Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Satisfaction Survey

How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Full implementation of FSAA

That's already integrated isn't it ? I can use 4xAA without any Problem, looks awesome, no edges and costs only a few FPS.

Just got to your Arma2.cfg and change FSAA from 0 to 4.

That's already integrated isn't it ? I can use 4xAA without any Problem, looks awesome, no edges and costs only a few FPS.

It disables shadows.

It disables shadows.

does low AA disable shadows - i tried it a little and it seemed to still have shadows but i might be remembering wrong.

Suma would you please look into Fixing 3D sound bug please as posted:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75235

and here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75526

and here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73881

and here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75290

and here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73380

Arma 1 and other games fine with 3D sound

But it is totally screwed in arma2

Thanks for the patch , it allows some better configuration stuff

BUT the 3D sound is a total game ruiner.

Suma dont loose heart with negative comments ( I worked in software testing for over 5 years , people can be harsh)

Edited by shadowze
To stop idiots posting about my grammer and not contributing to the thread

Fix the god damn 3D sound bug...

...Suma dont loose heart with negative comments ( I worked in software testing for over 5 years , people can be harsh)

A better world begins at yourself??

Satisfaction & improvement of UAV:

UAV stable in turns is a good step forward and satisfy us more indeed. I was happy to see you acknowledged the UAV and started working on it to make it better. :) But if you could make it able to lock vehicles/ground and also make it able to zoom more it would be much better for effectiveness & playability.

Reason for locking ground/vehicle is - try to zoom and keep the thing you monitor in screen. Quite hard. And the zoom is too low since you have to be high up when doing surveillance. As it is now it gets shot down if you want to be in a range where you can identify well enough (no recruit icons on).

Second thing is that the UAV is going nuts when spotting enemies. It starts to dive and behave on its own. I cant tell it to go higher when it has seen an enemy. So it gets shot down. Tested "set behaviour blue", didnt help. Tested with WP "Careless", didnt help. When done with UAV module i think the module itself should make it "blind" (add scripts from your side to blind it). And just follow the orders we give it regarding altitude, speed and direction.

Community is looking at making the FLIR better, but how the UAV is handled needs to be done by you guys so everyone even those that dont want mods or knows about mods can use it more efficient in battle.

PS. Not that this is an issue that needs to be adressed pronto. Im happy if it comes down the road. ;)

Thank you BIS!

Thanks for the patch.

I didn't have time to test extensively, but AI driving routines are now more like it. :) Didn't observe the AI using the buddy system (attack in pairs) yet, is it triggered by a special action, or difficulty setting?

Other than that, and it could be me, colour saturation seems to be more vivid with 1.02.:confused: and bloom being even more on the heavy side, if enabled.

Overall though i think 1.02 is quite an improvement over 1.0 and 1.01.

I would like to suggest a solution for a problem already mentioned here: the distant grass problem (if the enemy is hidden behind grass, but too distant for it to be rendered, we'll just see him prone in open and clear ground).

The solution would be to make the game engine render the grass in a X radius around any infantry unit, no matter the distance.

What do you think?

(Sorry if I'm a little bit off topic)

Edit: nevermind. People would shoot that aparently moving patch of grass :D

Joint Operations had an alright way of dealing with this. I think they sort of camouflaged the texture on the person to make it kind of look like they were obscured by grass. It made it a lot more difficult to spot someone really far away with a quick glance.

Works, looks good as far as i can see but on my HD4870 it leads to a effect that looks like the LCD is dead with many fine artifacts all over the screen and a effect that look like scanlines.

No matter if i set to anything between 1 and 4.

So i guess i need to wait on the next patch that focusses on things like this.

Great patch for me (i7 920, HD4870x2, Vista 64, 6 Go DDr3), performance is very good, no trouble ATM.

One remark : T90 muzzle flash is visible on both MG after savegame/reloading and disappears after firing.

I only play multiplayer so I can't say how it effected SP. However I can honestly say I'm not sure what the patch did. I've not seen any noticeable performance or polish.

Focus next patch more on how the game runs (gfx,FPS) and worry more about the AI later. In my book you could have made some of the worlds greatest changes but if the game is laggy and graphically glitchy I won't know.

I only play multiplayer so I can't say how it effected SP. However I can honestly say I'm not sure what the patch did. I've not seen any noticeable performance or polish.

Focus next patch more on how the game runs (gfx,FPS) and worry more about the AI later. In my book you could have made some of the worlds greatest changes but if the game is laggy and graphically glitchy I won't know.

agree!!!!!

The devs already mentioned this last patch was about bugs, not performance. Unfortunately, the campaign is still buggy(but better than before)

I am beginning to regret ordering this game. This seems like a repeat of Arma 1 :(

Am I wrong?

Why does a game get released and so many issues already? Do the games not get tested?

Not trying to make trouble just asking.

I was bitterly upset with ARMA 1 after playing OFP for many years.

Edited by craigsa

I am beginning to regret ordering this game. This seems like a repeat of Arma 1 :(

Am I wrong?

Why does a game get released and so many issues already? Do the games not get tested?

We dont know. Its a great game, and it will be with some more work.

Use more time between the patches, then we might notice difference.

Am I wrong?

no man. you are right to order it. It is already better than arma ever was. and great fun to play.

Please improve netcode!! The rubberbanding in all servers is horrible.

^^ This. Rubberbanding is a very fitting word for it. Describes the effect pretty well. :)

I have to escape to menu to get rid of blur that occurs after being in the menu, which I did not have prior to the patch.

Stuttering and crazy frame drops in certain areas. e.g. Factory at chernagorsk

E8400 @4.5ghz

gtx 285

4GB pc28500

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by jmc007

The patch lacks an exhaustive changelog ! Or is it hidden somwhere ?

It's great that we can disable the post-process effects. It would be even better if we could individually enable/disable these effects.

Other than that I didn't see much improvement, but I didn't play a lot before applying the patch.

There is definitely something wrong about retail of the game with patch 1.02. When I set everything to VERY HIGH, I am getting around 20-23 FPS, when I set everything to LOW I am getting only around 25-27 FPS - in campaign. My HDD is defragmented, no unnecessary programs running..all drivers up to date....damn. :(

@pauliess : That's because the bottleneck is not the GPU in that case. It's the scripts and AI running on the CPU in the campaign.