Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound 2.1

Having heard a real Harrier hovering at Farnborough in 1984, I thought that would be the loudest thing I'd ever hear, until I heard it in VOPsound! 'kin heck, that's noisy!!

Having heard a real Harrier hovering at Farnborough in 1984, I thought that would be the loudest thing I'd ever hear, until I heard it in VOPsound! 'kin heck, that's noisy!!

Oath! No point even trying to use coms when one of these puppies comes in low and fast.:yay:

Great mod, but does anyone else notice that technicals are now silent while driving along at the steady speed? Just thought I'd report this issue I've had (using 2.1).

I was able to verify this. The "Off-Road" vehicle appears to have no engine running noise, the start up, shut down, accelerate and decelerate noises play but there is no idle running noise.

I've just uploaded a small video of me firing some of the most common BLUFOR weapons at our firing range, with VopSound 2.1

This way you can just have a very quick and specific overview. Hope you guys like it.

Thanks for another great mod!

Knay_4uUL0I

If you have the ace sound mod installed does this one still work or do i need to remove ACE_SM from my target line?

I think Vopsound should be renamed " Harrier-is-feckin-LoudSound!!" :D

I tried VopSound without ACEX_SM (don't know how it works WITH it) but it seems it's a little off and out-of-sync with current ACE gear and equipment possibilities..

e.g. the HK416 sounds exactly like the M16..with ACEX_SM or other sound mods they sound different.

Hey guys. Had to reinstall Windows Vista 32 recently so lost my installation of Arma 2. Putting everything back I cannot get Vop Sounds 2.1 to work no matter what I do.

All the .pbo's are in the Addons folder which is in the @VopSound_2.1 folder.

My shortcut has the following :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zcommon;@VopSound_2.1

...in the Target field. And I have tried any number of variants of that setup.

It worked fine for me before, but not now. Installation directory is C:/program files/bohemia interactive/arma2/@vopsound_2.1/addons/##.pbo

Any help? Vanilla sounds suck!

Does windows allow a folder name with a decimal point in it?

Hey me again....

So doing a little reading I see many say that Vop stops working after 1.3??

This is odd... I updated through to 1.5 with Vop installed and it worked, it only now does not work for me since I had to reinstall Arma2, patch up and *then* installed the sounds...

Curious. Going to try and do it again in the other order and will report back shortly...

*Edit*

Well, now it stops working with 1.5. How crazy. Guess I'll have to wait for 2.2.

Edited by gopherman

hi

my rpt file comes up with this error like 5 million times

Error: sample vops_s_environmental\light_sea.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 48000

after which is caused a CTD with the error

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 3688 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 12058 KB

Free blocks 813, Max free size 1768 KB

I was using

Vops_c_Environmental.pbo

Vops_c_FixedWings.pbo

Vops_c_Gear.pbo

Vops_c_Guns.pbo

Vops_c_Impact.pbo

Vops_c_Wheeled.pbo

Vops_s_Environmental.pbo

Vops_s_FixedWings.pbo

Vops_s_Gear.pbo

Vops_s_Guns.pbo

Vops_s_Impact.pbo

Vops_s_Wheeled.pbo

along with a stack of other mods

and was playing evolution duala andbeing attacked by a Su34 while i was driving an avenger.

is this a known issue?

egg

how do i get the ''clonkety clonk'' sounds back? hehe

Drive a Toyota Prius with the original brakes on. :D

Ahoi!

I'm happy to announce the third release of VopSound for ArmA2.

It has been a long time since the last version but 967 of edited and reedited and rereedited sounds later, I decided to release it in its current status as I'm getting OA in the next week.

I won't have internet in the next few days so please be patient if minor problems occur, which could be possible, because we didn't test it too much. Should be nothing gamebreaking though.

I'm planning to port it over to OA and eagerly anticipating tpm's HARCP and will make it compatible.

And no, no video. Don't ask. Propably someone takes some time and will make one.

As always it is recommended to be used with: Tango Romeos Tracked Vehicles Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78437

Robert Hammers Heli Sound Mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78119

and

MarkXIII's GAU8 cannon sound version compatible with my fixed wings module.

Unfortunately its not available anymore, I've uploaded it to rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/404906806/xiii_hifi_gau8_auto.rar

DOWNLOAD

http://depositfiles.com/files/elf0x869f

http://www.badongo.com/file/23587736

Thanks to:

vo.1 (feedback)

BIS and BIKI http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

Effects volume level ingame recommended: 80%

-----------------Installation--------------

Create a folder called @VopSound2.2 and inside this folder another called Addons in your ArmA2 main directory.

It should look like: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@VopSound2.2\Addons

Place the .pbo and .bisign files you would like to use from your extracted archive and copy them into Addons folder. The pbo names are selfexplaining.

Environmental Sounds: Ambient and Nature sounds (minor update)

Explosions,Snaps and Impact Sounds: Any kind of explosion, bulletsnap and impact sounds (complete overhaul)

Fixed Wings: Sounds for fixed wings aircrafts (F35 added)

Footsteps and Gear Sounds: less annoying footsteps and gear rattling for west troops(no more clonketyclonk) (minor update)

Gun Sounds: new sounds for nearly every weapon ingame(complete overhaul)

Wheeled Vehicles: Sounds for wheeled vehicles (updated)

Vops_c_*** stands for config container

Vops_s_*** stands for sound container

YOU NEED BOTH OF A CATEGORY IN YOUR ADDONS FOLDER TO GET IT TO WORK. (and the appropriate .bisign files of course)

This .bisign files are there so players using properly signed addons can join to that server which requires them.

Rightclick on the ArmA shortcut in the desktop or where you have it and select properties.

In the target box add -mod=@VopSound2.2

It should look like:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@vopsound2.2

To load more than one mod folder use semi-colons to separate them. (-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3)

---------------------------------------------

//////SERVER ADMINS INSTALLATION GUIDE////////////

If a server admin decides addon signatures should be verified, he should add the following line to the server.cfg file:

verifySignatures=1

Server admin can decide which addon makers he considers trustworthy by placing their public keys in the "keys" directory. Usually (vanilla installation) there's only Bohemia Interactive's signature, called bi.bikey, in this directory.

You can find the Public Key for VopSound in this package in a folder named "Server Key".

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

-----------------Changelog------------------

It has been a long time, I've no idea what has changed. Propably too much to mention.

--------------------------------------------

Enjoy.

vo.2

hell yeah downloading now, i might make a video if its quality stuff...

oh and does anybody know if "MarkXIII's GAU8" is the same thing from his "hifi sfx" cause that a10's cannon easily the best around...

well, its a decent mod, not great its sounds kinda flat i 'spose would be the word but certainty a better alternative to stock sounds i do indeed like it but am going to go back to what i had before (a mix of csm2 -weapons and hifi sfx - exposions and vehicles) great job i'm sure many will love it... 7/10

Grr the download gets to about 50% then drops i have tryed it 4 times already ..thats life ill give it a go later on :mad:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Great ..... i wait for this since i heard about a 2.2 VOP version.

... this is my first download when i finished my work today ....

Is it compatible with OA?

Or there will be a new version for Operation Arrowhead?