Sign in to follow this  
ARGold

ARMA 2 Adult content

Should Adult Content be allowed in ARMA 2?  

813 members have voted

1. 1. Should Adult Content be allowed in ARMA 2?

• Yes: If there were Adult Content, I would download it.
    • Ok: I would not use it but it coud be available for others.
    • No Opinion.
    • No.

The above post is good.

I for one couldn't give a rats about adult content

If its your thing stick to FO and the adult content, Fo is good at setting seedy scenes so it seems in context.

If you still crave it do as the post above says or just become a security guard and spend some years working night shift. Before long you'll be sick of it, but realize as an adult you stilll have many more years to deal with it.

If you find a way to make it work in the context of a story, well and good, but ArmA for me has always been more about the team play.

guys like you should be in an asylum.

+1 man

And this should also go for Marc Shepard for saying

If you want fucking adult content, sign in the Marines/Military.

Maybe we choose to play games to shoot people for fun and not kill them IRL??

Its just a game. Graphic content etc should be allowed in all games so it will seem more realistic. Anyone who is not old enough should consult the PEGI (which I think is retarded). Who doesn't play violent games? If you shooot someone in the head in a game explodes or not does it make any difference? The thing that changes is the simulation the act is the same.

Edited by Avgeris

What will you do with ArmA2 Adult Content?

You'll look under the women's skirts while taking heavy fire?

Masturbate?

So, does anyone wants Adult Content anymore?

Yes,we do.

What will you do with ArmA2 Adult Content?

You'll look under the women's skirts while taking heavy fire?

Usually there is non-combat moments in missions,so what's better way to kill time than visit a hooker?

I say make what you want to. There are plenty of people playing the Chernarus Life mods, I've no doubt people would like to secretly perv given the stunning graphics this game provides. Who knows, maybe some of the milder content will wind up being used in more mainstream missions , like finding a dingy brothel in a small village connected to a crime ring responsible for acts of terrorism, could be a source of intel if not mood setting.

Ironic to see people who get their rocks off shooting people in the face calling someone sick for suggesting nudity.

This kind of stuff always raises controversy. Although if used tactically, i can see it providing an interesting twist on the gameplay. There were plenty of adult content mods for Oblivion and even Fallout 3. Oblivion specifically, nudity mods just served to make the game slightly more gritty and less childish. What's wrong with stealing a slain babe's armour and getting some boobs while you're at it. Gaming is for recreation and enjoyment in the long run. Man up and admit you like tits for crying out loud.

Man up and admit you like tits for crying out loud.

Its not a matter of disliking tits. Its a matter of spending less time on pr0n mods and more time, I dunno, trying to maybe acquire a girlfriend.

Chicks love guys who are into creating computer generated naked chicks and then using them in war simulators ;)

No but really, do whatever. I just think with soooo much potential people shouldn't waste their talent. :confused_o:

Why does everything in your life revolve around getting a girlfriend? Is that your single most important aspect in life? That is the most ridiculous and constantly repeated argument i've seen. Why is that the reason behind every point someone makes on the subject of nudity?

Why take up life drawing classes and get really good at drawing nude people? Why bother going to your local art gallery to appreciate the naked art on display? Why not just go out and requisition a girlfriend at the nearest bar right away?

Declaring that someone should forgo a little eye-candy in their game and rush out and jump into a commitment is stupid.

Edited by Nosedive

Hey Dude, just trying to say there's more to life than pr0n, not saying GF's are the basis of existence. I'm trying to say lets create some serious mods that will blow peoples minds. S'all. Not trying to change peoples views or anything, wow a tad defensive what.

Edited by Grub
Self defence

(...) If you shooot someone in the head in a game explodes or not does it make any difference? The thing that changes is the simulation the act is the same.

The difference is in the gamer's head. One will enjoy to see a head blow off, another will just enjoy a nice headshot.

I don't need to see a head explode and then be able to run over the brain with my 5T truck.

IMHO that goes beyond the simple fact "players want to" or "a simulator requires that". You'll never be able to have the true feelings of war in a video game. I think it is pretty dangerous to think that more gore will make people realise how awfull war is. Cause as said before, it's a video game and there's a lot of stuff video game can't simulate (smells, remorse, pain,...)

I just think more gore will call even more gore in a endless way.

I already said that, but really, when will it be enough ? Once you'll get the exploding heads and dismembrements you'll say "eh, it is pretty unrealistic to throw grenade at someone and see his belly stay in one part. For sake of realism I want guts ! I want stomach bile ! I want human cell !... Don't forget games will become photo realistic before you can say ArmA III !

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against violence in video games. I've played a lot of most violent games on the market (manhunt, shellshock, GTA, Doom,...) but when I think about it this violence brought me nothing. My favorite game and my most incredible gaming experience is ArmA, without any gore.

And I have to admit I'm a bit concern about people who wants more and more gore, but I guess it is more of a society issue than a particular video game issue.

We would need a good WWIII over our western countries so people might fully realise what war is. And how traumatising experience it can be.

