Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

You just made my life a less happy place to be at. :(

I'll try one of those other things instead and keep AE for making it fancy... Until that time, it'll all be simply Windows Live Movie Maker. Woe on me. ;)

No dude, lol, actually, it should make you happier.

Both Vegas and Premier are much easier to learn and use.

They're designed specifically for what you're trying to do. I think anything you'd typically use AE for (color adjustment, etc) can be done in Vegas, its the more uber advanced stuff that only AE can do, and you'd rarely need any of that done.

Trust me, get Vegas (it's what I use), it'll make you happy :p

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Made using Cyberlink PowerDirector :cool:

did you use AttachTo for that inside of cockpit view?

Also how do you actually attach the camera using AttachTo? The best I could figure out was how to attach a unit, and kind of use that as a camera... though it was limited.

I use the Original Sound Track from Arma 2 for this video, I hope this is not against copyright

XEvf3o8TMkU

Jihad Arma style.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJRc_V3FhA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJRc_V3FhA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by orbit101

did you use AttachTo for that inside of cockpit view?

Also how do you actually attach the camera using AttachTo? The best I could figure out was how to attach a unit, and kind of use that as a camera... though it was limited.

I used a unit and alot of trial and error :) Being able to move the head independantly of the body is a gods send though :D

qdzpZ9gGbhA

Figured out why my Fraps was recording at low FPS. Made this quick vid just to demonstrate an Apache attack and mess around with some filters etc.

It would very helpfull somebody can post the settings for the best quality video for YT, or different settings for HQ and HD. Resolution, codecs used and settings, like Bit Rate, sound codec, etc

I dont have a good internet upload speed, in fact it sucks, (32Kb/s upload speed) and a video of 5 min in HD takes like 2 hours or more to complete :( . So, I have to make a medium quality video so the size of the file does not be too big.

For eg. in this video, I use MainConcept AVC/AAC MP4 codec. resolution 854x480 (480p HQ in YT) Bit rate 4000-2000, sound 96kbps 22.000Hz

And the file size for 4:30 min is 64.7 Mb (it takes to me 40 min to upload, I hate this internet. I used to have 600kb/s upload, but I change the Internet provider)

Q12lpXnluNM

It would very helpfull somebody can post the settings for the best quality video for YT, or different settings for HQ and HD. Resolution, codecs used and settings, like Bit Rate, sound codec, etc

I dont have a good internet upload speed, in fact it sucks, (32Kb/s upload speed) and a video of 5 min in HD takes like 2 hours or more to complete :( . So, I have to make a medium quality video so the size of the file does not be too big.

For eg. in this video, I use MainConcept AVC/AAC MP4 codec. resolution 854x480 (480p HQ in YT) Bit rate 4000-2000, sound 96kbps 22.000Hz

And the file size for 4:30 min is 64.7 Mb (it takes to me 40 min to upload, I hate this internet. I used to have 600kb/s upload, but I change the Internet provider)

SpetS, could you please be so kind to add details to the corresponding mission/map and relevant addons in use. (just like anyone else should do damnit! :mad: :D (just like in the PhotoThread). Fantastic Coop Video BTW and great team.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

SpetS, could you please be so kind to add details to the corresponding mission/map and relevant addons in use. (just like anyone else should do damnit! :mad: :D (just like in the PhotoThread). Fantastic Coop Video BTW and great team.

that would be good too. I only use a sound addon (ACEX_SM or EliasSound) sometimes ACE2

@SpetS15

What program did you use to encode your video?

I've always had trouble finding a good codec to retain quality and keep file size down for upload purposes. For example, for my video at the top of the page I used a program called SUPER to convert my original footage to H.264 @ 1000Kbps. That brought the 4:20 clip at 960x540 res to 200Mb. Quality is pretty decent except for a little artifacting going on with the gradients in the sky etc. Your video seemed to have very nice quality for only weighing in at 64Mb!

-Tank

I use Sony Vegas with K-Lite codecs, dont remember if the MP4 codecs comes with Klite pack

Here is some coop Available in 720p

a-s9CzMD358

s72AV5vo2CA

EAjlFLiXPhs

Edited by sofmisf

PeCrBgrjmQs

Hole In Ozone, Proof, caught on camera...
Notice the clouds escaping through the hole? Edited by Wildgoose

SPETS, I would just make the video high quality and upload to YT overnight or whenever you sleep. ;)

you (I) spend a considerable amount of time making a project, it might as well reflect your best effort.

TANKCOMMANDER, I enjoyed watching it

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Onlinegameplay Thursday Night 08-05-2010 Armed-Assault.de Stammtisch Server Picture Vid.

odznEetRTJU

Edited by Moerderhoschi

@Wildgoose- I saw something similar to that the other day online. There was a crashed apache on fire but instead of it being on fire, the entire hill side it was on was on fire and flames were going like 100 meters into the air. It was really odd.

i made a quick pic video with some epic music lol

its alright nothing special lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIU4wULPiAQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIU4wULPiAQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I like this song, so I made a video with it :p

Valentine - composed by Ondřej Matějka

j9OJT51xC8w

ArmA Next Door - Episode 2

6Hv61tdlk-s

I obviously forgot to post it here...

ArmA Next Door - Episode 2

I obviously forgot to post it here...

haha this was nice!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fju7sL1gd20&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fju7sL1gd20&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AAR Video shot during early stages of CQB training.. I say early :p Edited by DaveP

Watch in HD 720p!

Z7yxWVz3Mx4

Edited by Bob.Dob