Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Holy crap! How did you get the AI ordering from barracks to work? I've been looking through the scripts and still have no idea how you worked it. What did you do may I ask?

its in the AI version of his mission.

1) Designating what is liftable by the normal lift choppers, I replaced Lift chopper 3 with a chinook and was hoping to add the capability to lift tanks (M1A2, etc...).

In i_client2.sqf

look for line d_helilift1_types =

add in relevant section what you want to lift.

But this will be liftable by all lift choppers not just ch3.

Wish I could answer your other query, being looking at that myself for a long time now and can't see the answer.

In i_client2.sqf

look for line d_helilift1_types =

add in relevant section what you want to lift.

But this will be liftable by all lift choppers not just ch3.

Wish I could answer your other query, being looking at that myself for a long time now and can't see the answer.

Thanks Bear, Oh I got my chinook(previously uh60 #3) to be have heavy lifting capabilities while the other two uh60's remained as normal lift choppers. I created a "d_helilift2_types" category which enabled lift abilities for tanks, planes, etc....then In the i-client2.sqf I edited the lines right below the d_helilift1_types section to look like this...

for "_i" from 0 to (count d_choppers - 1) do {
_elem = d_choppers select 0;
_elem set [3, d_helilift1_types];
_elem = d_choppers select 1;
_elem set [3, d_helilift1_types];
_elem = d_choppers select 2;
_elem set [3, d_helilift2_types];
};

lol damn fine and simple solution that one, when you think about it and I see that bit of code.

also, I noticed one of the options is to add another of MHQ. How do you add in a third MHQ after placing the HQ LAV in the Editor and copying in the exec stuff for MHQ2?

In essence, I want to have one MHQ at the airstrip, one of the Carrier, and one we take on the missions with us. That way we can transport between them.

its in the AI version of his mission.

No, I mean what are the scripts to get them to work in my mission. THis is the first time (other than warfare) that I've seen this work online!!!

No, I mean what are the scripts to get them to work in my mission. THis is the first time (other than warfare) that I've seen this work online!!!

Well, from just taking a look in the domination PBO one of the scripts you would need is the x_scripts/x_addsoilder.sqf file. The others commands would be in the x_setup.sqf and most likely init.sqf file.

Can u tell me plz tell me how to increase the limit of AI soldiers i can have in Domination AI? also how to increase the enemy support getting before destroying radio tower?

Edited by fidai

Can u tell me plz tell me how to increase the limit of AI soldiers i can have in Domination AI? also how to increase the enemy support getting before destroying radio tower?

Maximum AI can be adjusted in the file i_client.sqf changing the line 147 (approximately)

max_a = 8;

To whichever number you wish.

sorry i dont understand your second question..

regards./

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

here is one for xeno,

What i am trying to do and have gotten most of the way there, is to add a few extra vehicles at base that turn to wrecks when they are destroyed.

No problem adding them and having them turn to wrecks, and then being able to be lifted by the wreck chopper, and then processed by the wrecker pad,

What I am wondering mate, is where or how would I add a wreck marker to said vehicles ?

added..

uaz_ru, su34, su39, t90, t72_ru, mi24_p, mi24_v

as most of these except for the UAZ are bonus vehicles, adding them automatically qualifies them to be wrecked, and then repaired.

could you give me a clue as how to make wreck markers show up on them when the get nuked please ?

regards./

Maximum AI can be adjusted in the file i_client.sqf changing the line 147 (approximately)

max_a = 8;

To whichever number you wish.

sorry i dont understand your second question./

Thank you for the the first answer, what i meant in my second question that is it possible to increase reinforcement enemy can get till we destory the radio tower while we attacking the city?

Your aloud 147 squads on yr map so in essence you could have 147 groups of ten or 20 that covers from men to vehicles that includes enemies.

Is it in any way poss to have the map show playernames ?

I am running this on my server and i have big troubles kicking/banning

all the rotten appels who is ruining things for other players. It would help

some if i could see on map who is where.

