Sign in to follow this  
BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases Editorupgrade

The CZ names depend on the displayname=TAG_ + p3Dname method i've used which brings some advantages in some circumstances i used before.

Also i can see the point with the p3d-names ... i've should take some time to reflect my decision ... above all the point that the 3DE can't be used in ArmA2 some things would be more complicated.

But first i manage the editor setable enlighted streetlights and the minor fixes ;)

Hi Lester, wonderful work!

Most important:

Will there be versions of buildings, walls, poles etc. included that DO NOT use the slope of the ground but rather stay vertical?

Less important:

Will there be "buildkit" objects available (like planks, piles, steps, plates etc.) ?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by poolpunk
?

Look better :rolleyes:

Addon: EU (Editor Upgrade)

Author: Lester

Version: 1.00

Required: V1.02+

yes but what's "V1.02+"?

It's the ArmA 2 version required ( minimun )

above all the point that the 3DE can't be used in ArmA2 some things would be more complicated.

Ah that's sad :( I really liked the 3DE in ArmA I although you couldn't place active units.

Will there be versions of buildings, walls, poles etc. included that DO NOT use the slope of the ground but rather stay vertical?
Yes, but you can also force that manually via the objectinit ;) :
this setdir direction this;

Will there be "buildkit" objects available (like planks, piles, steps, plates etc.) ?
Not in the light enhanced fixed version, i think about an optional object package.

This may sound a bit barefaced, but has anyone created an overview with screenshots of all the unlocked objects like they did for the vanilla ones at www.armatechsquad.com (preferably in html, like they did and not a huge pdf)?

AFAIK not ... and i'm thinking and thinking about a better use of the things in the Editor.

I've sorted all objects in a category in a myself defined row by class apperance for a best use with a 3DE, but at this point i've hoped that Silola can bring the 3DE 100% functionally in ArmA2. :rolleyes:

If you can see this sorting, many things would be become more clear. ;)

But in the normal Editor all entrys are sorted by name, so only one method is left to bring the Objects in the correct row ... i've must add a prefix like a 3digit number at the Object display names.

By this method i can also add additional objects into the sorting ... but the questions are:

Would this thing required ?

What think users about it ?

I won't place many hours in a work wouldn't bring anyone ahead, and other Projects have to wait for it. :confused:

AFAIK not ... and i'm thinking and thinking about a better use of the things in the Editor.

I've sorted all objects in a category in a myself defined row by class apperance for a best use with a 3DE, but at this point i've hoped that Silola can bring the 3DE 100% functionally in ArmA2. :rolleyes:

If you can see this sorting, many things would be become more clear. ;)

But in the normal Editor all entrys are sorted by name, so only one method is left to bring the Objects in the correct row ... i've must add a prefix like a 3digit number at the Object display names.

By this method i can also add additional objects into the sorting ... but the questions are:

Would this thing required ?

What think users about it ?

I won't place many hours in a work wouldn't bring anyone ahead, and other Projects have to wait for it. :confused:

Hey Lester, how about the signs? Specificully, the billboards?

They don't seem to want to display my own signs, yet, I can take something like the stock checkpoint sign and it shows up fine there.

I've tried various sizes for my pictures

128x128

256x256

512x512

and they do not seem to load. should they be even larger?

Sorry for delaying, i've forget some 'small things' in my time schedule like my brand new PC and my dad's 73th birthday. :rolleyes:

My Dad's birthday is done and my new PC is nearly 100% installed, only some adjustments in the moding tools are left to feel complete fine. ;)

Then it's time to go on !

@Genpatton043

I've haven't a look at the BIS Billboards and Signs actually but i would wonder me if they are designed to change the pictures of it.

This would require to place the objects into the editor and that seems not BIS object strategy of island placed objects. :rolleyes:

To change the pictures of objects them some specific properties have to set in the objects and outside, it's possible to make such things in a EU expansion pack i've planned, but that takes also more time i've can spend actually.

HI lester thank you for your addon

I miss the grass cutter I need it to build runway with texture in both sharani united and chernarus

what can you tell me about grass cutter?

I've patched the config of editorupdated 102 and I've find grass cutter but I use it with CAA1, It would be nice if I find a working editor update "native" for arma II that allow me to cut grass where I want place runway or road texture...

;)

love this update, but I have having an issue. If I use any of the road pieces or rail pieces, they always conform to the ground under them. No amount of setpos or attachto seems to change this. Has anyone figured out a way to manipulate these objects in the verticle? I am afraid there is some hardcode that forces them to the ground

Hi zombi is not an issue,

work as intended, the road & runway texture follow the ground aspect to build in plain you need to place in plain.

My problem is when placing in plain the clutter / grass are over the texture

I've modded the editor upgrade 102 from arma1 and I can use the old grass cutter to remove the grass from the road/runway texture

But I use it with CAA1, It would be nice if I can remove the old editor upgrade and use the new one with grass cutter tool.

seeya

What does this add that the other addon does not? I'd rather build my missions without addon dependancies wherever possible, but if this adds objects that I would actually want to use that I can't use in any other ways then I'd actually try to get the people I play with to start using it so I can make missions with it...

Specifically, can the S Fortress_01 and S Fortress_02 be spawned without this addon?

Hello ,i was reading this thread and about the thing that every player needs this upgrade on his pc.

My question:Is it not possible to put it into the finished pbo file ,so everyone who downloads the map from the server has it automatically running over the pbo??

Maybe this could be a solution for this problem..

This adds class names for objects that didn't previously have class names therefore afaik it cannot be done without an actual addon. There was another addon like this which was only needed by the mission maker, but of course it only included objects that actually have a class name already and just added them to the editor, and did not add a lot of other objects that this addon adds.

Still waiting to see an OA version of this though...

Hi there.

I m working a new gamemode in the Editor(using RTE and MAP_EU)-working along VERY nice-

"I" and my whole team saw the "looks" difference of a "mission area" filled with RL objects

(like Roads/plants/signs etc..) compared with a "DRY mission area" with 10 random houses

and 5 vehicle wrecks (as usual) :/

For now..i don't want to create a mission with addon dependency-so i was

wondering:

" Is there ANY way at all..(maybe with a 'custom config' packed inside missionXX.pbo) to use 'roads',or at least one category of them?? i.e. asf1 series

I can see the asf-names and .p3d's on addons/roads2 but i can't use them :/

I also tried to add "roads2" under needed_addons in SQM and rename the MAP_asf1xxx with many ways.."

If there is ANY way ..please help me. :(

Edited by GiorgyGR

I think it's not possible to create objects that don't have a class name, which is why this addon becomes a dependency (it creates new classes) - Unlike the "other one" which only modifies the editor to allow placing objects that already have class names. At least that's how I understand it.

Of course I'm still hoping someone with the know-hows makes something like this to include OA objects as well.