Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

there are some nice videos in here, especially richiespeeds one is outstanding. but what i want to ask is, how do you do these movies? i know its best to record with fraps, but how do you get rid of all hud elements, move the camera independent of your character? i googled, but couldnt find something useful using my keywords.

talking about OA

Edited by fraghetti

there are some nice videos in here, especially richiespeeds one is outstanding. but what i want to ask is, how do you do these movies? i know its best to record with fraps, but how do you get rid of all hud elements, move the camera independent of your character? i googled, but couldnt find something useful using my keywords.

talking about OA

you might want to start with the basics.

In the editor:

In any unit's initialization field you have to type this:

this exec"camera.sqs";

then click on preview.

You'll have yourself a controlable camera..to remove the white cross in the center just push 'L' on your keyboard.

Hey guys,

I have a new fully and properly edited video to present to you.

It is called Through Their Eyes, and although it doesn't have too much of a context or story, like most of my other videos it displays a message and in it I attempt to show what war is like through the eyes of the soldiers, or, well, in ArmA 2 at least :p. Anyway I hope you enjoy the action and happy gaming!

H_41u9dQuI8

Well done @Litos, it's a real trailer for OA.

@Litos ....now THATS what I call back to your usual standard! Excellent work.

@Litos - I've lost my balls after watching your stuff...

What container (mp4, avi etc) and what codec’s are you using for audio/video for uploading to youtube???

Also what bit rates are you encoding at?

I find youtube utterly crap at converting anything I upload, they take a perfectly smooth 1280x720 @ 30fps vids and turn it into a slide show almost as if they remove every other frame :rolleyes:

I can even encode files into lots of different formats so they are smaller than what you download from youtube yet they play as smoothly as the originals and look batter than what you get you tube :confused:

I always use 1280x720 wmv, the audio is 192kbps. I have to be honest but if you don't watch in HD I don't think you'll get the same kick out of the video - I actually noticed that in lower quality the whole video seems slower and not as fast paced. I mean it's alright, but watching it on my computer in whole size is such a different effect. I was even thinking of letting people download this one.

Anyway thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked it! If everything goes as planned, I'm hoping to bring you something really interesting and different from what I've made before by the end of the summer. Cheers ;)

Mmm

I use to upload wmv and played around with v7, v8, v9, v9ap (CBR & VBR) and found v8 VBR had the best results BUT it always felt jerky when played back on you tube at any size though its still like every other frame was missing even when the player was paused so it downloaded the file and I know its not its not the player because other peoples vids are ok when I plat them, d’oh

Is there is some odd correlation between the audio track bit rate vs. compression/sampling of the video stream, I.e. 192kbps audio stream causes less compression of the same video stream than >96kbps <128kbps audio streams would, i will have to test this out :rolleyes:

Some more videos-

Playing the Free Embassy mission:

MTHnvoaurNg

Hunting one of my clanmates:

dOIunjd0jNg

Damn Litos, that was probably my favorite video from you. Absolutely awesome! :D

Thanks! I need to make myself a new signature, heheh.

Thanks! I need to make myself a new signature, heheh.

About time. Dont get mistaken, you might only get short comments for your videos, but I guess you are well aware of the applause we give when watching this.

So here is my short tiny applause from Berlin. If you have a map of people you realy damn entertained for a few minutes then now please put a flag right into the heart of Germany. ;)

Haha, thanks mate. That was probably the most creative comment I've ever gotten :p

ORC ArmA 2 Arrowhead - RC1 (Reality Campaign One) Teaser Footage

http://blog.operationreality.org

http://operationreality.org

Watch in HD 720p!

The PMC's of ORC operate in all kinds of missions.

In this little scenario OOS (Omega) was deployed to stop a weapons dealer from bringing weapons across the border into to Takistan.

You will see such scenarios role played and come to life in full multiplayer environment in our upcoming ORC PMC campaign RC1 (Reality Campaign One).

Please visit our website and sign up on our forums if you're interested in joining or being a part.

http://operationreality.org

ORC - "Accept no substitutes!"

8h5iOQUxrJE&hd=1

Edited by sarge4267

Yet more footage. Took me all night to upload (I have a rather... disappointing internet connection) but finally it's all there. This is one of our earlier missions but I only recently had time to go through the footage. This mission was one of the first times we actually used a command element + fireteams and support in seperate groups setup and enforced more or less proper comms but all in all it goes smooth enough. Only one fatal casualty.

Part 1, "Sultansafe"

2a6EwJMN7t4

Part 2, "The Valley"

Squro6d8WOo

Part 3, Huzrutimam Approach"

C3mGEO7sdFU

Part 4, "Entering Huzrutimam"

E_I18E_B8xM

Part 5, "Clearing Huzrutimam"

CBkmQ8xm53c

The editing is nothing fancy, I only have Live Movie Maker to work with. Soon, though, I hope to get AfterEffects so I can actually do some more quality stuff. :) A better internet connection would make life even easier.

The editing is nothing fancy, I only have Live Movie Maker to work with. Soon, though, I hope to get AfterEffects so I can actually do some more quality stuff. :) A better internet connection would make life even easier.

You do realize that AfterEffects isn't going to help you with anything?

AfterEffects is for high quality post processing special effects. If you want to do better video editing, get a program actually made for that stuff, such as Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas.

Just sayin'... You're the second person in a day that I've seen assume that AE is going to help one with video editing :p (I mean it does, but only for post production stuff).

You do realize that AfterEffects isn't going to help you with anything?

AfterEffects is for high quality post processing special effects. If you want to do better video editing, get a program actually made for that stuff, such as Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas.

Just sayin'... You're the second person in a day that I've seen assume that AE is going to help one with video editing :p (I mean it does, but only for post production stuff).

You just made my life a less happy place to be at. :(

I'll try one of those other things instead and keep AE for making it fancy... Until that time, it'll all be simply Windows Live Movie Maker. Woe on me. ;)