-You never were angry seeing your AI buddies in your squad changing to pistols instead of rifles?

- You would like to say an AI to use a rocket launcher to engange an enemy that is hidden in a house?

Well here is my addon request:

Can anybody make an action menu addon that forces the AI to use a certain weapon. I.e. 5, change to rifle. Or, 2 change to AT4?

My candidates:

- ACE2 (could implement this)

- GL4 (as SNKMAN can do almost everything :))

- Anybody else who would surprise the community with this!

i put this in yesterday maybe you can put your imput into it?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8363

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

ok i would like some one to help or show me how to make a module for arma 2, i want to create a escape and evade survival module where the player can live off the land by drink water from ponds/lakes/sea and be able to eat from dead animals

I'm not good with working with addons... I'm wondering if anyone could put together a tiny very simple addon for me using the standard BIS weapons.

All I want is a semi-automatic-only M16A2 with an ACOG with Docter backup sight on it named as an AR-15, and a semi-automatic-only M4 with the detachable carry-handle iron sights, and an RIS with vertical foregrip named as a CAR-15. Both using the standard STANAG magazines and such.

I think this can be done just with cfg files using the stock models and such, but I've been reading all night and can't seem to get it to work.

Can anyone help me out?

@pryodox:

The BIS m16a2 model is carry-handle only AFAIK, so you'll need a new model for it

:Moving request from the general discussion thread:

Hi gentlemen

I wanted to ask if anyone is willing to make a GAF addon, including light Infantry, Army Special Forces and Interior Ministry Counter Terrorism units.

Since I am a very rookie in this business, it would be really great if anyone who finds time, would make my greatest dream for ARMA2 come true

So, I can't really mod but have enough material to provide any modder or modding team with a large amount of informations about uniforms, equipement and arms. ( unit patches, communication systems, headgear + radio, outfit, weapons etc )

I would be really glad if someone would take over that job + georgian units look sexy .... :p

610xam2.jpg

610x.jpg

20080813_georgia_33.jpg

Edited by CommanderYuri

A thread in general section made me think of posting here ...

As a challenge can anyone see if they can port over the clock direction system from Arma1 into 2 so we can at least have that to get direction of enemy, so we can decode the vague bloody unit calls .. anyone think its doable as an addon? If you make it, many people will be in love with you. :)

i quote crash, today again contacts everywhere with no sight...

ANd what about a SU-25 update to SU-39 ?

su3902.th.jpg

Edited by caprera

:Moving request from the general discussion thread:

Hi gentlemen

I wanted to ask if anyone is willing to make a GAF addon, including light Infantry, Army Special Forces and Interior Ministry Counter Terrorism units.

Since I am a very rookie in this business, it would be really great if anyone who finds time, would make my greatest dream for ARMA2 come true

So, I can't really mod but have enough material to provide any modder or modding team with a large amount of informations about uniforms, equipement and arms. ( unit patches, communication systems, headgear + radio, outfit, weapons etc )

I would be really glad if someone would take over that job + georgian units look sexy .... :p

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/435/610xam2.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eNT3B01kTaqx/610x.jpg

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2008/08/13/20080813_georgia_33.jpg

I know nothing about making addons but I think that this would probably be easier than most. Most of the stuff has already been made.

ACU Uniform : Bink

Marine Woodland MARPAT : BIS

All or most of the rifles are in the game by default.

The Biggest thing I would think is the vest. I think it's very do-able. Hopefully somebody will make this a project.

As a challenge can anyone see if they can port over the clock direction system from Arma1 into 2 so we can at least have that to get direction of enemy, so we can decode the vague bloody unit calls .. anyone think its doable as an addon? If you make it, many people will be in love with you.

Yep,very many including me.:D

Are there any mods out there that makes the weapons feel more solid and powerful? Like better muzzle flashes and more weapon kickback, because right now, weapons like the M249 feels more like a toy gun than the beast it looks like.

Basicly something that makes weapons feel more "heavy" overall.

Edited by Amgoz1

I know nothing about making addons but I think that this would probably be easier than most. Most of the stuff has already been made.

ACU Uniform : Bink

Marine Woodland MARPAT : BIS

All or most of the rifles are in the game by default.

The Biggest thing I would think is the vest. I think it's very do-able. Hopefully somebody will make this a project.

These are local made Digital Woodland uniforms with US Marpat pixels. But I think, Marpat would do the very same job.

Weapons allready included in game and used by the GAF are:

AK-74 series ( all )

AK-74N Special Forces

M4 / M4a1, M4a2

M24 SWS

Dragunov SVD

M-82A1 AMR

RPK lmg

PK hmg

RPG-7

Not included in ARMA2, excluding addons:

Glock series pistols ( 17-19 )

TAR-21 / STAR-21

G-36K

AS VAL, 9mm

IWI Negev lmg

RPG-22 / RPG-26

9K111 Fagot

Zastava M93 Black Arrow AMR

TRG-24

It's a complicated story with the vests. Actually single SF units have their "group" vest, but many Commandos do wear different types of vests, while the regular army most commonly wears this olive shaped balltic assault vest with 3-6x2 rifle magazine pouches and radio holster.

Radio recently changed to the bowman communication system. Headsets are also british. Special Forces use the new norwegian Harris 7800.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46398521@N05/4305991002/

Sniper camouflage would be exactly the same, except the fancy urban version:

M-82A1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46398521@N05/4291319062/

SVD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46398521@N05/4262500610/

M-24

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46398521@N05/4291092302/

SVD urban version

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46398521@N05/4262500534/

If anyone is interested, I can post more and much detailed informations about single units.

Edited by CommanderYuri

Yuri, I have to correct you a bit, RPG-22 and G36K (original German model) can be found in the vanilla game, I think even 9K111, although on top of the BMP-2 (or is that 9K113?)

Bink i have some spare Georgia conflict photographs if you're interested ;)

These are local made Digital Woodland uniforms with US Marpat pixels. But I think, Marpat would do the very same job.

Quote; MARPAT for GAF is enough

Yuri, I have to correct you a bit, RPG-22 and G36K (original German model) can be found in the vanilla game, I think even 9K111, although on top of the BMP-2 (or is that 9K113?)

Didn't notice the RPG-22 lol, yes the G-36 is there but not the shortened K version. Didn't saw the 9K111 hmm. Maybe I am totally wrong. Sorry.

CommanderYuri.

I could do it.

wow, that would be great man ! :D Send me a PM for informations and unit rosters .... if you like! :)

Bink i have some spare Georgia conflict photographs if you're interested ;)

... as long as it are not pics of dead Georgians and Russians .... ^^ :) Sounds very interesting, though many things have changed after the war.

Edited by CommanderYuri

Didn't notice the RPG-22 lol, yes the G-36 is there but not the shortened K version. Didn't saw the 9K111 hmm. Maybe I am totally wrong. Sorry.

Sorry my friend for further correction, in the vanilla game there are five versions of the G-36: G-36A full lenght, G-36K shortened, G-36C compact, G-36C with EoTech and suppressor, and the AG-36 SAW/LMG. You can find them in the "Special Weapons" box in the editor (not "US Special Weapons" box!)

yes, G36K dual-sight is in game already

RPG-22 or RPG-26 is not in game, in game there is RPG-18 (difference almost like LAW M72 and M136)

AS VAL, SAKO TRG and real (not wrong fictional) RPK/RPK74 are in addons

and PKM is called PK in game, although they are different

but for sure G36K is in game already

RPG-22 or RPG-26 is not in game, in game there is RPG-18...

Oh yes sorry, all I remembered that there is a disposable AT launcher for the OPFOR, but it's the 18 yes, my bad.