Sign in to follow this  
Alex.XP

VME PLA MOD for ARMA II

I do hope BIS could develop an ArmA3 Expansion about PLA against Japan or India, since from OFP to ArmA2, we had seen too much of stuff about USA and Soviet or Russia.

How did you get that figure?!

LOL ... you did read did you.

Maybe it's the exact situation in your place and you think the others as well? Poor guy!

I own and still have;

2 real copies of OFP

1 real copy of Resistance

1 real copy of ArmA

2 real copies of ArmAII

2 real copies of Arrowhead

1 real copy of TOH

And now hoping VME will be with us for my pending real copy of ArmA3 :D

---Well, he had left two years ago and been working for a game company in Beijing, developing some FPS web games.

---by the way, I still can't figure out why BIS never touch PLA stuff(the world biggest army), EA touched, CM touched, Activision is gonna touch too( in COD9)

---And I can't figure out too why BIS never add a chinese language pack, we have at least 200 million of gamers who love playing FPS, a huge market. It's very easy to dig out one millions of them to play ArmA sereis if a chinese language pack could be added and some propaganda is excuted...

Congrats to him. He was damn skilled as far as I can recall, able to carry out a complete brand new set of bugless AI scripts in a few hours... heh, the good ol'time.

I agree there, a chinese DLC would be truely awesome... But I think BIS will never do it to avoid being labelled as "Codemasters" copiers... ;]

Regards,

TB

Gnat;2213291']LOL ... you did read did you.

I own and still have;

2 real copies of OFP

1 real copy of Resistance

1 real copy of ArmA

2 real copies of ArmAII

2 real copies of Arrowhead

1 real copy of TOH

And now hoping VME will be with us for my pending real copy of ArmA3 :D

。

Of course, they will! You don't need to list what you got and all of us have such real copies. But stop scattering your rumor!

Please stop derailing the thread.

This is about the VME PLA Mod for ARMA II, not about the legal versions (or not) of players from xx country.

Thanks for the great work, VME team.

Was a nice release that cleaned up quite a bit and finally added the much required Chinese voices in even the correct PLA combat lingo!

What I've wished for though, is that all AFV, from ZTZ99/96 tank to the ZBD04 IFV would have the correct OA fire-control features integrated, like the range-finder feature and thermal sights (available on the ZTZ99/96) and the distance setting feature, which is still unavailable to all vehicles in game. I wished this should have been added for this version.

Additionally, I'd like to see the PLZ05 155mm SP Artillery in the mod to be fully compatible with the artillery computer system that is organic to the game. I know, it isnt OA, but still it is dissapointing that the PLZ05 is only behaving like a standard tank and cannot use the artillery feature in the game. I'd wish to have a chinese artillery in the mod, so that I wouldnt be forced to use the Russian artillery for my missions. Adding to that, the mod maybe also needs a smaller mortar-type artillery system like the PP87 82mm or PP89 100mm battalion mortars to complement the heavy 155mm PLZ05 Divisional Artillery system in the PLA.

But well, first things first.

Great work VME team!

The only quibble I have is that there seems to be a config error with the SRBM launcher unit; whenever I switch the class to "Empty", there is a little popup that suggests the DF15_ScudLauncher vehicle class is missing. Doesn't affect gameplay, but is there some way I could possibly go about to get rid of this popup? Thanks in advance!

you can create a small config with defines the vehicle class that's missing.

Thanks for the great work, VME team.

Was a nice release that cleaned up quite a bit and finally added the much required Chinese voices in even the correct PLA combat lingo!

What I've wished for though, is that all AFV, from ZTZ99/96 tank to the ZBD04 IFV would have the correct OA fire-control features integrated, like the range-finder feature and thermal sights (available on the ZTZ99/96) and the distance setting feature, which is still unavailable to all vehicles in game. I wished this should have been added for this version.

