Sign in to follow this  
Sniperdoc

FOR B.I. Please read

Hello,

I just checked all texts in game and there is no 'Corpseman' there - only correct term 'Corpsman'. Where exactly you saw it?

Voices should also contain 'Coreman' version only. It was even re-recorded after we found out that voice actors are saying 'Corpsman' instead.

Language is rules of agreement beetween people who use it, as is law. There is no problem to me seing spelling mistakes as long as we understand it is the same thing you can easily understand: inglesh taxt whore avery songle werd hove arrors ks logn teh syntox us szme.

and I can't remember which boot camp mission where maneuver is mispelled

In proper english it's spelled "manoeuvre", and it's coming from a french word spelled exactly the same. "maneuver" is a common US misspelling/simplification. So they had it right.

As for Corpsman, I swear Team Razor says "KORMAN"...

Please research what you're making a game about. Simple things like this and the major audio issues this game has really ruined the gamplay for me. I'm on the 3rd mission, and I've already stopped playing because the immersion is crap. The sound effects of bullets or whatever, that "tac... tac tac tac" sound is still there since the OFP days. Get rid of it. There's nothing that makes sounds like that.

About the only thing that was improved and was awesome in ARMA 2 was graphics. That's it. Otherwise the game has terrible immersion.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this

Personally, I'd wait until someone makes newer sound mods. Yes I know VOP has been released but I'm not a fan. Sorry. However, Sniperdoc does make a valid point.

The sound effects of bullets or whatever, that "tac... tac tac tac" sound is still there since the OFP days. Get rid of it. There's nothing that makes sounds like that.

I think this is the sound your talking about, this link was posted somewhere else on this forum in same context.

Here's another:

and a even better one in the last video(nice video btw):

http://dslyecxi.com/bf2_supersonic.html

Edited by JW Custom

There are several issues I have with some basic things in the Arma 2:

When the audio prompts in the game request the Corpsman... it's CORPS... pronounced COREman... not corpseman, like dead corpses. Why do I know this...because I was a CORPSMAN for STA Platoon (or in layman's terms, Sniper Platoon). Why is it Corpsman? Because he is a part of the Hospital Corps.

Several abbreviations in the game or acronyms are just asinine. It's not M.O.U.T., it's read Mout as a word, not the individual letters.

Please research what you're making a game about. Simple things like this and the major audio issues this game has really ruined the gamplay for me. I'm on the 3rd mission, and I've already stopped playing because the immersion is crap. The sound effects of bullets or whatever, that "tac... tac tac tac" sound is still there since the OFP days. Get rid of it. There's nothing that makes sounds like that.

About the only thing that was improved and was awesome in ARMA 2 was graphics. That's it. Otherwise the game has terrible immersion.

I think you make some valid points. I don't understand why people seem to be attacking you.

I also noticed the incorrect pronunciation. I feel that the voice acting in the game is mixed - Cooper is excellent (though clearly not black.) Some of the voice actors are very poor. I think the production of the voice acting is poor - there should always be a producer on hand when this stuff is recorded to let the voice actors know how things should be pronounced and what context a sentence is said in. It seems there was no dialogue producer for this game which led to the voice actors being in the dark. This leads to mistakes like you have mentioned.

I also feel that there is poor immersion in this game, despite the huge effort BI have made to make the game real in terms of combat. I don't feel you deserved to be attacked for making what I feel to be serious and worthwhile points.

While its true this game has many bugs that need fixing, that does not mean that immersion must suffer also. Simply adding a voice producer would have solved much of the problems that occur in the dialogue.

As for the sound of bullets, I have never been on a battlefield so won't comment.

I think this is the sound your talking about, this link was posted somewhere else on this forum in same context.

Here's another:

and a even better one in the last video(nice video btw):

http://dslyecxi.com/bf2_supersonic.html

Very impressive and definitely proves a point. THAT... sounds a bit more like comes from a rifle. Although I don't recall those sounds being on a rifle range on the target end. But, then again... that was 11 years ago.

What they have in the game just sounds too artificial and really was just confusing me as to what that sound was.

Good grief, MOUT means (Military Operations on Urban Terrain), so

MOUT or M.O.U.T. are both correct.

Talk about being anal. :rolleyes:

Planck

Lets put it this way... During my service times with STA and Regimental Recon, I have never EVER heard ANYONE ever sound out M. O. U. T. range... it was:

"We're going to the mout range today."

or

"Everyone have enough of mout today?"

or

"Damnit mout sucked!!!"

If BIS is so concerned with making the game realistic, then they should at least aspire to increase the immersion a little. Cause us military guys would rip it to shreds because it aspires to be so "realistic".

M.O.U.T and mout are both correct in a WRITTEN FORMAT!, the fullstops in between each letter shows the reader that it is not a word or a misspelling. It is the same as USA > U.S.A .

M.O.U.T and mout are both correct in a WRITTEN FORMAT!, the fullstops in between each letter shows the reader that it is not a word or a misspelling. It is the same as USA > U.S.A .

I really hate it when people post but don't read or comprehend properly, or just plain try to be a smart alec.

