Sign in to follow this  
Sniperdoc

FOR B.I. Please read

I think that more than a few graphical glitches , what about being a Lieutenant leading a squad and having some grunt (Corporal ) telling you to "move".

Lol, I've always thought they are talking to each other, not actually ordering the squad leader to advance. Maybe I'm just too arrogant to take it that way, I don't know. :D

When I was in the army, we worked in pairs in a squad when advancing and communicating the same way as in this game, the one that's advancing by doing a quick sprint shouts "advancing" and the one further away shouts "covering". At least this was the custom in the Finnish defence forces.

I just read in the account of the actual "Black Hawk Down" operation that the bullet will crack if it goes by your head. If it doesn't but is still in audible range, it will make a whizzing sound.

I got rid of the cracking sound in Arma with a mod quite some time ago. I think the best path on this would be to forego the cracking sound and simply go with a whizzing sound, possibly louder the closer the bullet is.

Or if cracks are used, make sure not to go overboard on them. Sometimes the less realistic option can be the more preferred one. I know it sure is for me in this situation.

I just read in the account of the actual "Black Hawk Down" operation that the bullet will crack if it goes by your head. If it doesn't but is still in audible range, it will make a whizzing sound.

I've pulled targets at a rifle range and I guarantee that you can hear the rounds from guys shooting targets 50+ ft. away. They even tell you not to listen for the sound and to look at the dirt behind your target to know when your guy has fired; otherwise you'd be pulling targets that haven't been fired at yet.

If a bullet goes supersonic, it "cracks" If it's subsonic, it "whizzes" (actually more of a hiss). Distance doesn't matter unless you're far enough away that the bullet goes from super-sonic to subsonic...

There were several videos posted of this "crack" effect within this thread. The cracks in those videos are MUCH more authoritative than the "chopstick hitting a hard surface" sound they've got in Arma 2.