norrin,

This is excellent work mate ! It's also good to see other scripting gurus (of which you are one in my eyes) also helping out. Enjoy your time off !

is the version on the front page the most up to date version? Or do I have to go page by page trying to find any updated files? Thanks!

is the version on the front page the most up to date version? Or do I have to go page by page trying to find any updated files? Thanks!

The Version on the First Page is 0.2m and yes that is the latest version. ;)

Ok I am struggling with this. There are so many switch options in the revive_init file :o

What i want is just the revive option to be available with the limited number of times as provided.

I cannot work out how to stop re-spawning :o

Can somebody help this noob out with what I need to do to disable the re-spawn option :D

I may have missed it in the 13 pages, but the only issue im seeing with this (fantastic) script is that on respawn or revive, the taskcomplete status is not up to date. it reloads the tasks and briefing but they arent checked off as complete or failed. (seperate issue is that if you have ai enabled in an MP mission , when they die/revive/respawn you end up duplicating the notes and tasks each time so end up with a massive list of replicated notes and tasks.

FYI the game script is unplayable on large servers. I tried out 40 players and it was desyncing to a point where the game basically froze.

Anyone else tried large missions with the script?

hey, i'm quite new to the arma2 editor and scripting but i'm getting it slowly.

i can't seem to work the revive script. i've copy and pasted description.ext, revive_init.sqf, revive_sqf folder, init.sqf to my mission folder and set 3 markers namely: "respawn_west", "boot_hill", and "center". i also had the game logic named, "server" in my mission. when i play my mission (a coop multiplayer mission), there is no limit to the number of revives (though you can select it before running the map in the hosting menu, as well as selecting the time -- but nothing happens) and when i do die, the player simply respawns after the 4 second delay instantly where my respawn_west marker was placed (again, with no limit). any help? i can't seem to figure it out. :(

Edited by ramenstyle

Did you named the playable units? Have you entered the names of those units in the revive_init.sqf? Don't just copy & paste ;) Use it, adapt it, feel the revive flowing through your body :)

yeah, actually i've been going around the readme and trying to edit the revive_init.sqf file for the passed few days but never really figured out what i was missing. now that you mentioned it, thanks! haha i'll give it a shot.

i just read through the readme and it gave me a basic step-by-step solution on how to get the script to work. thanks for the heads up though. :P

Not sure how to help you, but check you have copied all the files and folders that came in the revive test mission.

If that fails, copy and paste the contents from the test mission into your own mission.

On a side note, I have been able to utilize the "USS Khe Sanh" respawn to make it a mobile HQ respawn point.

You can change the vehicle that you spawn into, just it must have internal cargo spaces, so the normal HQ vehicles will not work. If you then use the latest vehicle respawn script that is in one of the threads here, then it will respawn when destroyed and still work as the mobiel HQ.

I know its probably not the best way to get a mobile respawn, but it worked for me :D

Just need to work out how to get the marker to attach to the vehicle now?

-------------------

Also I still do not know how to make it so that only the revive option is available, with no respawning :confused: any help appreciated

Edited by Starlight
spelling corrections

@Legislator: finally got it to work. haha thanks bro!:)

@Starlight: thanks for the reply as well. i'm trying to implement mobile hq's in my mission as well. i'll check that out as well. :)

Ok finally figured out how to make it only revive and its so simple I could kick myself :o just make the number of available respawn points =0 in the config

Also there is a Mobile HQ Respawn built into the script, actually reading the PDF in more detail explained how to set it up as a replacement for the mobile mash tent deployed from the squad leader.

The only thing is does is leave a dead wreck on the map from when its destroyed. Not sure what the best way is to police these, will the garbage module delete these? Previously I used the rather nice simple vehicle respawn script that removed the wreck when the vehicle respawned, not seen that option in the revive script yet unless I missed it :confused:

By the way what a fantastic bit of scripting :yay:

Ok finally figured out how to make it only revive and its so simple I could kick myself :o just make the number of available respawn points =0 in the config

Also there is a Mobile HQ Respawn built into the script, actually reading the PDF in more detail explained how to set it up as a replacement for the mobile mash tent deployed from the squad leader.

