Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

3Dsmax ArmA2 modding toolset

Again there has been a misunderstanding, I am NOT making a Blender toolbox, someone else is, I was just advising. No plans for Modo atm.

If you export materials, all objects must have a directx shader applied. One or more of your objects have a Standard material applied to it.

hello, they excuse to ask this, can be that this responding before, but as I handle myself with translator online, it is difficult to me to follow everything: S

1) my question is the following one: I have several houses and walls done in 3dmax. soon to arrive and to use it in A2 to that format I must pass the objects?

2) the other is the textures, if I put textures to him in 3dmax, takes them to A2? or I must put textures to him in another program?

greetings and thanks

Hi Minimalaco,

1) You can export your objects either through 3dsmax function (3ds) of through the p3d export included in this toolbox. When you export a p3d, you have to make sure all your models have 4 sided polygons.

2) you can texture in 3dsmax, but to make sure you get your texture in to O2 you have to make sure you use a "Superhader" in the material editor like I have shown in the movie, export in p3d and choose "Materials" and "Textures" in the export dialog.

When you export a p3d, you have to make sure all your models have 4 sided polygons.

Why only quads?

Why only quads?

sorry meant to say quads and tris. No n>4 sided polies. Cant be bothered to write a triangulation function :P

How can I assign DX Shader material to polygon selection of my model ? I made building with few textures assigned on various selections of polygons (all are with UVW coordinates with UVW channels).

If you assign different materials to different poligon selections you will end up with a Multi-Material, which is not supported by the exporter. If you want to have multiple materials on the same mesh you have to do it manually: as export with just one, then copy and modify that rvmat to make the other rvmats, reapply them in O2.

I'm sorry for the second post but I found perfect way to export model with perfect textures coords with names from mat library (later change with mass texture rename tool in O2). Just read info about my model down here:

- All objects converted to editable mesh

- All modifiers collapsed (just editable mesh)

- Scale set using Soul_Assassins tool

- Only standard/multisub materials

Just export to .OBJ with the settings that you can see in the image below:

objexport.jpg

Make sure ALL settings are same as mine. Remember about scale setting.

Then you go to O2, import -> obj file and set the scale to 1,0 (leave Invert x/y/z and leave angle). When you have your model imported, select everything and press W to flip all faces and then you can just rename your textures. This is some info for people who are still having problems with exporting their models. I found this way after 2 days of messing arround with 3ds max :mad: The best is to find the fastest way to make add-ons :) I hope it will help you, ArmA2 artists :)

Does anyone have a nameset for a linebacker or tunguska type vehicle ?

(even bradley will do ).

These are the files found in : x:\3dsMax\Scripts\ArmAToolBox\modules\NameSets

I'm having difficulty following you tutorials Soul, you move too fast :)

Hey quick question: I have a completly textured vehicle in 3DS Max. Can I export it somehow to O2 WITH the textures intact?

They are just a basic layer, no bump maps etc., its basically OFP-niveau.

EDIT: DAMN IT, it gives me the "Mesh operation on a Non-mesh object" error.

I dont understand, when I export it to .3ds and then Import the .3ds file via Oxygen, I get my model but the textures are lost.

But when I use the Toolset the textures would work but the model doesnt.:-(

Edited by Bullock

I simply thought there would be more ongoing discussion and/or replies to questions.

Thank god for this tool lol. Was going crazy over getting the animations to work. Only thing is exporting as .3ds doesn't export the memory point I guess, so just gotta make like a very small box where they are for the axes.

You can save yourself some trouble if you want to export in 3ds. Export ur geometry in 3ds. Then start the p3d exporter and just select the memory lod by itself and you get the p3d file only with the mem points :). justcopy paste them into your final p3d :)

That works, thanks :D

The fact I was exporting in 3ds instead of p3d is because I get some strange error when trying to export it all. It does in fact export, but O2 can't open it. I tried reinstalling but that didn't do it, figure it's something with my model, I'm sure I have a few n-gons in there somewhere that is probably causing it. You can't see it but it highlights the line of code pointed to, if that's any significance:

Capture-3.png

JDog -- I too am having the same issue with Runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh :Box

Did anyone ever shed any light on this error. Also having troubles with getting textures into O2.

I haven't tried in a while but tomorrow I will see if I can get it to work, I just got in the habit of exporting geometry as .3ds.

Hi all,

I start by saying i love the 3ds max plugin.

The one thing i'm struggling with is that when you have a model with more then 1 uv map, making the shadow map is a bit weird.

I hope somebody understands what i'm on about here.

If i have a model with 2 uv maps, so i seperated different parts of the model to be able to texture it better and with higher quality.

How do i now make a ambiant shadow map of this model, it seems the ambiant shadow map will be created from only 1 uv map.

I'm not really familiar with all the correct names for all, but i still hope u understand what i'm on about.

So how do i create different shadow maps for the different material uv texture thingy part.

fck, i dont know how to explain it better, i presume that somebody who works with the plugin will undertand.

Hopefully some solutions are brought up :)

Thanks upfront,

Allie

U mean you have two different model parts each with their own uvs or one model with two uvsets (i.e. uv channels?)