Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Nice addition, would be good to have a snatch along with your troops in Arma 2, could do some interesting missions. Looking forward to it, thanks.

Hey Stalker just curious came across this on the tube, are these yours? just wondered coz look pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlxYfZeqk8

Havent seen this before, lots of pages in this post so i guess i could of mist em, anyways still looking forward to you releasing them.

Edited by Chrisgs

Hey Stalker just curious came across this on the tube, are these yours? just wondered coz look pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlxYfZeqk8

Havent seen this before, lots of pages in this post so i guess i could of mist em, anyways still looking forward to you releasing them.

From what i can tell those are reskinned US models...(take a close look at the helmet) it's hard to tell though the video is kind poor quality.

No these are Stalker's, tho he posted that video ages ago. I think that was when the project was in the early stages.

Will the infantry be released firstly or would be with all other vehicle stuffs together?

Cheers for the pic SWIFT88, pretty useful site that :)

Don't worry bout me delaying a release to get any extra vehicles done, the infantry come first :)

And yeah, as has been said that is a vid of my units, I uploaded that a few months ago

Hey mate, hate to pester you, just wondering if you had any news or updates?

Has he posted any news or updates? That'll be the best hint!

69 pages and i remember when this had 5...

kind of an indication to release the infantry already and perfect them later

kind of an attitude that would make the addon maker to never release anything to the community and enjoy it in private later :rolleyes:

Before:

you know, these have been in the works forever, CAN'T WE GET A RELEASE YET?!?!?!?

Now:

See a pattern of suffering from PiA Syndrome here?

And I remember when the addon makers decided when to release.

There's plenty of other things to keep little minds occupied in the meantime. If it's taking too long for your little time table, then make them yourself in half the time and just as good of quality. You can, can't you? Oh well...there goes that, then. Guess it's back to actually letting the man do his thing. How old are you--5? Or do you just suffer from hyperactivity? He's not going to release because--unlike everyone else here--you just can't wait. :rolleyes:

some people just cant understand just how much time effort and shear brain pain these addons take lol. and even more so to get them to the near perfection standards of stalker. then on top of all this he has his own life, which in all rights comes first.

but dont worry, a lil pom birdy told me his still working on them :P

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

some people just cant understand just how much time effort and shear brain pain these addons take lol. and even more so to get them to the near perfection standards of stalker. then on top of all this he has his own life, which in all rights comes first.

but dont worry, a lil pom birdy told me his still working on them :P

I understand so many have been looking forward to this release, a long time now, when your thrown a few crumbs you cant wait for the meal, well personally ive enough to keep me going here in Arma2 and waiting aint a problem, mind you a few more crumbs would be nice too. Anyways sure we will all be using em before too long, about 70 pages now right, so what, if this goes to a 1000 pages thats fine with me.

There are so many great mods and modders out there, this is a great community and im having a lot of fun trying them all out, when the Brit stuff is ready then i'll try them too, until then who cares, roll on Ace2 and all the other highly anticipated mods, patience is a virtue.

Nice mix of excited folk and generally unpleasent replies to them in the last few pages. Why not let the OP reply instead of talking for him?

It's also "generally unpleasant" (:rolleyes:) when it's the same person being impatient and making demands, especially when the same person has the habit of going around reporting every post and thread he can find and whatnot, only to turn around and do something foolish himself.

If you knew Stalker and aware of some things what goes on in real life at the moment, you too would react the same way towards people like that knucklehead in defense. I also know, being a member of a mod team myself, of the stresses involved and how annoying people like that can be. A bit of begging can be a wee bit nice--shows a desire for your work. But, when people make demands, that's different. Maybe you didn't pick up on it, but some of these posts show some of us did. :j: :p

bloody hell BTG just shut the heeby up

didnt wolle warn he'd be gotten off if he does it again

What people forget is that it actually takes an extrodinary amount of commitment to work on a mod or even learn how to mod. Something as complex as what stalker is doing by himself takes literally hundreds of man hours. When people come on here and post negative comments all it does is sap your will to do these things. This community is 99.9% very positive, one of the reasons i moved over to modding here but even so I suggest someone strap that guy down with a copy of 3dx max and photoshop and ask him to create 3 boxes, uvmap them and texture them and we'll see how long that takes and then maybe he'll have an understanding of what stalker has even started to go through....rant over :)

What people forget is that it actually takes an extrodinary amount of commitment to work on a mod or even learn how to mod. Something as complex as what stalker is doing by himself takes literally hundreds of man hours. When people come on here and post negative comments all it does is sap your will to do these things. This community is 99.9% very positive, one of the reasons i moved over to modding here but even so I suggest someone strap that guy down with a copy of 3dx max and photoshop and ask him to create 3 boxes, uvmap them and texture them and we'll see how long that takes and then maybe he'll have an understanding of what stalker has even started to go through....rant over :)

Well said mate, thanks to everyone who has been behind me in this, I understand that people want a release (and most are able to wait) but I'm not going to release something I'm not happy with.

All that will happen is I'll be swarmed with loads of posts saying "this doesnt work!" or "this is missing!" and I'd rather sort it before hand.

I NEVER planned to release any of my Brit work for ARMA 1, it was just after I had done it I decided I'd like to share it with everyone and the same still applies now to an extent. When I feel they are "done" then they are DONE but not before.

And yeah hundred of man hours sums it up.... The first british concept units were release on April 17th 2008 (as the Irish Defence Force Units).

Not including the time I spent getting to that stage and assuming I spend 2 hours a day (which is often much more when I'm not at college or finish early) I have been modding for 1140 hours or 47.5 days. The same will apply to others who do lots of modding. To not finish properly what I started so long ago would be stupid.

I've set myself a deadline of January at the latest to finish these units so as long as Real Life Issues dont get in the way then you'll see them by then at the latest.

Anyway, I'll post an update soon (maybe some pics too).

i think all bar one can wait till jan :D work with pride my good sir :D

just a quick one stalker, will you be making some "off duty" units, like with just the DPM pants and like t-shirts on etc? Would like to use them for some ambience around for some missions im working on.

Cheers

Edited by Schancky

just a quick one stalker, will you be making some "off duty" units, like with just the DPM pants and like t-shirts on etc?

Also, any units with berets?

:)

Most likely in a second release, trying to finish off the combat units first but definately want to get a bit of variation in there so the beret is definately on my list as is the off duty units.

Gonna be in Florence for the next few days for some Photography work, will update when I'm back.