Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.02 Satisfaction Survey

How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. How are you satisfied with the patch 1.02 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

EricM: I and many others have the same issue. I have Q9450 and GFX285 and i getting only ~25fps. No matter what resolution or settings. I hope they get this fixed asap.

The new game build used in the demo seems to be utilizing more CPU power. Hopefully this means less CPU bottlenecking in the next patch. :)

No matter what resolution or settings.

I know. That's why i believe it's a CPU/AI/script problem, not GPU. If it was about graphics, you'd probably get better framerate with lower settings, and no specific difference between editor and campaign.

I too have lower fps in the campaign than in the editor and simple solo missions.

(Q6600 and 8800GTX).

Freetrack still does not work.

That's because it's not officially supported.

@pauliess : That's because the bottleneck is not the GPU in that case. It's the scripts and AI running on the CPU in the campaign.
Yeah, I agree with you. Hope they will fix this in the next patch because campaign is almost unplayable with such low FPS...:mad:

Well in the demo I could turn on Very High AA with other settings on Very High and 1 or 2 on High and it worked fine and I was shocked to find out the full game (patched with 1.02) has AA disabled (i can't even turn it on) and I have to bring most settings to High.

That was very disappointing.

Awesome, I just saw the updated 1.02 :)

Other than that as I have recently got the game, I can not comment on my satisfactory of 1.02 over other versions since 1.02 is the only version I have played.

Edited by masteratt

ok, i got some trouble with tripplehead 2 go support.

i got some trouble with the chat. there is it only on the left monitor and only with verysmall settings readable. and no posibility to read the own messages before sending.

with other menuesettings is no chat readable. before briefing is no chance to read something from the chat since 1.00 of arma2.

3 friends of me got these problems too with the tripplehead2go.

arma was great in 3 monitor support, so i hope it will be fixed in arma 2.

with best regards

I have the updated 1.02, Win XP, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+, 3 GB RAM, GeForce 9800 GT

Under Options -> Player Profile -> Glasses: they show up correctly at first but then turn to all white/yellow without any transparency.

AI-s walk through fences, walls, buildings.

The glow effect is pretty strong, even at Low setting. More control is needed.

Aimpoint M4 seems to be inaccurate. I can hit targets in ArmA 1 with the same weapon but in ArmA 2, I had trouble hitting the targets at the target range in the basic training mission. May be a clipping issue: it seemed several times that the bullets just went through the targets.

This is it so far. The game is beautiful and runs very well. Good job, BIS, now please start fixing problems. :)

Yay, with the new Patch 1.02.58134 the muzzle smoke in MP is fixed. Thank you BI!

"Do not care."

What's worst on my side is the bad performance even on high-end hardware.

No matter which settings I choose, I always have around 25 FPS and the picture is stopping quite often. VSync is forced off in the driver.

Intel Core i7 920

6GB OCZ 1600 8-8-8-24

Asus P6T Deluxe

XFX GTX285 XXX

Creative X-Fi Titanium

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

Vista x64 SP2

It's really annoying. The game's beautiful and the Gameplay rocks, but I can't get over 30 FPS even on the lowest settings which kills all the fun of this great simulation.

Feedback

I'm having terible LOD problems with latest patch. I have tried every tip, setting, drivers... no help

Rig is: Win xp pro 32bit, 4gb memory, Intel Q6600 @ 3,2ghz and Ati 4870 512mem.

Game is stable, but totally unplayable at moment.

Not happy at all :(

by way ii also have played full gmae on my pc thank you piratebay you saved me 50$..

Edited by Placebo

by way ii also have played full gmae on my pc thank you piratebay you saved me 50$..

Perm ban for warez use.

I'll have to say goodbye to this community - but I'll be returning here and to this game at a later point, most likely when it has reached a mature status and several more months have passed. Thank you all for the support you've given, you're a great community.

Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch. Why?

I'm going to say it one more time, then I will give up:

Mouselag because of input smoothing that we can't turn off.

The game would have twice as much buyers if BIS would realize that mouse smoothing is what makes the game suck for players who don't fly around in their hinds only.

Edited by Placebo

Leopardi no need to use such obnoxious posting methods, nobody here is blind.

