Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

Would be for me to if I could get more then 13-25 Fps. How many Fps are you getting? I am just curious since you say the game is perfect.

20/40 fps.

with

c2d e6400

2Go ram

HD3850 512Mo

XP Sp3

1280*1024 75hz, all settings in normal, viewdistance : 1600m. It's more beautiful than Arma, and I got the same game overall speed.

BUT : just can't play because of this ******* sweet receiving issue :O

I'm an old BIS game player, so I don't ask for more fps, I know I don't need more. Just need a more stable memory management, I presume...

I picked "Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth "

I had issues with this game for nearly 2 weeks now.

I ended up upgrading my rig and tweaking the hell out of the game and video settings and I finally got it to run halfway decent.

I found that most issues pop up on the large 64 man servers while smaller servers run great.

Still some slight issues with jerkiness and low fps, but overall it's running pretty well for me.

I voted as "Given up will never buy BIS products again"

I'm tired of the same performance problems that still exists in OPF, ARMA1 and ARMA2. I'm really an old fan, which always tried to convince the friend to give a try in these BIS's games... but as I said... I'm tired and I gave up.

I won't buy ARMA2 and will leave all future games, because it needs tons of tunning to make it at least enjoyable and playable.

Other facts I think BIS missed in ARMA2, but was okay in OPF are:

- All vehicles should have an interier designed instead of that generic dirt window which we saw in some vehicles inside the driver position.

- I was expecting better animations when reloading the weapons.

Well... many other things...

Good luck BIS...

The game has made my computer go wild... i cant play... it crashes with so many bugs... and my system specs are above normal... i cant do anything about it too... Other than that... the first 2 days of playing were fun... and i have had this game for 2 weeks... and i haven't been able to play it once... it is soo buggy. I hate it.

I love the concept behind the game, but the execution falls flat on it's face.

I've got a monster rig (in sig) and still can't play without hiccups on high settings (let alone very high). For me it's one of those games where graphics are definitely an integral part of the game play and immersion.

I love ArmA2, but unfortunately, I will think twice next time before I buy any product from BIS in the future.

Same opinion here. Or buy it when the ACE mod team have released their beta mod. I think ArmA is best played online with a squad.

Same opinion here. Or buy it when the ACE mod team have released their beta mod. I think ArmA is best played online with a squad.

You will not. You will buy it again hoping that this time they did it right.

Bought it but I should have been wiser since I also bought Arma I which I didn't played long. The controls / the feeling when shooting, drving, flying just ain't good. Escpecially driving vehicles is a complete joke IMO.

And this whole game just feels like the old arma but with nicer graphics and so on.

It doesn't feel like a new game!

The gameplay just isn't there and I like realism but it isn't that realistic either when driving or flying. Landing with a jet feels so unrealistic! The cockpits look very basic and ugly, you can't read your compass etc often since the lighting/sun is making it black. I also think many hand weapons look ugly, especially the AK-47 and it's hard to see in distance, the enemy ai doesn't have this problem it seems (although they often are slow, but I guess they did this, otherwise the fun to play gets erased even more). 3d models look ok but they get ugly fast when they get further away, I guess this is done to keep fps in order.

The weapon sounds also could be better, although this can be solved with mods.

They should look at Red Orchestra how infantry and vehicles can be fun to use.

/end rant

Edited by soldaat12

I only play it for the warfare multiplayer modes. They in themselves are amazing and can keep me entertained for the next couple of years. Just as long as they keep supporting it!

The rest probably went straight back to the shop -LOL. I cannot belive you went to them sites and counted them -Lmao. Maybe they stopped selling them once they realised the game has had a big price drop since it's launch.

Ok, I shouldn't have used the secondhand sales on ebay and amazon as a guide to how well the game is doing. I guess what I should of done is ask someone to count the number of complaints in these forums instead - Do feel free to do this if you feel up to such a task.

When I get a steady frame rate of no less then 35Fps I will be a happy bunny. I played this game last night and got just 13-24 Fps and that's with all the tweaks on here that people have suggested. Seriously, if this game drops anymore frame rates then it will be like looking at a photo album.