1. I didn't argue the WRITTEN aspect of anything, yet, in Arma 2

2. I take issue with how they SPEAK/SAY/TALK/ENUNCIATE Corpsman and MOUT along with several other things that totally ruin the immersion for a Veteran.

Why does it ruin the immersion... it means they did no research.

For example, since when has there been ANY Marine with hair on his head?! High and Tights!!! Especially Recon and when on deployment. And, if we're talking Air Wing Marines (pilots) then they have high and tights even moreso, cause they THINK they're grunts. ;) (I know... every marine is a rifleman)

Any 0311 in a grunt unit can vouch for that and I can vouch for my 8541's and any green side 8404's.

The fact that Dressler, or whoever that Lieutenant is that you first speak to at the start of the Razor Two mission, that he says "Get Some!" (the same with Miles in the bootcamp mission), shows that it's all about TRYING to make them look like Marines. In my years of USMC/USN service, I have not heard a Marine say that unless they were from the 5th Marine Regiment, and only then because it's a part of their crest/moto: Consummate Professionals/Get Some

The same with the Ooh Rah comment, that one of the Razor team members has WRITTEN in the subtitles. It's friggin' Oorah! Just like the army has "Hooah", the Navy has "Hooya", and the Air Farce, *cough* I mean Force, has... I don't even know if they have one... Hussah?

What about the British English Dressler? I know that there are some immigrants that join the US Military. But they are a rarity... at least ones with accents as heavy as that. If Dressler happens to be one of them fine... but it just doesn't sound right.

It really just ruins the atmosphere. I mean the game has its positives, I'm really kind of starting to like flying around in a chopper as a passanger and getting picked up. Really reminds me back in the good ole days. But, to me, little things like this can get really annoying as it shows no ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Something the military teaches you right from the point that you step into the bus leaving MEPS.

Just curious:

Is fast-roping and helo-casting represented in the game?

Anything else?!

Edited by Sniperdoc

My goodness....who really cares about such small details apart from usmc veterans ?

Edited by ProfTournesol
english typo

Well it's been my philosophy, that if you're going to do it, then do it right or don't do it at all. Either step up to the plate, or don't. That little gray area in between... either shows you're not committed to your work or you don't know wtf you're doing. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

And I apologize for taking pride in having been a Corpsman with STA/Recon. Guess that's a fault of mine.

Edited by Sniperdoc

tell me about your new house bro.

Better yet, get rid of Daniel Browns voice thats terrible!

I would like BIS to spent more time right now making the game preform well and get it into its GOLD build.

Well it's been my philosophy, that if you're going to do it, then do it right or don't do it at all. Either step up to the plate, or don't. That little gray area in between... either shows you're not committed to your work or you don't know wtf you're doing. That's just my thoughts on the matter..

So the world would be a better place if Operation Flashpoint / Arma never existed? Is that really what you meant?

There's pretty significant technical and gameplay flaws/omissions that have a much bigger impact on the experience and immersion, but we accept them as well. It's better than nothing, by a long shot.

If you don't want to play a game that's less than perfect, then don't play it. It'll be like it never existed, and you'll be able to live happily ever after. The rest of us can enjoy the game for what it is, flaws and all.

The game doesn't include fast-roping, there is an addon or two for it but I haven't installed it as it didn't really seem convincing enough to me.

Well... if it's such a small and insignificant thing... it shouldn't have been that hard to implement, wouldn't it? :)

I get that there are bigger problems. Small things like this can get just as aggravating though. BECAUSE of the fact that they shouldn't even have been an issue to begin with.

I can understand AI, Performance, and other issues, because they can vary from system to system. But, something that's purely based on research and proper implementation... no. That I don't get. If COD:World At War was able to give the Marines proper hair cuts, then I'd expect BIS to do just the same. COD may not be very "realistic". But, they do pay attention to the little details.

Well... if it's such a small and insignificant thing... it shouldn't have been that hard to implement, wouldn't it? :)

I get that there are bigger problems. Small things like this can get just as aggravating though. BECAUSE of the fact that they shouldn't even have been an issue to begin with.

I can understand AI, Performance, and other issues, because they can vary from system to system. But, something that's purely based on research and proper implementation... no. That I don't get. If COD:World At War was able to give the Marines proper hair cuts, then I'd expect BIS to do just the same. COD may not be very "realistic". But, they do pay attention to the little details.

Its because Marines aren't cool. A lil hair on them gives them the needed mojo for the ladys! Can only thank the game gods for NO marines in OA. Then we can have guns other than a m16... Silly navy ppl always have there panties in abunch :p

I think that more than a few graphical glitches , what about being a Lieutenant leading a squad and having some grunt (Corporal ) telling you to "move".

Talk about insubordination !!!

All in all I'd have to say that in their attempt to instill a sense of realism into the game they went way overboard and virtually destroyed the atmosphere.

Got a chopper pilot looping the "target that something or other" line all the time we were circling to land. I had to turn the volume down it was so damn annoying. Would have shot the bugger except you cant use your weapons inside a chopper.