODs, Ghost recons, etc. We like to run the mserver in survival mode with 3rd person off along with some other settings. A&D and TDM Survival has limited lives which goes along with the theme of the server, lol.

For a part of today the set rotation is 6 Attack & Defend (Attack Training missions) where you get to go through the A&D Siege missions with other players, learn the terrain, fight 32 AI and try to capture the Siege Area. 6 different layout designs, same gameplay objective. These are training missions which help you become familar with the layout and terrain so that when we have around 10+ players you will feel comfortable gaming. They are also to benefit team members when we compete against other groups. The training missions are setup as 16 player coop, but they come very close to replicating the stealthyness you need when you hop on with others in the PVP versions. Also many times when an admin is on and there are a few players in the training missions, they will switch it over to the PVP so that you get to experience the full effect. Good maps, good games.

We also have 2 other servers which run 24/7 ACE Warfare, but since your query is on PVP there you go bud.

Edited by Tom_Anger

Berzerk to PvP is somewhat like domination is to coop. They're both designed so that it's playable with no teamwork at all and still work alright, and that's why so many people actually play them - they can actually hop on a server and play without worrying about pretty much anything. If you're looking for teamplay I wouldn't join any public domination nor berzerk server. Heck I probably wouldn't join any public server, but if I did join a public server in search of something more challenging than spawn->teleport/travel->shoot->die->respawn it wouldn't be a server running one of those missions.