I was bored and already on amazon looking for bad santa when I flipped between here and there.:D

If I counted the number of complaints on here it would fall into the same categories as above, except 70% of the major complainers would only be like the same 7-10 who post continually about how bad the game is day in and day out so that they can be heard. Doesn't anyone work at work anymore :confused:

Really, it's only 40$ not 40,000. It's like paying for a meal at a good restaurant and then having the runs 5 hrs later and you were the only one it happened to, not the others who ate the same meal at your table. It sucks:mad:

I've really had no problems with BIS games except the usual bugs that always occur (textures and lod problems) All 3 games have been extremely stable MP wise for me (knock on wood). I wish I could say the same about GRAW1&2, R6V1&2, CODWAW, I could go on. Even my friends whom I play with don't encounter CTD's and mouse lag or recieving issues.

I feel bad for the people that want to really play but can't, because when the game runs good it's great.

Oh I voted for the "extremely awesome game" only because I haven't experienced the major bugs preventing some from playing it.

Edited by rowdied
spelling, the heat here is casuing letters to be missed or misused

I have had couple of ctd's and multiplayer has laged and dropped out on me a few times. Don't know how the AI will behave with my plans in the editor, (Herd helicopters are still the same, but haven't tried for myself yet.) But overall, very happy with the game. Thanks BI.

I have no idea what this game is like, because its generally unplayable. While on the multiplayer side I get around 10 FPS when in the vicinity of any city or town on ANY resolution or view distance. Im currently running a GTX 295 so its pretty damn frustrating.

Loving the game. Disapointed with problems. Will continue to support BIS as they continue to support me (and the game)

I'm a big fan of ArmaII, no game will ever be able to compete with its massive details. I gave up on the campaign, it is too confusing and vague, started playing the scenarios which i like but the villages lack enemy presence and hardly any intense battles but i still have high hopes for this game.

I enjoy the game, I've had it for a few days now since it was released here in the U.S.

I've run into minor graphical issues with rendering but that's about it. Overall I love the game and I'm hooked again with multiplayer :D

I've been playing BIS games since OFP was first released and this game is annoying the heck out of me. I just want to get past the manhattan mission without having to constantly restart due to either helo crashing/shaftoe dieing (how can that happen if hes in a base surrounded by marines)/or the LAV either never arriving or I couldnt call it through the command menu. If this could be fixed alongside the super marksmen ai then the game would be enjoyable.

I'm EXTREMELY interested in this game, and I have VERY high hopes for it...

That being said, I haven't purchased it yet...I'm waiting to see how the next patch or two are received by the community. I'm hoping bugs are ironed out, AI bugs and scripting/trigger bugs first, performance as well if it can be optimized further.

I promise BI, I will buy ArmA 2, but only if critical bugs are resolved!

Actually, it's more like going out with a beautiful girl that doesn't know how to function properly in a relationship and has know idea what she's doing in bed.

I had high hopes for this but it has really let me down and I will definitely not be investing in future BIS products when newly released. So far I have spent at least 5x more time tweaking, adjusting graphics settings, testing and reading these damn forums for bug workarounds than I have actually playing the game. And that's not even counting the restarts because some ingame trigger hasn't gone off or the AI has run someone over.

She may be pretty and have potential, but there is only one thing to do with a dis-functional relationship that doesn't respond to counseling.:mad:

Completely happy since OF, with AA1 and AA2.

Though I didn't invest too much in the rig - see below.

BI - games, especially crcti-ones, have been exciting like hell and four hours and hours, whether done 1 vs 1 or 20 vs 20 ...

And not to mention their openess for scripting gamers.

It's a web2.0-culture-game at it's best: users deliver content.

I think this thread is mostly run by troubleshooting-gamers and not by those I meet in the evenings online.

But don't get me wrong: Errors have to be dealt with! And they do ... since 2001 ... that's also a good reason to love them! ;-)))

crCTI is not made by BIS. BIS employed the community member Mike Melvin to do warfare which is based on the generic idea of MFCTI. crCTI is a version of MFCTI made by Cleanrock.

Mmm ... I never said that crcti was made by BI.:confused:

But that it's one mission I love best.:)

But thanx for the background information.

I was always wondering indeed where Mike Melvin has gone ...

Offtopic: But what I don't like on warfare is the unreal easy respawn in towns.

The problems in this game are absolutely ridiculous. This is unacceptable.

BIS should have post-poned this game another month or two to polish it out.

It's a great idea and I am in love with the game. The producers should have hired better or at least more programmers though...