The only thing is does is leave a dead wreck on the map from when its destroyed. Not sure what the best way is to police these, will the garbage module delete these? Previously I used the rather nice simple vehicle respawn script that removed the wreck when the vehicle respawned, not seen that option in the revive script yet unless I missed it :confused:

By the way what a fantastic bit of scripting :yay:

Are you talking about this script or do you talk about something built ingame?

And if you know stuff, please do let us know how and what you are doing.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

This script only works in multiplayer mode?

why i am so rubbish?

I can not seem to get this to work, I have got it to work in the past. When im using m version, i just cant seem to get the script to work. Im playing as opfor, and enabled the _mission_end_function , so in theory when all my teammates are dead, the map will end.

However when I start, it just goes - all teamates dead, finished etc.

It feels like I have simply put in the wrong values for friendly/enemy etc, but I cant figure it out.

here is the relevant part of the revive_intit.sqf

// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED

_can_revive = "soldierEB"; //array no.18

_can_revive_2 = ""; //array no.19

_can_revive_3 = ""; //array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_revive_4 = ""; //array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived = "soldierEB"; //array no.20

_can_be_revived_2 = ""; //array no.21

_can_be_revived_3 = ""; //array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived_4 = ""; //array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_1 = "USMC_Soldier_Medic"; //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_2 = ""; //array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_3 = ""; //array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_4 = ""; //array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

//========================================================

// MEDPACK AND BLEEDING OPTIONS

_medpacks = 1; //array no.80 - Whether you want to give the units a limited number of revive kits 0/1 - no/yes

_stabilisation = 0; //array no.81 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_bleeding = 1; //array no.82 - Make units bleed and require bandages

_medic_medpacks = 5; //array no.83 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _medic variables - they are required for reviving units

_unit_medpacks = 2; //array no.84 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _can_revive variables - they are required for reviving units

_medic_bandages = 5; //array no.85 - Bandages stop bleeding

_unit_bandages = 3; //array no.86 -

_medic_stable = 0; //array no.100 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_unit_stable = 0; //array no.101 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_stabTime_tillDeath = 0; //array no.87 - NOT IMPLEMENTED //Time until death following revive without stabilisation

// ==================================================================

// ENEMY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS

_no_enemy_sides = 1; //array no.22 - No of Enemy sides (0, 1 or 2).

_enemy_side_1 = "WEST"; //array no.23 - Enemy sides can be "EAST", "WEST", "GUER" etc

_enemy_side_2 = ""; //array no.24

_enemy_side_3 = ""; //array no.88 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_enemy_side_4 = ""; //array no.89 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// FRIENDLY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS

_allied_side_1 = "EAST"; //array no.42 - Friendly sides can be "EAST", "WEST","RESISTANCE" etc.

_allied_side_2 = ""; //array no.43 - If all players are from the same side make sure you set the same side for both variables eg "WEST", "WEST"

_allied_side_3 = ""; //array no.90 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_allied_side_4 = "";

Any ideas?

Are you talking about this script or do you talk about something built ingame?

And if you know stuff, please do let us know how and what you are doing.

Ok well I will add this to help.

I have highlighted in Red the two factors relating to my previous post.

The first one is where if set to 0 "zero" you disable the respawn ability and just leave the revive ability.

The second set of highlights at the end show which bits need to be activated for the Mobile HQ that Norrin built into the script. It switches between a Vehicle HQ or a Tent deployed by the Leader.

