Sign in to follow this  
TiGGa

3D-Real time editor

it would be more helpful if the editor would save your units in their last known position.

IE, I load the air craft carrier and put players and jets on it and save...everything goes back in the water.

The Object Composition templates are very good.

The Dynamic Object Compositions are not exclusive to the 3D editor. They are simply a module (DynO). There is a library of such templates. You can spawn any template, anywhere, on any angle. Or you can spawn a specific template. Or you can pass some tags like "usmc", "tent", "medium" and it will spawn a random template matching those tags. Or ... :) I've opened a BiKi page on it, now I just need to fill it.

The Dynamic Object Compositions are not exclusive to the 3D editor. They are simply a module (DynO). There is a library of such templates. You can spawn any template, anywhere, on any angle. Or you can spawn a specific template. Or you can pass some tags like "usmc", "tent", "medium" and it will spawn a random template matching those tags. Or ... :) I've opened a BiKi page on it, now I just need to fill it.

you know you guys have put so much new stuff in that almost no-one knows about.

Getting someone to add to the BIKI on all these damn good things would be useful. these added extras really add a shitload of value and hype to the game experience and that could add to Arma2's success.

This all sounds great. How can someone review the game without having found out you can do all this? This game is huge, and reviewers don't even scratch the surface.

You should rename this topic as it is 3D Editor and not a real time editor.

Amazing again Bohemia! :yay:

This game is huge, and reviewers don't even scratch the surface.

:D The fucking reality

I just knew there were something fishy about all those comref commands (section: map iirc) that was not included among the biki commands... :) Great news.

Control List so far ive found:

Selected Object:

Hold left mouse to move object

Hold Alt (Move UP/DOWN)

Hold Shift (Rotate Unit)

CTRL+C to copy selected, CTRL+V to paste.

View:

Move camera up and down: Middlemouse scroll or Q and Z

Move camera: Hold right mouse button or WASD

Slow down camera movement speed: Hold CTRL + WASD

Controll like FPS at current level: HOLD Right mouse button + WASD

Note! When rotating your object it will snap to the closest surface, at least this is my experience. Say you want to place 2 containers up on eachother. Copy or make a new container put it on top of the first one as close as you can get then hold shift to rotate and it should snap to a nice height ontop of the other.

Probably more but here some of it is in one post.

BTW thanks BIS this 3d editor is awesome. Its so simple to use to :D

Is there a way to incorporate the attachto command without guessing the x,y,z variable (or whatever)....

just found a bug : Screen turn very turqiuse blue and 3d keeps going down to ground. :S

Edited by Curious

Hm exactlly what i said all along - reviewers are many time big dorks wich doesnt test out the full potential of a game.

ARMA2 has such depth noone can test a preview version for a few days and then know how good or bad it is. It takes some time to fully have experienced all aspects of ARMA.

And on the matter of a 3D Editor: WOOOOT!!!! WHAT? YES!!! :) BIS you guys gave us what we wanted this time. :) Cant wait to get my hands on it arrgh 9 more days. Super work BIS, just super. ;)

Greets

Alex

How do you bring the saved map/mission from the 3d editor into the normal map/mission editor? I tried to just load it and it says "read only file". So i go to un tick the read only box on the actual file but it just stays on.

How do you bring the saved map/mission from the 3d editor into the normal map/mission editor? I tried to just load it and it says "read only file". So i go to un tick the read only box on the actual file but it just stays on.

The file format is different, I don't think you can.

The 3D editor is more than just a 3D interface. It's a whole new mission system. It is very powerful.

Missions are saved as scripts. So you could have one mission launch while another is running.

It is also moddable by the way. Look at editor.pbo in the addons folder if you want to look at it. And then the script commands on the biki.

At the moment I would say it's best for beginners to stick with the 2D editor. The 3D editor is a bit complicated but once it has all the functionality of the 2D editor it should be just as easy.

I don't know what BIS plans with it, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens :)

Edited by Maddmatt

The 3D editor doesnt make a mission file, it just creates a spawn scripts for everything youve placed in the map.

I suggest making your units, waypoints and some other stuff in the 3d editor then open the folder and check your saved mission. It contains a mission.sqf file. This is the spawn script for all youve done in the 3D Editor.

