Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

Playing with the mod since a few days i just have one question, Are the gun sounds maybe bit too loud or is the sound problem in patch 1.3 to blame here?

Had to play with the sound sliders a lot to get it more ear friendly

I didnt go trough whole thread to see if this has been mentioned becouse its too long. So, when I use only weapon sounds I have problems connecting to servers like there wouldnt be a key even if there is one. Whats up with that? Is there a trick I dont know of?

Guns are not friendly neither to ears nor to anything else :D

Offcourse but if i need to change my sliders so much that now music and talking is barely heareable is not so great.

Dont wanna risk having the house surrounded by GSG9 because of ArmA2 ^^

But as said, may be blamed on patch 1.3.

I didnt go trough whole thread to see if this has been mentioned becouse its too long. So, when I use only weapon sounds I have problems connecting to servers like there wouldnt be a key even if there is one. Whats up with that? Is there a trick I dont know of?

You might need to download the repack version, look for it a few pages back.

I've tried a dozen different things and I still can't get this mod to work. Here's where I'm at-

I have two folders in my ARMA2 directory, @VopSound_2.1 and @VopSound_2.1signed, respectively. Both of those have AddOns in them.

I extracted all the sounds I wanted (all of them) from the zip into the @VopSound_2.1 AddOns folder. They are not in the subfolders. The sounds did not change and stayed the same. So I've done mixing and matching, left and right, all over- even tried putting the files in the main AddOns folder, which removed sound completely.

I'm using Linebacker's Launcher, which has worked just fine, and loads many many mods without fail. This is the only one that's given me grief. How do I install it? Clear directions please, because I'm apparently missing something. :mad:

You might need to download the repack version, look for it a few pages back.

Yeah thanks. Repack version works fine.

doormatindeed, make a shortcut of arma2.exe and on the shortcut right click and go to properties, now where you see target, it will say

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

click on that line and at the end of arma2.exe make a space and type this -mod=@VopSound_2.1

it should look like this in the target

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@VopSound_2.1

click apply and then launch the game with the shortcut and test it out, good luck.

Edited by WYZe1

First post - glad to be here - been playing the demo for a few weeks and finally got the game today

First question: Does this mod work with patch 1.03?

ya it does, but patch 1.03 has screwed up the sound, you'll get a click noise come up now and then and the sound will become distorted, and it was so annoying for me i went back to 1.02, i honestly think 1.02 is better in other aspects also, but thats another story.

to be honest this vopsound really is a bag of crap....sounds are completley un realistic ....sound directions are messed up.....and the audio files have not been done properly, u get alot of bad hissing and crackle when fireing certain weapons......dont waist ur time with it.....thats also the reason why u get kicked from servers, as teh mod simply isnt worth puttin gthe key on the server...its simply a crock of sh*t

Hey Nick,

The hissing and crackling is a bug with the game at the current time. The sound engine is fudged, especially since the last patch- it's just more evident with VopSound because the effects have more fidelity. Anyways, if you don't like the actual quality of the sounds, that's a shame but I think it's a little unnecessary to get nasty about it, eh? :bounce3:

to be honest this vopsound really is a bag of crap....sounds are completley un realistic ....sound directions are messed up.....and the audio files have not been done properly, u get alot of bad hissing and crackle when fireing certain weapons......dont waist ur time with it.....thats also the reason why u get kicked from servers, as teh mod simply isnt worth puttin gthe key on the server...its simply a crock of sh*t

When we see your soundmod, we'll take your post here into consideration...;)

Thanks, Wy, but I figured out it was a conflict with the Reduced Voices addon. Very strange...

I have to test this. If it is - MAP crew got some more work. :)

MarkXIII

When we see your soundmod, we'll take your post here into consideration...

Kick his ass sea-bass! :D (QFT though)

Alex

:rolleyes:

As someone else said, the sound distortions is an unfortunate thing for most people with the new patch and has nothing to do with said sound modification. However, we all will surely like to stand aside for you to enlighten the community with the shear awesomeness of your sound modification project.

I mean after all, for you to come into someone's thread and totally belittle everything so spitefully and without any shred of validity--not to mention the blatant stupidity of not knowing already that most sound distortions/bugs come from the 1.03 patch...surely you can do much, much better?

And by the way, dear sir...the word is "waste". "Waist" is something we have on our body to place our pants around, although in your case we'll probably have to organize a search party in hopes of rescuing it from that morbidly massive bulge of fat that has it trapped and fighting for its life, you trolling swine.

Stop answering that haters ^^ they don't care about anything they just bored and write shit.

to be honestCOMMAthis vopsound really is a bag of crap....sounds are completley un realistic ....sound directions are messed up.....and the audio files have not been done properly, u get alot of bad hissing and crackle when fireing certain weapons......dont waist ur time with it.....thats also the reason why u get kicked from servers, as teh mod simply isnt worth puttin gthe key on the server...its simply a crock of sh*t

Don't feed the troll !

Come on then new boy let's see what you can do. For a start, I would quit Arma2 and take up writing proper English. For a start, I've bolded all of your mistakes.

Try again when you can spell, put together a coherent argument and when you have researched all of your facts.

hmm, i have no sound isssues at all.

My sound works as good as ever.

I have to test this. If it is - MAP crew got some more work. :)

Kick his ass sea-bass! :D (QFT though)

Alex

Actually sea-bass reminded me about one thing I've been kinda missing from VopSound. The bass. Just little extra punch to the weapon sounds (perhaps for grenade explosions as well?), but on the otherhand, I don't know if the VopSound sounds are allready realistic or not, but I just kinda feel like some sounds could use little bit more bass.

Excelent soundmod othervice.

(Me and my oh-so-good ENGRISH. And that was intentional typo.)

vo.2, loving the new realistic silenced weapon sounds! Great job!

Okay so I'm a little confused

Last night I played Arma 2 with no mods and I could hear no distortion issues

Is it that Vopsound is not compatible with patch 1.03 or is it patch 1.03 by itself distorting (without any mods being used)

thanks