Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

I already had 5 mods running so yes, I do know how to install mods. Launched it using the shortcut method.

I already had 5 mods running so yes, I do know how to install mods. Launched it using the shortcut method.

Well you never know some people actually just copy files into ArmA 2's own addon folder!

Well if you did correct i can't see how it should not work unless you have some other mod it doesn't play along with. Try start game loading only VopSound mod.

Well you never know some people actually just copy files into ArmA 2's own addon folder!

Well if you did correct i can't see how it should not work unless you have some other mod it doesn't play along with. Try start game loading only VopSound mod.

Yup tried that. Specifically, the guns turned up with no sound. I can here impact and bullet casing dropping but no firing and no environmental sound. I made sure the weapon.pbo and environment.pbo are both in the right folder as well. If the mod wasn't launched, BIS's stock sounds should have remained, right?

Yup tried that. Specifically, the guns turned up with no sound. I can here impact and bullet casing dropping but no firing and no environmental sound. I made sure the weapon.pbo and environment.pbo are both in the right folder as well. If the mod wasn't launched, BIS's stock sounds should have remained, right?

You should have all the .pbo in like @VopSound\addons no sub folders beyond that.

You should have all the .pbo in like @VopSound\addons no sub folders beyond that.

I know, thats what I did. Been playing with mods since ArmA1, can't get this simple stuff wrong and as I said, if the mod wasn't launched, then the BIS sounds should not have been replaced with silence.

I know, thats what I did. Been playing with mods since ArmA1, can't get this simple stuff wrong and as I said, if the mod wasn't launched, then the BIS sounds should not have been replaced with silence.

Hmmm weird. I haven't been using VopSound for a while but i just tried it and it worked just fine!

The server key doesn't work. Players with VopSound_2.1 installed are kicked off server.

What's going on?

Where can I download VopSound 2.1 signed and server's keys for it? Links in the first message don't work! Please fix them!

Armaholic hasn´t repacked, so you´d need to get yet another update for 2.1, otherwise there´s an outdated serverkey included.

I´ve posted the link to a complete working repack on our page twice already.

How difficult would it be to remove the bullet snaps from the explosions.pbo?

The Armaholic link works fine: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5884

The only one that doesn't work is the SpeedShare one.

Nah :nono:

The download links in the first post are broken :http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1302036&postcount=1

1. http://www.speedshare.org/download.php?id=26975AFF11

2. http://www.filedropper.com/vopsound21signed

Plus the server key file is not the good one.

Please fix it.

Thanks

Speedshare and Filedropper links are broken.

Armaholic hasn´t repacked, so you´d need to get yet another update for 2.1, otherwise there´s an outdated serverkey included.

I´ve posted the link to a complete working repack on our page twice already.

With Whisper we've been trying to make VopSound 2.1 work on our server for days. Which one is the good .bikey file?

We tried the one from your site (armed-assault.de), the bikey included in the armaholic pack and another one but no result :cryy:

Players are still kicked off server.

Please help, we put the file in the good place the problem is somewhere else.

Edited by Lonestar

I eventually found what the problem is. It is even worse than i thought.

The problem is client side and the server key is not involved.

All the players who installed the armaholic archive can't play with this addon because they didn't update the bisign files of their installation. That's why there is another file to download under the required addons section.

This is really misleading for the newcomer or the casual player.

The armaholic archive should definitely be repacked.

In the meantime download this VopSound 2.1 Repack from armed-assault.de

A lot of players are kicked only because they overlooked the download page and thought the original archive was enough. It is a pity, the addon system is already difficult enough.

Edited by Lonestar

thanx, LoneStar1 !

I hope this addon makers will update their website to make it easier to find signed files (include everything in ONE archive).... and introduce working links as well )))

(they 'd better named it 2.2 instead of making "hidden" patches :\ )

Edited by McArcher

Archive repacked with the good bisign files:

3-animation.png

File: Fixed_VopSound_2.1

The connection problem should disappear with this repack version.

For those who experience connection errors, download it.

This is not an update, just a repack of existing files.

Old but working repacked VopSound 2.1 with BIsigns from Armed-Assault.de

Armed-Assault.de #1

Armed-Assault.de #2

The connection problem should disappear with these repack version, too.

----------------------------------------------------

VopSound 2.2 Preview on Youtube

If you have problems with VopSound + A.C.E.2

Try the VOPSound available on the updater-system. It fixes the broken configs, found in almost all soundmods out there.

Edited by Blechreiz

Sorry I mean, are the sounds broken up into different pbo's, like ACE2 sounds and HiFi ?

Yes to a certain degree:

voppbo.jpg

Please could someone post up the latest VopSound 2.1 ( I think) public key?. I don't need the whole 190 odd megs thanks.

Many thanks but thats not quite what I need. I required the VopSound.bikey. I have it now thanks.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Great mod, but does anyone else notice that technicals are now silent while driving along at the steady speed? Just thought I'd report this issue I've had (using 2.1).