Sign in to follow this  
walker

ArmA II Game Of The Year Nomination?

Do you think ArmA II should be nominated for Game Of The Year?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think ArmA II should be nominated for Game Of The Year?

• YES ArmA II should be nominated for Game Of The Year
    • NO ArmA II should not be nominated for Game Of The Year

the whole infrastructure, base, and potential of ARMA2 can not be beat by any game every made, hell OFP still beats most games in the pure potential and depth of all the possibilities.

the problem with ARMA2 (ARMA and OFP also) is the execution, particularly in the multiplayer arena. I don't blame OFP because when that was out latency and bandwidth for most people did not allow large scale combat. Nowadays there is no excuse.

If BIS just concentrated on multiplayer (scripting and wasting time for such an open game like this for single player makes no sense and seems to go against the flow of what this game is meant for) they would make game of the year no problem.

Battlefield 2 although a extremely highly simplified example of this makes perfect sense. The basic mechanics of the game do not allow for good single player but amazing and addicting multiplayer. ARMA is very similar in this respect. I would be fine if this game has NO singleplayer and instead non stop mutliplayer, either in the way of human vs. human or just persistent co-op on large scale servers...hell I would even pay a monthly fee to support the payment of these high performance servers.

If they concentrated on optimizing their netcode and allowed a more seamless entry into multiplayer matches, and even hosted their own high performance large player servers, it would be huge. It makes me so dissapointed when I see the potential of this game go to huge wastes when it is easy to see what this game could be.

Potential of the GOTY for sure, but the choices that BIS has made in concentrating on single player instead of multiplayer they block themselves from realizing the amazing potential of this game.

ARMA2 has made huge improvements in the smoothness of control in the game, but the game is also just a little too clunky and the interface still too outdated to be a contender as well.

I'll keep buying BIS and ARMA series games in hopes that this potential eventually get realized...maybe even in a later patch overhaul :)

I don't know if anyone agrees with me on this, but I love the game none the less.

it wont be GOTY people.. cause it's not as popular as the other games. Sure it's better then a lot of the others but OpF 2 has more chance cause it's created by "CodeMasters" and not a lot of gamers know Bohemia.. so there. On tv never saw a preview/review of ArmA 2 but OpF2, Gametrailers, ign, etc don't make any video reviews/preview of ArmA but they do or will of OpF2 it's just like IL2 Sturmovik sure it's a hell of a lot better then say Blazing Angels but BA gets all the attention..

you don't play much, do you? :confused: how about these: Empire - Total War, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Anno 1404, the upcoming Call of Juarez 2, DIRT 2, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age, Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, Call of Duty 6, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5?

ArmA 2 won't even come close to most of these for a variety of reasons. if you can't see that from a mile away you need to 'play moar'. ;)

How can you judge some games that have not been released yet, being a "call of duty" doesn't make you automatically be a good game, heh.

Well, there are also many reasons which make you choose a game over another one and every game has its pros and cons.

ArmA II with the patch 1.0258134 is in my judgement, in position to compete with the rest of these games.

The Huge potential of its possibilities and its almost 'inexistant' limits represent what makes this game so unique.

You can mod it like you want, you can use its engine as you want, you can do whatever you want it with it.

This doesn't mean that it serves only as a Modding Platform, since BIS dedication in carrying out the campaign and the missions is not that invisible, at least not as with ArmA I.

Regards,

TB

Ordinarily not, but there is nothing more deserving then ArmA2 this year.

you don't play much, do you? :confused: how about these: Empire - Total War, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Anno 1404, the upcoming Call of Juarez 2, DIRT 2, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age, Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, Call of Duty 6, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5?

ArmA 2 won't even come close to most of these for a variety of reasons. if you can't see that from a mile away you need to 'play moar'. ;)

And Final Fantasy XIII is coming too.

Plus it was realy hard to find a shop here in Sweden that sell it.

in my oppinion, ArmAII has got what it takes to be the GOTY, but as many of you have already stated, it just cannot compete with those big name titles whos first day sales will probably overwhelm ArmAII total sales.

ArmAII is not the game for every one, and that alone will probably deny it that prize

But if Arma does end up nabbing the title then Ill do a little dance ;)

WOW why do you guys hate MW 2 just because its THAT good and IT WILL be game of the year thats just sad for all of you relize this game is Not gonna be GOTY to be GOTy it has to be FUN as in ACtion packed...this is not unless you make it with editor. you guys make it sound like cod4 is for NEWbs and is for casual gamers their is a HARDCORE MODE where theirs absolutley NO HUd and 1 shot equals death THis game is nothing liek that and the bugs are GOD awful i have a team filled with x ray and eagle vision they spot a unkown man that was BEHIND the HILL 500m away . i like this game but it just is not what i wanted i wanted fun and i got some fun not like cod4 which i can say is still one of my fav games it has everything you want great maps and great mp. and just so you guys know i bet if you bought this on console you might be happier yes the business in this world are Jerks and only make the game bug free or nearly when its on console pc they always go WELL just make it a little playable we have months to fix it. in overal NO not GOTY

WOW why do you guys hate MW 2 just because its THAT good and IT WILL be game of the year thats just sad for all of you relize this game is Not gonna be GOTY to be GOTy it has to be FUN as in ACtion packed...this is not unless you make it with editor. you guys make it sound like cod4 is for NEWbs and is for casual gamers their is a HARDCORE MODE where theirs absolutley NO HUd and 1 shot equals death THis game is nothing liek that and the bugs are GOD awful i have a team filled with x ray and eagle vision they spot a unkown man that was BEHIND the HILL 500m away . i like this game but it just is not what i wanted i wanted fun and i got some fun not like cod4 which i can say is still one of my fav games it has everything you want great maps and great mp. and just so you guys know i bet if you bought this on console you might be happier yes the business in this world are Jerks and only make the game bug free or nearly when its on console pc they always go WELL just make it a little playable we have months to fix it. in overal NO not GOTY

Dear god, what the f**k am I reading?!!:eek:

OMFG http://raoworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/double-facepalm.jpg

Clean up all the bugs, make the campaign fully playable, and tighten up the MP and yeah, it's that good of a game.

Until then, No.

WOW why do you guys hate MW 2 just because its THAT good and IT WILL be game of the year... ...i wanted fun and i got some fun not like cod4 which i can say is still one of my fav games it has everything you want...

Thank you moisesjns, best LOL I've had all day!

If BIS is working on performance issues and fixing all bugs - ArmA II will be a candidate for the "Game of the Year" Award.

Hope they all got enough motivation, strong nerves and team spirit to solve the problems. Would be very nice if ArmA II from BIS will be on par with their first GotY game - Operation Flashpoint. :)

In my opinion this is the game of the century.

With some updates and with time it will be better then OFP. ;)

YES YES YES!!!

but I think that nobody is going to name it, because those who name usually look at aestetics such as bugs, physics, voice acting, but also slow gameplay (which most reviewers hate)!

Seriously? You are comparing 'The Beano' to 'War and Peace.'