Additionally, I'd like to see the PLZ05 155mm SP Artillery in the mod to be fully compatible with the artillery computer system that is organic to the game. I know, it isnt OA, but still it is dissapointing that the PLZ05 is only behaving like a standard tank and cannot use the artillery feature in the game. I'd wish to have a chinese artillery in the mod, so that I wouldnt be forced to use the Russian artillery for my missions. Adding to that, the mod maybe also needs a smaller mortar-type artillery system like the PP87 82mm or PP89 100mm battalion mortars to complement the heavy 155mm PLZ05 Divisional Artillery system in the PLA.

But well, first things first.

This mod is still need more time to polish up, especially the config for weapon and vehicles, these are required to be tweaked according to the RL weaponry, as well as fixing several bugs.

I really wish to help them, though I don't know how to add and/or modify the config file.

Great work VME team!

The only quibble I have is that there seems to be a config error with the SRBM launcher unit; whenever I switch the class to "Empty", there is a little popup that suggests the DF15_ScudLauncher vehicle class is missing. Doesn't affect gameplay, but is there some way I could possibly go about to get rid of this popup? Thanks in advance!

That's happening to me as well. I'm working on a mission, and each time I place a unit (car, armor) on the map, preview it, I get that message. Kind of a bummer, but as you said, playable.

BTW, As I am using VME in a future to be uploaded here mission, would anybody like to help me, in any way that you can, with making a few missions and/or campaign? Please PM me a message.

Oh, I just discovered that, occasionally with a high amount of VME units on a map, there are some crazy graphical glitches where it seems like the camo of the PLA units gets projected through space and into the sky. It sure as heck is funny seeing a giant wall of PLA camo suddenly pop up into the sky like they're signalling for an alien invasion, but it also makes missions kind of more difficult because you can't see through this, but yet the AI can. I can't seem to pinpoint the exact conditions when this appears, but I do know that in the four times it has occurred so far, it has been when I've had at least five squads of VME PLA units on the map.

I have yet to see this problem when there are no VME units deployed, but will keep you posted on the matter.

Hmm, after a long search from one of my old test missions, I cant find any other class names than those already posted on a VME thread a year ago.

The class-name for the new weapon, the CQW05 is VME_PLA_CQW05, but the magazine names are still unknown for me.

The list:

VME_PLA_30Rnd_58x42_QBZ95

VME_PLA_30Rnd_762x25_QCZ85

VME_PLA_75Rnd_58x42_QBB95

VME_PLA_200Rnd_58x42_QJY88

VME_PLA_10Rnd_58x42_KBU88

VME_PLA_5Rnd_127x90_LR1

VME_PLA_5Rnd_127x90_LR1AT

VME_PLA_20Rnd_58x21_Qsz92

============================================

VME_PLA_FN6_Strela

VME_PLA_69III

VME_PLA_69HE

VME_PLA_69IIIA

VME_PLA_69HEA

VME_PLA_HandGrenade

============================================

VME_PLA_QBZ95

VME_PLA_QBZ95B

VME_PLA_QBZ95CQB

VME_PLA_QBZ95SSN

VME_PLA_QBW95CQB

VME_PLA_QBZ03

VME_PLA_QBZ03SSN

VME_PLA_QBZ03CQB

VME_PLA_QCZ85

VME_PLA_QCW85

VME_PLA_QBB95

VME_PLA_QJY88

VME_PLA_QJY88SSN

VME_PLA_KBU88

VME_PLA_LR1

VME_PLA_js58

VME_PLA_js58W

VME_PLA_PF69

VME_PLA_PF69A

VME_PLA_Fn6

VME_PLA_QSZ92

VME_PLA_QSW06

• Like 1

I love this mod because it gives opfor atleast one more advanced enemy more than Russia(the others arent even worth mentioning)

Im making a video where one of your vehicles are present and wonder if its ok if I release it on youtube? (dont know how it works with mods because this is the first time I have had modded objects in a vid)

Just mention what mods you have in your video in the description and/or beginning/end of the video and your good to go=)

But I would really like PLA to be on the Independent side(if anyone remembers three-way Warfare you'll understand what I mean)

Oh, I just discovered that, occasionally with a high amount of VME units on a map, there are some crazy graphical glitches where it seems like the camo of the PLA units gets projected through space and into the sky...