Another thing that i miss is the spectate-script known from the EVO missions.

Damn i nailed many base-trashers and other ruining game by spectating them.

Thanx for about the best missions out there Xeno.

to see players on the map go to show status and the options and show player markers in that case you could see where the players are.

also @[HUD]Dorph

if you are admin type:-

#userlist

use pgup and pgdwn to scroll through names

and then #kick [usernumber]

example:-

#kick 241

or click 'P' choose the player and choose kick

Damn i feel stupid, how could i miss the player names in settings thx.

Regarding kick, ban, userlist, etc i know all about them. Its no problem

to do that, its more finding out who is doing what on the server. We all know

that we cant just kick if we see "player x killed player y friendly fire" coz we know

a pilot geting shot down gets a friendly kill for all players in his chopper, and we all

know that friendly fire happens. But to find the guy that do theese things on purpose

are a problem, or the guy who places satchels in base, or the guy ramming trucks into

choppers/planes about to take off, as he is the first to write "i dident do it was player x"

Thats where the spectate script comes in handy, if you are supsicios of a guy, watch

him for a while, then you are sure that he deserves that kick or ban.

This is the script im refering to:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=421

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I would like to say thank you to all who have voted for Domination in the Armed Assault Community Awards 2008.

Dom has received the

ARMA MISSION OF THE YEAR 2008 AWARD

community-gold-award-DOMINATION-big.jpg

Once again, thank you all.

http://www.bistudio.com/community-blog/arma-armed-assault-community-awards-2008_en.html

:)

Xeno

:)You deserve it!!!!!!!!!:D;)

Anyone know which file controls the contents of the ammo box at base?

Anyone know which file controls the contents of the ammo box at base?

x_weaponcargo.sqf within the x_scripts directory

x_weaponcargo.sqf within the x_scripts directory

Thanks.

Anyone else having trouble turning off enemy patrols rolling through base blowing up service buildings? I changed the code in i_server.sqf to look like this....however patrols still come and destroy my service buildings. Happens both on private and dedi server...

// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
d_no_sabotage = true;

Also, I added a C130 to the airfield and gave it cargo abilities using the C130 cargoscript and it works great on my own server however, it seems to fail to initialize when the mission is run on the dedicated server....Please help

I have the C130 in the editor with the init line

c130 = [this] execVM "c130cargo.sqf" 

And I have the two scripts needed (c130cargo.sqf, cargoscript.sqf) located in the main mission folder (not in a subfolder).

Hello, I need your help guys. I tried to edit this mission a bit by changing 1 helo to AH 1Z and another 1 to Huey. Then I hit preview and this is what I got. Script x_scripts/x jip .sqf not found. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it. I also want to add some ammo and weapons box is that possible?

Anyone else having trouble turning off enemy patrols rolling through base blowing up service buildings? I changed the code in i_server.sqf to look like this....however patrols still come and destroy my service buildings. Happens both on private and dedi server...

// if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
d_no_sabotage = true;

Also, I added a C130 to the airfield and gave it cargo abilities using the C130 cargoscript and it works great on my own server however, it seems to fail to initialize when the mission is run on the dedicated server....Please help

I have the C130 in the editor with the init line

c130 = [this] execVM "c130cargo.sqf" 

And I have the two scripts needed (c130cargo.sqf, cargoscript.sqf) located in the main mission folder (not in a subfolder).

To the first question, what we did was completely take out the patrols by going to where you set the arrays of the make up of the patrols and set them all to 0.

Thanks Ripper :-)

I got the c130 script to work btw if anyone wants to know i'll post how

Thanks Ripper :-)

I got the c130 script to work btw if anyone wants to know i'll post how

Might as well post it :-) Lots of good info in this thread.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

To the first question, what we did was completely take out the patrols by going to where you set the arrays of the make up of the patrols and set them all to 0.

What section and what file did you modify??