But I'm all for the nudity content :D

Edited by Macadam Cow

Hey Dude, just trying to say there's more to life than pr0n, not saying GF's are the basis of existence. I'm trying to say lets create some serious mods that will blow peoples minds. S'all. Not trying to change peoples views or anything, wow a tad defensive what.

Not particularly, you have to remember that there is a level of expression in text that can never truly convey someone's mood, so to assume i was being overly defensive is a doomed assumption. I was merely presenting a strong argument.

The difference is in the gamer's head. One will enjoy to see a head blow off, another will just enjoy a nice headshot.

I don't need to see a head explode and then be able to run over the brain with my 5T truck.

IMHO that goes beyond the simple fact "players want to" or "a simulator requires that". You'll never be able to have the true feelings of war in a video game. I think it is pretty dangerous to think that more gore will make people realise how awfull war is. Cause as said before, it's a video game and there's a lot of stuff video game can't simulate (smells, remorse, pain,...)

I just think more gore will call even more gore in a endless way.

I already said that, but really, when will it be enough ? Once you'll get the exploding heads and dismembrements you'll say "eh, it is pretty unrealistic to throw grenade at someone and see his belly stay in one part. For sake of realism I want guts ! I want stomach bile ! I want human cell !... Don't forget games will become photo realistic before you can say ArmA III !

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against violence in video games. I've played a lot of most violent games on the market (manhunt, shellshock, GTA, Doom,...) but when I think about it this violence brought me nothing. My favorite game and my most incredible gaming experience is ArmA, without any gore.

And I have to admit I'm a bit concern about people who wants more and more gore, but I guess it is more of a society issue than a particular video game issue.

We would need a good WWIII over our western countries so people might fully realise what war is. And how traumatising experience it can be.

But I'm all for the nudity content :D

That's a hilarious argument for someone with your screen name ;p

Nosedive haha, good thing that you didn't say this "But I'm all for the nudity content" :)))

In my opniuon i think a mild amount of gore would enhance the game... i dont see it necisary to have it so that gut's n all hang out but simple disfigurment will make both combat photogrpahy and ingame aftermaths more realistic and the game will in turn become more enjoyable and playble.

Befire anyoen says it i dont "get off" on gore or anything liek that but in my honest opinion when someone gets hit with an RPG or a 105mm their body really shouldnt just become slightly bloodied and fly off alogn the floor. It really reduces the fujn in the game for me.

If your a sniper or just a squadie the current situation is pretty good if your using your equipment at appropriate ranges but working in tanks or with artillery just seems unrealistic to mee if you can't ahve some gore.

That's a hilarious argument for someone with your screen name ;p

As paradoxical as my avatar ;)

My previous nickname (on SWAT4) was...Mickey Mouse...so you know...:D

Well, take the 'intended rape victim'-scene in the first mission of the campaign. Turning that into a fulfilled and finished rape scene has its place in ArmA2 as far as I'm concerned, both for war crimes and for the police-style of missions.

I do personally not see the need for any functional intercourse of any kind, but I can't see why nudity doesn't have a place.

SUPERMUPPET! Perhaps we could go for . . . . disfunctional intercourse?

I must say that is a *tremendously* interesting context in which to find the term 'fulfilled' playing a role!

This thread is hilarious - great to see the philosophical weebles coming out of the woodwork all at once, each in search of 'stimulating' debate.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Well, I'm all for not censoring games any more than they censor movies (just hate it when games like manhunt 2 get censored, and not sold in retail) but I don't really think arma 2 is the game for that content. I think even gore mods, and especially nudity mods would just end up looking really stupid with the models and systems in the game. Realistic bleeding alá SLX, only better, more realistic blood and different amounts of blood from different wounds would be something I'd like to see. Wounds, especially head wounds could be more brutal too. That's pretty much it.

Not saying one would ever have to see the intercourse at all. Just the end result of it.

What you talkin about kids?

Ahh I supose its all the same,,,

Starts with a bang, someone ends up on thier back with blood every where, then the screaming starts.

Only sex is still more fun, for everyone.

Nothing better than a setting in the configuration panel:

Gore level / blood : None, Low, Medium, High, Realistic

Common guys, those who would not like it would just turn it off. Period. Put a thousand people, you will have a thousand answers. No one is right in here. The perfect setup would be to have it configurable.

It remembers me watching a documentary (I can’t remember where) of a young soldier saying how he was shocked in Irak seeing how the enemies usually refuse to die …and even full of bullets. He was saying something like: “I used to play video games where a bullet was sending the enemy down. But here, I saw men running around after getting blasted by grenades … holding their guts with one hand while still firing their pistol at you.â€

Actually I was quite surprised to see how the men keep fighting while lying on the ground wounded in Far Cry 2. For me, it was REALLY realistic.

Edited by frag
Syntax

Nothing better than a setting in the configuration panel:

Gore level / blood : None, Low, Medium, High, Realistic

A more realistic set up should be:

Blood: Disabled, Low, Medium, Realistic, High

According to a lot of peoples 'tastes' anyway.