Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

Ive placed the vopsound bikey in the correct folder into the keys folder -It still wont accept Vop enabled clients. What am I doing wrong?

lets hope the author of the ArmA1 mod is working on a port for ArmA2 ... because that sounds really scare the crap outta me :D

sorry guys) wrong way) sound(weapons and others from voices) mod in video above is not my job)

if you about eva(extended voice addon) i think in arma2 radio chat is good enough

Download links are here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=69;t=72236

You'll have to ask nikita320106 for permission to edit it for Arma 2...

EDIT: Oops, my bad, apparently not! See below. You'll have to find out who made the sounds and ask their permission]

I've made this vid using an alpha version of VopSound (YASM named). My first release for ArmA1 used these explosion sounds but I overhauled them in later versions because of the poor quality they offered. Dunno where to download the initial version.

But its not just the Explosion sounds, everything seems perfect from M4s to Harrier jets :)

sorry guys) wrong way) sound(weapons and others from voices) mod in video above is not my job)

if you about eva(extended voice addon) i think in arma2 radio chat is good enough

top vid i posted was mainly to show the explosions and impact sounds of bombs and guns and such, not the DSAI.

There was another vid that i seen that was similar, actually 2 vids i believe, and one was a harrier i think flying around doing strikes on target and man were the sounds really moving. There was another vid with this as well all i can remember was a farm and then a plane dropping a bomb which was similer to the one i posted.

But those vids were all arma 1, i'd like to see something like that for arma2.

shits got to be scary, i mean it shouldn't be everyday that u see a massive bomb go off, or a bomb dropped and your waiting in suspense.

Airstrike on Taliban

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxv9l01yCLQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxv9l01yCLQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fine example.

I think our bombs and impacts and stuff should be more epic, and devistating, not a blast then in 20sec theres nothing but a small burning wreck, or a shambled building. Realism=immersion

Oh Shit that JDAM was awesome.

Yeah I miss that too. Real Bad Ass Explosions are just missing in Arma2

Hi,

This mod looks awesome. The only problem is that I can't make it work.

I installed it as described but it didn't work. I put @VopSound_2.1 with all its subfolders in the folder Addons of Arma 2. I used the manual method to have it recognized by the game (-mod=....). As I saw it didn't work I used Arma II launcher but still without success. I then moved @VopSound_2.1 in the main Arma 2 folder but still nothing. What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help.

you need to take all the .pbo files out of the sub folders and stick them directly into the vopsound addons folder inside your main arma install directory.

On another note I asked for help on getting our server to allow the use of this mod.

I installed the repack version of 2.1 to my install then added the key to the keys directory on the server but it throws up this error upon joining the server.

Files "@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_environmental.pbo ",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_fixedwings.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_gear.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_guns.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_impact.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_environmental.pbo ", ... are not

signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server,

remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any ideas?

Yes mate, restarted the server numerous times.

It seems to only be the _c_ files and not the _s_ files.

Dunno what exactly, but you must´ve done something wrong - im sure because with our server the repack version works perfectly. It´s got only the key from repack, and i´ve got only .pbo´s from the repack in my ArmA. Maybe you´ve got some leftovers from older VOP versions in your addons folder? :confused:

I have copied a shortcut to the desktop and modify the properties to the specifications below; I am unable to join servers and benefit from this mod.

What is it about using Steam that may or may not be the root of this not working? How do I get mods to work with Steam?

Drive:\Path\Steam.exe -applaunch IDnumber -nosplash -windowed -maxmem=2047 -mod=@test

top vid i posted was mainly to show the explosions and impact sounds of bombs and guns and such, not the DSAI.

There was another vid that i seen that was similar, actually 2 vids i believe, and one was a harrier i think flying around doing strikes on target and man were the sounds really moving. There was another vid with this as well all i can remember was a farm and then a plane dropping a bomb which was similer to the one i posted.

But those vids were all arma 1, i'd like to see something like that for arma2.

shits got to be scary, i mean it shouldn't be everyday that u see a massive bomb go off, or a bomb dropped and your waiting in suspense.

I think our bombs and impacts and stuff should be more epic, and devistating, not a blast then in 20sec theres nothing but a small burning wreck, or a shambled building. Realism=immersion

Well, really, a lot of explosions in real life sound more of a thump or crump to a huge thump you feel in your chest. The way you hear on the videos is just how a mic picks up the sound vibrations. The only thing I have to say as far as cons is the brashness of the sounds, very very loud and metallic like. I love the sound mod, I play it most the time on servers. But sense for ArmA2 and most skirmishes or action take place around a lot of reflective surfaces , so far, I am making a sound mod too, but most likely for my own enjoyment since I have no way to create a stand alone so I have to change vanilla's.

I've been looking at the config myself trying to figure how to isolate the sound so it won't use another explosion sound, like ArmA1 did, used the RPG hit sound for a GBU, lame.

Say Anderson, I wanted to talk to you about something. I'll pm you eh.:)

Edited by Chammy

Chammy man. Iv been waiting with baited breath to hear about your sound mod! Are you not doing one for Arma2? Yours was one of the best. Real deep bassy sounds and distance trail off! Hope to hear you are.

you need to take all the .pbo files out of the sub folders and stick them directly into the vopsound addons folder inside your main arma install directory.

On another note I asked for help on getting our server to allow the use of this mod.

I installed the repack version of 2.1 to my install then added the key to the keys directory on the server but it throws up this error upon joining the server.

Files "@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_environmental.pbo ",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_fixedwings.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_gear.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_guns.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_impact.pbo",

"@vopsound_2.1\addons\vops_c_environmental.pbo ", ... are not

signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server,

remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any ideas?

Tx a lot it works now!:)

It seems that when I run the normal 2.1 vopsound the server says I have the wrong keys and then when I use the repack version I can get in the server but get no sound out of guns, aircraft etc.

It seems that when I run the normal 2.1 vopsound the server says I have the wrong keys and then when I use the repack version I can get in the server but get no sound out of guns, aircraft etc.

same thing happening to me

Does this not work with patch 1.03? I am getting no sound.

is there any way to make it so that vopsound is not put down as an addon when u create a mission in the editor. because if u run the mission later w/o vopsound it thinks that it needs it even though it is not necessary for the mission. the only fix is to delete that vop c guns line out of the mission file (a pain).

can this be remedied as it doesnt occur with any other sound mods i use.

Does this not work with patch 1.03? I am getting no sound.

Yes it works, are you sure you installed it correctly? Made a directory in your game folder like @Vopsound_2.1/Addons and put the files in there?

Say Anderson, I wanted to talk to you about something. I'll pm you eh

please tell me this means you are working on your own sound mod

it really was the best all around sound mod for Arma...

It would be a welcome addition to Arma II since the current sounds are.. well lacking

is there any way to make it so that vopsound is not put down as an addon when u create a mission in the editor. because if u run the mission later w/o vopsound it thinks that it needs it even though it is not necessary for the mission. the only fix is to delete that vop c guns line out of the mission file (a pain).

can this be remedied as it doesnt occur with any other sound mods i use.

yes same here any fix?