Sign in to follow this  
comarsky

Modules Official Documentation Links

Is there any documentatiion for parameters on the town construction module for OA? just wondering if you can adjust size of area covered to make bigger towns? - have tried placing a few near eachother which works to an extent but there are gaps, any help from BI would be appreciated.

The Wiki fails to tell you where to actually type the parameters though, something I have never been able to work out in any of the modules.

any docu on the environment effects?

I am looking over the modules_e pbo content, and i can't find additional info about it..Is it merged with the weather effects now?

maybe i am getting to old for this..

Does anybody know how the new OA modules "colours" and "effects" are working? thx for help.

Edited by AAD10 Pete

Colors will be desaturated during the night.? I thought the engine itself caused desaturation of dark nonlit surfaces at night. Ref previous beta fix. Does this artificially desaturate more, or what's the deal here?

The method Environment - Effects use to determine day or night is not good as long as it doesn't take into account island latitude. If used on Thirsk (way up north in Finland) you may not get good results. I.e. a bluenight effect will clash badly as they have midsummer sun (sun never sets, it just touches the horizon in the north at 0:00 before rising again). A better approach for this would be getting the suns actual altitude.

Btw, the .fsm's are not accessible from that location unless you register.

Desaturation was from a comment by the module maker.

Registering is free. ;)

There don’t seem to be many comments about the warFare Module...or am i missing them?

What i want to know is how do i get the players to re spawn near the MHQ?

And is it possible to switch the units and vehicles for one side to be, for instance, the Isla Duala Army units?

Also to switch the defending units to be the rebels from that same addon?

Sorry if this is simple and has been answered, I'm still a bit of a novice with these things.

Jeez, I too just went to have a dabble about with the editor and create a Warfare for Zargabad. But I inevitably got stuck and went looking for help with how to use this module. So I find this page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_Editor_Modules and it has every module except Warfare explained!! Typical. :confused_o:

Basically I have it working but respawn does not work. Myself and AI just respawn as a crow. :confused: Anyone know where there is some documentation or tutorial for this Module?

Jeez, I too just went to have a dabble about with the editor and create a Warfare for Zargabad. But I inevitably got stuck and went looking for help with how to use this module. So I find this page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_Editor_Modules and it has every module except Warfare explained!! Typical. :confused_o:

Basically I have it working but respawn does not work. Myself and AI just respawn as a crow. :confused: Anyone know where there is some documentation or tutorial for this Module?

You need to create a description.sqf file that reads;

respawn=3

i think you then need to place two markers on the map one called WestBase and another called EastBase

Players will then spawn at those locations.

Edited by stegman

Battlefield clearance.. shouldnt i be able to put a body in the backseat of a vehicle? :confused: .

Battlefield clearance.. shouldnt i be able to put a body in the backseat of a vehicle? :confused: .

no AFAIK

dont think so mate.

..actually, i think you can take bodies out of a car...i think.

..maybe not.

I dont know, ignore me.

You can take out, but not put in. With ACE you were able to put bodies in vehicles as well, well when it worked.

So, friendly is injured, medevac is in place, medical staff is waiting at the hospital but... i have to drag/carry the guy all the way uh?

What does all these mean? How do I use garbage collector in MP mission?

Where to add that text and what "Data" text means? Can I automatically remove all dead bodies with this and how? I don't understand what is written in Wiki...:(

Yes I very much would like to get the garbage collector to work too as I like to create large battles. What I found in the wiki is almost nothing, no step by step explanation on how to get it working. I want dead bodies (not generated by SOM) to be removed after a short time and at a certain distance.

The wiki seriously needs to be updated with examples and "step by step" how to. Getting fat up that basically nothing works without written command lines and scripts and the very limited info that can be found and if there is info it is techie info mostly.

Yes I very much would like to get the garbage collector to work too as I like to create large battles. What I found in the wiki is almost nothing, no step by step explanation on how to get it working. I want dead bodies (not generated by SOM) to be removed after a short time and at a certain distance.

The wiki seriously needs to be updated with examples and "step by step" how to. Getting fat up that basically nothing works without written command lines and scripts and the very limited info that can be found and if there is info it is techie info mostly.

i wonder if it has to be synced with everything that you want collected..?

Im gonna try that out.

The wiki may not have much info about GC, but the reason is that there isn't much to add to it. You can't really customize the behaviour of the module.

What it does:

Checks it's queue for dead units every 10 seconds and deletes them if player's group is not too close (< 500m).

It also clearly states in wiki how to use it:

a = [unit] execVM "ca\modules\garbage_collector\data\scripts\trashIt.sqf"

Where unit is a unit to be added to the queue of units to check for death. There is no synchronization or other kind of magic needed.

However, I wouldn't bet on it working perfectly on dedicated servers as it uses "group player" based checking for the range check. And as we all know, player is null on dedi. :/

Simple Support Module:

How can I get further information about this module and its possibilities than the short information about it in the wiki?

Just read the wiki, but I need further information...

thx for help

Simple Support Module:

How can I get further information about this module and its possibilities than the short information about it in the wiki?

Just read the wiki, but I need further information...

thx for help

Do the same thing I did. Break open the module, read the scripts and put the information in the wiki. What more information were you looking for?