Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

I obviously forgot to post it here...

:eek: that was awesome!

Aerial Engagement of F-16 against 2 SU-34's. Sony Vegas Effects and real combat pilot chatter. Enjoy.

Looking for a mature, realism gaming community.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9cN3xDNE8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9cN3xDNE8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Great video ranger!

Some of my vids:

FcOPtkR32Jw

WCONJ87I1Jo

zYsxJ0v_2j8

Nice Vids ryguy!

This one I made a while back, its long, but should stir some emotions.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmmN7Iuj9pE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmmN7Iuj9pE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Are the sons of Valor series being posted here?

They are truly epic and awesome as I keep posting in the comments, but are being let down by minor details overlooked, such as sound levels where you cant make out the narration for the music and such.

Polish the small details and these will be (already are) the best Arma 2 machinima's made.

Some more videos, of us finally tackling Rasman:

Part 1, Entering and Pushing Through

xxBI6NRto_U

Part 2, Moving in for the Kill, and Hunting a BMP-2

0Oeh_8Ern88

Part 3, The Killing Blow, and a Flying Frenzy

xE3MnXgHjEI

EDIT: And some Autorotation training

LVNhza_3CCg

Edited by Von_Lipwig

Tropica island + British + RKSL + UKF :p

Insertion, extraction and data for the earth soldiers.

TjRVkW_slbY

someguywho, I dont think that was up to your usual standards.

The camera angles were a little meh, though I did like the use of slow mo, especially with the sound.

Nice Vids ryguy!

This one I made a while back, its long, but should stir some emotions.

Nice video mate. Good structure. The scene transitions would have been better on fade.

Hey guys, can someone explain me how to use attachTo with the camera? I know how to use it with units but I don't understand how I can attach a camera to something. Because from what I know I have to initiate it first, but then what? Make a trigger that says camera attachTo blah blah or something? I have no clue what to call it (the way that player is called player, or a particular unit can be named anything you want, I don't know what camera is, is it camera, or cam, or..?)

Yeah I need some help on this. Thanks in advance.

You actually script it using a loop while the camera is in a position relative to the unit.

uTSb217fBf4

His tuts are for cutscene scripting with external scripts. Isn't there a way to simply use the attachTo command somehow?

I'm not completely sure it would work with attachto unless you actually had a unit... camera.sqs isn't really a unit :\

Um.

But the camera you create with camcreate IS a unit - of a kind. So just try adding a _Camera attachTo [player, [0, 2, 0]]; in your cutscene script and see if it works :)

Although this is for the editing forum, obviously...

Regards,

Wolfrug

9NCx0X6_X20

a lil sumfin sumfin (WIP) from my next coop mission.
(contains reverse engineered OA voice samples :eek:)

Um.

But the camera you create with camcreate IS a unit - of a kind. So just try adding a _Camera attachTo [player, [0, 2, 0]]; in your cutscene script and see if it works :)

Although this is for the editing forum, obviously...

Regards,

Wolfrug

Thanks. One thing though, see I'm not trying to make a cutscene, the way I work is my initiating a live camera and live controlling it. I was hoping, though, that with attachTo, when I initiate it, it'd be attached to whatever object I set it to, and I'll only be able to look around but not manipulate its' position.

I could use norrins' script but it wont let me do what I want because it only attached around the central pivot point of an object, rather than any position, so yeah.

Lol. When I saw the title I was like "eh, havnt we had enough of the dancing" but it wasnt what I expected.

That was a very nice waltz indeed, very pretty!

Small teaser of a new mission.

Hope you enjoy the video.

fdeIeai_r9A

7ar35OAsRgo

C918rC1C6MQ

bdIiuxW2yn8

9-JRBm19T6w