The game would have twice as much buyers if BIS would realize that mouse smoothing is what makes the game suck for players who don't fly around in their hinds only.

And what you need to realise is that "mouse lag sufferers" are only a very small percentage of those people who have ArmA2, I hope you can all find ways to resolve the issue but acting like there's 100s of thousands of you out there being blatantly ignored is nonsensical.

With the Performance of the latest 1.02 patch

I had originally written the ability to get rid of those jagged edges off.. on my aging Dual core/8800 512.

However, 1.02 patch installed + latest 186.16 drivers from Nvidia (june 18th i think they came out) i've just come off a session with AA set to "high" and noticed zero to no performance loss.. which is jaw dropping.. the game is running smooth on "high" with AA.. i wouldnt have imagined it possible.

so my first post on these here forums is "Wow, BIS.. big credit to you." - Jaggy Edges really detract from the experience (for me) and now that everything is so much more defined and crisp.. well its just taken that last niggle of immersion breaking i had.

Once Again, Thankyou, congratulations on probably the best game/sim/editor/ i've ever used.

p.s not a troll or fanboi thread. (Genuinely impressed)

Yeah, the latest nvidia drivers work well for me too !

I have tried the older ones that some people suggest, but they decreased the performance and fps, so im back to the 186.16 drivers and everythings working good !

q9650 & gtx285

i believe the main reason that u have no performance loss is that cpu is responsible and the bottleneck for the low performance.

the gfx card is way more capable but the cpu limits the fps due to bad code maybe.

aa is gfx card while ai is cpu

when i play around in editor i have high fps but when i start to play with ai on it it starts getting low fps, let alone the bad performance in the citys.

p.s not a troll or fanboi thread. (Genuinely impressed)

Look I know that there are people out there who are genuinely having some problems with the game, and there most definitely are alot of things to be ironed out in the game... and I'm certainly not trying to detract from this fact by what I'm about to suggest...

I wonder if alot of this stuff you read here about ArmA2 being unconditionally unplayable even on the best rigs from countless first-time posters (those ones who only join to leave one post and never come back, probably using multiple sockpuppet accounts via proxy)... is either exaggerated attention-seeking hype, people who are greedy with their quality settings and lie about their specs... or a co-ordinated disinformation campaign...

I'm not wanting to sound needlessly conspiratorial here but it would make a lot of sense if certain people out there would be working an agenda to make the current ArmA2 situation seem far worse than it actually is. Possibly for commercial interests...

From many of the posts here one might assume that ArmA2 is a complete failure. From playing the demo myself I can see that this projected assumption (from many users here) is completely wrong.

Edited by Joseph Troska

I wonder if alot of this stuff you read here about ArmA2 being unconditionally unplayable even on the best rigs from countless first-time posters (those ones who only join to leave one post and never come back, probably using multiple sockpuppet accounts via proxy)... is either exaggerated attention-seeking hype, people who are greedy with their quality settings and lie about their specs... or a co-ordinated disinformation campaign...

I'm not wanting to sound needlessly conspiratorial here but it would make a lot of sense if certain people out there would be working an agenda to make the current ArmA2 situation seem far worse than it actually is. Possibly for commercial interests...

That's certainly not entirely impossible, but it's a fact that people with specific hardware configurations are having major problems with the game. Considering that Arma2 also seems to be selling quite well since the international release, it's only logical that the number of people experiencing these problems would magnify accordingly. Some of those people then find their way here...

Look I know that there are people out there who are genuinely having some problems with the game, and there most definitely are alot of things to be ironed out in the game... and I'm certainly not trying to detract from this fact by what I'm about to suggest...

From many of the posts here one might assume that ArmA2 is a complete failure. From playing the demo myself I can see that this projected assumption (from many users here) is completely wrong.

If you *read* my post, you might pick up on the fact that - from my own personal experience with the game, i was getting bad performance, and didnt even think about AA as a possiblity for Arma 2 (as opposed to reading baout bad performance).

This is my first browse of the forums, and i just posted to give my thanks on the improvement, i wasnt saying "this forum made me think it wouldnt run" .. it just simply.. didnt run well (untill now)