Now open up regular 2D editor and save the map, place the SQF from the 3D editor in there and run that SQF from the init file.

Now I suggest deleting the player code from that sqf and place a new one in the 2D editor part of your mission. Now when you run a preview it will spawn everything you made in the 3D editor in the 2D editor.

If you check the campaign missions thats the way BIS has done it for their missions. Might sound complicated but its really easy and it adds so much to mission design making this thing pure gold.

GOOD LUCK! :D

The 3D editor doesnt make a mission file, it just creates a spawn scripts for everything youve placed in the map.

I suggest making your units, waypoints and some other stuff in the 3d editor then open the folder and check your saved mission. It contains a mission.sqf file. This is the spawn script for all youve done in the 3D Editor.

Now open up regular 2D editor and save the map, place the SQF from the 3D editor in there and run that SQF from the init file.

Now I suggest deleting the player code from that sqf and place a new one in the 2D editor part of your mission. Now when you run a preview it will spawn everything you made in the 3D editor in the 2D editor.

If you check the campaign missions thats the way BIS has done it for their missions. Might sound complicated but its really easy and it adds so much to mission design making this thing pure gold.

GOOD LUCK! :D

Yup it works a charm cheers.

suggestion for BIS. make the 3d editor easy to get started with like the 2d editor (less centre and establish group kind of hassles at first) but leave the options in for those who can make full use of such functionality.

3D Editor work fine - ArmA1 to ArmA2

9vtrzf7o.jpg

Edited by M@ster

Could someone provide a converter so you can convert it into normal editor format? Or perhaps BIS could just make it so it saves as per normal as I can't load up other missions into the editor because its done in a special format. Unsure why thought

I am lost when it comes to init.sqf or sqm...

Anyway, Could someone please put up what I need to use as code to launch the things created in 3d editor????

I create an Init.sqs file inside my mission folder. I got that right I guess.

Then I have added the mission.sqf created by the 3d editor.

Now... could someone please provide me with the text I need inside my Init????

So I can copy&paste for later guidence.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Just to say this.

I have tried using the code

execVM "mission.sqf"

in the init.sqs, but the game crashes when trying to preview or load it. I assume it is because I buggered it up somehow.

Edited by Cato Larsen

what edits did you do? doesnt work here!?

Put all ArmA 1 addons (v1.0) from DVD to .....\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ArmA1

Make new exe

.......\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ArmA1

Start ArmA2

1x Error Press Enter

ArmA2 loading

2x Error ---> Press Enter and go :D "work"

Go Editor (work) ;)

Press F10

Enter

Press F2

Enter

Press F1

and 3D View

Edited by M@ster

ArmA 2 is full of gems ... isn't it ? ;)

You have to dig in some dirt to find it though:)

I am lost when it comes to init.sqf or sqm...

Anyway, Could someone please put up what I need to use as code to launch the things created in 3d editor????

I create an Init.sqs file inside my mission folder. I got that right I guess.

Then I have added the mission.sqf created by the 3d editor.

Now... could someone please provide me with the text I need inside my Init????

So I can copy&paste for later guidence.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Just to say this.

I have tried using the code

execVM "mission.sqf"

in the init.sqs, but the game crashes when trying to preview or load it. I assume it is because I buggered it up somehow.

In your Mission.sqf it looks like here??

activateAddons [];

activateAddons [];
initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter east;
_center_1 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_1;

_group_1 = createGroup _center_1;

_unit_29 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
 _this = _group_0 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_Officer", [673.64905, 13946.498], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
 _unit_29 = _this;
 _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
 if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
};

then try this here

_center_1 = East;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_1;

_group_1 = createGroup _center_1;

_unit_29 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
 _this = _group_0 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_Officer", [673.64905, 13946.498], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
 _unit_29 = _this;
 _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
 if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
};

It works pretty good in sp and as Host But...

how do i get it into a Mp mission on a didicate Server?????????

plz help

in your init.sqf

if (isserver) then {execVM "3DEdScript.sqf";};

in your init.sqs (if you decide to have one)

? isserver : call compile preprocessfile "3DEdScript.sqs"