Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

3Dsmax ArmA2 modding toolset

Hi there,

I ment 2 uv "channels" on 1 model.

1 house, inside and outside different uv map.

Maybe i'm just asking stupid questions, but i'm just starting with this O2 addon making.

Since i'm using 3ds max also for other business, i was more home in max then in O2, so the plugin for max was super great, but making model for arma is totally new for me, i do have some experiance in visitor, making islands.

The thing is, that 1 uv for a quite complex house, gives me to little detail for all the parts in a 2048X2048 texture.

I hope you guys can give me the next hint to get going again. :)

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Alphons

Edit:

This is my problem:

http://yfrog.com/49ambiantshadowj

Later,

Allie

Edited by Alliexx

sorry no. Max is missing some fundamental features that have been built specifically for O2 and are necessary for complex game engine stuff. In essence it is possible to expand 3dsmax to a point but it would take too much time and effort that I dont have.

Soul_Assassin, what about proxyes for vehicles?!

this does not seem to work for 3ds max 2012.. any idea how to throw er in there real fast ? lol really want this..like a kid in a candy store

Ive been using it with 2012 x64 exclusively since it was brought out. Works fine. It would be very strange if it didnt work. Maxscript has always been forward compatible. If some functions become old they are stilled kept. What errors you get? Do you follow the instructions fully?

Is there any reason when i go to see my tectures that they show up inside the model??? lol nvere seen that before and em i doing something wrong?

Is there any reason when i go to see my tectures that they show up inside the model??? lol nvere seen that before and em i doing something wrong?

your polygons are inverted.

Got it :) thank you kind sir

Edited by Doofy

yeah i was tinkering around and found flip normals ....Soul_Assassin if i had a couple questions one day that hast to do with a character model can i drop you a pm..? it hast to do with a error when i try uploading it to 02..i believe it hast to do with the not having the site or weapon "LODS" or em i thinking of something diffrent ..the triangles that tells were the gun and everything else are ..

Hi, sorry if anyone has asked this previously, why do i get this error --Runtime error: can't load button images: bitmap: "C;\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds max 2010\scripts\ArmAToolBox\armaToolBox2.bmp" I am running 3ds max 2012 on windows 7 64 bit

did you install it properly.? The first post has a video explaining, step by step the process (which is faily easy if you don't rush it...)

Yeah i followed the steps very carefully, i am thinking of re downloading just incase there was an error while downloading

Thanks for the update:

It now saves if I dont choose "materials and textures". But when opening in Oxygen 2, it says " unable to load file".

Really confused now.

However, if I choose "save materials and textures"

I get the following:

function readTextureFilePath mtl num=
(
	bmp = mtl.geteffectbitmap num
	BmpFileName = bmp.filename
	BmpFileNameRel = pathConfig.removePathTopParent BmpFileName
	return BmpFileNameRel
),

Just wondering if anyone figured out what the code means becouse im getting the same code.

zafadadynamic

That has nothing to do with Soul Assassin's Toolbox. Use the search function, and if you do not find what you're looking for, then perhaps contact T_D.

Hi, sorry if anyone has asked this previously, why do i get this error --Runtime error: can't load button images: bitmap: "C;\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds max 2010\scripts\ArmAToolBox\armaToolBox2.bmp" I am running 3ds max 2012 on windows 7 64 bit

Hi I am using 3ds max 2015 and 2014 ... i had a work around. It seems like the path is hardcoded.

I copied the armatoolbox content into the folder where it is looking for it ...

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\scripts\

There i moved the hole armatoolbox...