Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

3Dsmax ArmA2 modding toolset

looking good. I am looking forward to be able to do all the mod related work (or as much as possible), only using 3dmax

Could you put in some kind of support for setting up the Unwrap and exporting a second UV for light maps?. Also, displaying the light map (UV2) multiplied over the diffuse/normal, etc.. (UV1) in the view port render would be a great addition to the tool.

You certainly know your way around max, maybe you could help out with this problem?:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85827

Once again, fantastic work, looking forward to the next release.

This is simply excellent work! I would not be surprised if a certain company called Bohemia Interactive doesn't adopt your 3dsmax plugin for their own use! Please continue with the polishing and if I may suggest, your "you tube" videos are great, so once you feel you are close to completion put in a few videos walking everyone through the process from start to finish.

Thank You

Its annoying that utube only supports 10min vids othervise I would have one big tut video.

This is simply excellent work! I would not be surprised if a certain company called Bohemia Interactive doesn't adopt your 3dsmax plugin for their own use! Please continue with the polishing and if I may suggest, your "you tube" videos are great, so once you feel you are close to completion put in a few videos walking everyone through the process from start to finish.

Thank You

They have their own probably. I am very doubtful that anybody actually uses O2 for a complete model setup at BI. Selections are fun, you can check them with an anim, but you need to load the anim every time you make a selection. FUN FUN FUN.

I'm glad to announce that the problems I have been having with the p3d exporter have all finally been solved. What is the working condition as of now:

- exports specified layers as LODs

- exports selection names of objects

- exports up to 8 uv channels correctly

- exports memlod correctly

Also Sytax error at dotNetControl, expected, <rollout control>

--In Line : button r

Sorry I figure out the path problem

Also Sytax error at dotNetControl, expected, <rollout control>

--In Line : button r

this error indicates that you are using a version of max < 9 which is not supported.

have you planned to release a new version ? because i prefer wait for a new version than use the current one , and i think i should not keep waiting if you wont release a new version

Yes a new version is gonna be out soon. Just figuring out the material editor and then its on its way.

Presenting the demonstration and tutorial series for the upcoming release. Lots of new things to play with, lots of bugs fixed and many things improved. Some things to expect and demoed in the vids:

- Material editor that doubles as a viewport shader for preview. Rvmats generated automatically on export of p3d.

- LOD system

- Overhauled model.cfg generator

- and of course the first ever p3d export from max.

Here goes the vids. They comprise a small project from start to finish:

1. Tut 1 - Setup

Q6L4Bbe1w48

2. Tut 2 - Texture

6KOawrKXrzs

3. Tut 3 - Selection Names

Ln7jnOYz4Eo

4. Tut 4 - LODs

rxXEXARedl4

5. Tut 5 - Memory LODs

zd_i2TFF-so

6. Tut 6 - Materials

0Q_zzniF8tQ

7. Tut 7 - Model.cfg

EjjI0Q797h0

8. Tut 8 - Exporting

5WhxBUxNENI

Saty tubed ;)

update the vids into first post , polish the post and i will sticky it

btw gj :)

first page updated :) and a new version is released :):) !!! :

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION: http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/ArmAToolBox_1.1.rar

INSTALL: http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/install.html

READ DETAILED DOCUMENTATION WITH VIDEOS: http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/docu.html

enjoy!

Got a syntax error when trying to open the toolkit in 3ds:

button addLOD "A" pos:[8,264] width:24 height:24 toolTip:"Add a new LOD." images:#("armaToolBoxSnsTools.bmp", undefined, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3)

Got a syntax error when trying to open the toolkit in 3ds:

button addLOD "A" pos:[8,264] width:24 height:24 toolTip:"Add a new LOD." images:#("armaToolBoxSnsTools.bmp", undefined, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3)

can you be more specific? full error? version of max?

Yep, thats the problem, only versions 9 and up are supported :( nothing I can do about it. But you have to understand, version 7 came out what 8-9 years ago :)?

lol cool beans ;)

That'll be the problem then, I thought it would be.

Thanks for the update tho!

Great work :D

Your a genius... Amazing work SA! Makes me want to learn this after seeing the tuts. :)

Alex

Nice work, new stuff really helps, less steps to do in O2 in order to make the addon work in game. No problems spotted so far on 3ds max 2010 x64.

Excellent!

Worked perfectly with an up to date version of 3Ds Max.

I'm meant to be working on Cfg's today but I guess ill play around with this instead lol.