Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

3Dsmax ArmA2 modding toolset

wow...i don't know how i was able to miss this thread until now. Brilliant work mate!

Just a quick question, is there any part of the toolkit that allows you to work out the rotational/translation percentage or degrees (min/max) for the model.cfg ?

Well indirectly. You set two memory points and then u assign them as the axis for a part. This moves the pivot of the object right between these points (just as it would be in game) now rotating in the local coord system you can try out how far ur part can rotate. Make a note of it and put it in the model.cfg generator :)

Looking forward to see it on my PC :-)

Great Job

@Soul

"Haste gut gemacht !"

I really can't wait to use it , it will save me so much time and make me even more motivated to make addons and to work again on my ArmA 1 mod to export it and finish it on ArmA 2 !!! :yay: Thank you very much Soul_Assassin for working on this tool

hey u make a maya 2008 toolset any chance :D:D

Ive just moved over to 3dmax from BIS o2 toolset, i will indeed be following this thread and hopefully using this great toolset you have delivered, good work Soul_Assassin!

Next on the feature list is the material editor and the rtm module. But for these things we await more info from BIS.

Big news :)

For the last week Ive been coding a p3d exporter for 3dsmax (read: work in max and then save as p3d and open in o2, there will be no o2->max component).

Features:

- possibility to export a model with any ammout of LODs (to be determined how this will be set up, most likely using the max layer system)

- export supports both tri's and quads. This was a hard one as max does not automatically sort vertices in the correct fashion (the functions were not designed for that), complex functions had to be setup to take care of that so you dont get any inverted polies etc.

- saves texture and rvmat assignments. this will be linked up to the material editor.

- saves object names as selection names (no more 10 character restriction by 3ds format.

- uses the right coordinate system (swapped y-z) so what you see in max is what u get in o2, no more mirroring after import.

Future possible developments:

- a vertex based selection naming system (more like O2) as opposed to max's object based.

- any ideas welcome

BUt have a look at the video:

Kvt3OjJu7_o

You are THE man!!! :yay: this is truly excellent! Saving texture & Rvmat assignment alongside the P3D export is just a godsend! Amazing work, truly amazing! Can see a month or so from now O2 will be entirely obsolete in the export process!!

Literally been checking the 2 threads twice or more per day waiting for some news lol! Fantastic stuff mate!

Awsome

MAX Layers are a very nice way to replicate the LOD system indeed.

if you pull this off, you will be my personal hero.

This might actually increase the quality and numbers of addons while reducing the timeframe for creating one.

nice job altogether. Looking forward for the update.

Big news :)

Future possible developments:

- a vertex based selection naming system (more like O2) as opposed to max's object based.

- any ideas welcome

Again big thanks for putting those wishes on your 'to do' list. Again with this p3d export ability.. you are doing a wonderful job and well appreciated inside the ArmA community. Can't wait to see the upcoming release soul.

Keep up the wonderful and great work!

Thanks for the kind words guys...but what do you mean IF I pull this off? Its already pulled off :) just need to polish it :D

Hi all I am new to modding this game, but I modded BF-2 so I have a question:

With this tool, will it be possible to do all the 3d work in 3ds max, without messing with the Oxygen at all?

AFfafaw

awEFADa

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And you did it just in the way I was thinking of doing it. Max layers!

A demonstration of working LOD system which will later be hooked up to the p3d exporter.

NOTE: before anyone starts asking about the soldier, I exported every lod seperately with the O2 3ds export then imported them onto different layers.

2PbIUyFtxgU