Hope that helps

Read the PDF support document for further info

// RESPAWN OPTIONS

_no_respawn_points = 0; //array no.12 - no of respawn points (Max number 4)

_Base_1 = "Mobile HQ"; //array no.13 - spawn position names

_Base_2 = "Insertion"; //array no.14

_Base_3 = "Chopper"; //array no.15

_Base_4 = "USS Khe Sanh"; //array no.16

_Base_free_respawn = [1,1,0,0]; //array no.36 - select whether to allow respawning at spawn points even if enemy troops are present (options OFF = 0, ON = 1)

_respawn_at_base_addWeapons = 1; //array no.11 - unit respawns with waepons it commenced the mission with

_respawn_at_base_magazines = []; //array no.34 - If using the respawn_at_base_addWeapons option then place the magazine and weapon

_respawn_at_base_weapons = []; //array no.35 types in the following arrays, if left blank respawns with weapons from mission start

_respawn_position = 2; //array no.28 - 0 - respawn at base_1; 1 - the closest enemy free respawn point; 2 - players choice; and 3 - dies

_respawnAtBaseWait = [0,10]; //array no.68 - Two parameters: 1st if = 1 makes players that respawn at base wait for (parameter 2) seconds before being able to see surroundings

_objectiveBasedRP = []; //array no.69 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// Mobile Spawn Settings

_mobile_spawn = 1; //array no.51 - set to 1 if you want to use mobile spawn

_mobile_base_start = "Base"; //array no.52

_mobile_base2_start = ""; //array no.70 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_mobile_type = 0; //array no.60 - set as 0 - for vehicle and 1 for man

_mobile_man = objNull; //array no.53 - place name of unit here or if not used make sure set as objNull otherwise s1 etc.

_mobile_man2 = objNull; //array no.71 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

Would it be possible to set

_JIP_respawns	= [2,30];

to

_JIP_respawns	= param2;

If the mission is played with infinite I want the JiP players to get infinite respawns. I other words... I want the JiP to be set to the same as what the admin picked in the lobby.

You have to add the following to class Task in class NORRNRscMapControl in revive_sqf\dialogs\define.hpp file:

iconCreated = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";
iconCanceled = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,1,1)";
iconDone = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)";
iconFailed = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)";
colorCreated[] = {1,1,1,1};
colorCanceled[] = {1,1,1,1};
colorDone[] = {1,1,1,1};
colorFailed[] = {1,1,1,1};

It should look like this then:

class Task {
       icon = "\ca\ui\data\map_waypoint_ca.paa";
       iconCreated = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";
       iconCanceled = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,1,1)";
       iconDone = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)";
       iconFailed = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)";
       colorCreated[] = {1,1,1,1};
       colorCanceled[] = {1,1,1,1};
       colorDone[] = {1,1,1,1};
       colorFailed[] = {1,1,1,1};
       size = 20;
       color[] = {0, 0.900000, 0, 1};
       importance = "1.2 * 16 * 0.05";
       coefMin = 0.900000;
       coefMax = 4;
};

Actually that part is also missing in the artillery module in 1.03.

Xeno

Thought I'd give you guys a quick update on my current situation.

Got home from hospital just a couple of days ago following a date with a surgeon’s knife to remove a fist-sized lump from my abdomen. I am now the proud owner of an incision scar that extends from just below my belly button to a couple of centimetres above the wife's best friend. Thankfully the path results came back all clear so it looks like I’ll be a BIS fan boi for a good few years yet. However, I’m still not very mobile and I can’t sit at the computer for more than 5 minutes before it feels like my guts are going to spill out on the floor. They’ve also got me on some fairly heavy duty painkillers which are making it very difficult to concentrate and hence I’m not achieving much in the way of scripting at the moment but I’m hoping over the next week or so I’ll get back to normal.

I’d like to apologise to everyone that has asked questions over the last couple of weeks that I haven’t responded to, I’m still a little while off yet but I will eventually get back to you. I’d also like to pass on my heart felt thanks to Xeno, vengeance and Starlight for looking after the thread in my absence as well as those of you that have passed on their best wishes during what has been a fairly stressful time for me.

With a bit of luck in a week or so I’ll have an updated revive ready but in the mean time please see Xeno's fix in the previous post for version 1.03 compatability: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1396970&postcount=145

Rest up Norrin, Glad you are doing better. Look forward to your future work.