And this whole time, I thought it was me and my graphics card going crazy.:butbut:

I am having the same situation. Does not happen all the time but could be a real bummer as of this moment, I am half-way through a mission with intentions of posting it to USER Made Missions Forum and would be a big butthole of a bummer to put in the ....

Known Bugs:

Crazy graphical gliches

:j:

This is a GREAT, and MUCH NEEDED mod.

I too have grown tired of the Russian units, just because I've been playing against them since Operation Flashpoint came out.

Besides, the likelihood of a "China versus America" tragedy grows everyday.

I would also like to see the Chinese units added into the editor as an Independent faction - that allows for a much broader range of mission creating scenarios.

Does anyone know how to enable the Chinese language for these units? :confused: Currently for me, they're speaking Russian. Thanks in advance for any detailed, step-by-step help on enabling the correct sound pack for them.

GREAT work on this mod. THANK YOU!

This is a GREAT, and MUCH NEEDED mod.

I too have grown tired of the Russian units, just because I've been playing against them since Operation Flashpoint came out.

Besides, the likelihood of a "China versus America" tragedy grows everyday.

I would also like to see the Chinese units added into the editor as an Independent faction - that allows for a much broader range of mission creating scenarios.

Does anyone know how to enable the Chinese language for these units? :confused: Currently for me, they're speaking Russian. Thanks in advance for any detailed, step-by-step help on enabling the correct sound pack for them.

GREAT work on this mod. THANK YOU!

There's a Chinese voiceover dubbing file contained in the latest update of the mod (came out about two weeks ago). Try re-downloading the mod if you can't seem to find the file.

On a different note, I would also support the shifting of these units to an independent faction for flexibility. I have been running the old and not even supported any longer ACE PLA mod as a placeholder until the day this fantastic mod makes the shift.

Also Kommiekat, glad I'm not the only one with the graphics issue. I was starting to get worried that it was a graphics card issue on my end :D

Also Kommiekat, glad I'm not the only one with the graphics issue. I was starting to get worried that it was a graphics card issue on my end :D

Just to let you know, to be fair, I'm also running JSDF MOD and Mana Island NZ that has rocks mod and vegetation mod.

I've not trouble shot the problem to VME, but if that is the case, maybe you can bring it to the attention of the boys at VME?

http://www.chinavme.com/forum.php

And next time you're in Hong Kong, let me know and I'll buy you a pint...then you buy me a pint....then I'll buy you a pint...then we get some food, then some girls...then another pint:cool:

Just to let you know, to be fair, I'm also running JSDF MOD and Mana Island NZ that has rocks mod and vegetation mod.

I've not trouble shot the problem to VME, but if that is the case, maybe you can bring it to the attention of the boys at VME?

http://www.chinavme.com/forum.php

And next time you're in Hong Kong, let me know and I'll buy you a pint...then you buy me a pint....then I'll buy you a pint...then we get some food, then some girls...then another pint:cool:

Hmmm, I've had that problem on Mana Island Fiji and Chernarus, so I don't think it's a problem with the islands. I'll look into bringing it up with the VME guys.

I had only currently the chance to check this mod really out, thanks to Kommiekat. And yeah it's great to have another superpower entering the ArmAverse. As Kyle said it's getting sometimes tiresome to fight only against Russians. I've done that for 11 years now.LOL.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your hard work and effort and moreover thanks for sharing it.

cheers:D

OK I've pretty much searched everywhere and still cannot find a Unit Classes list for this mod. I was able to figure out the infantry part of things, but cannot figure out the vehicles. Since I use DAC for my spawns I have to have that information and so far I've seen a couple of other guys request it and get ignored. Is there some reason why this isn't posted or a part of the download for the mod?

@7th_Serf

Contact Hongjian. He's floating around in this thread. I think he can help you.

Maybe also, but no sure, Markb50k. He's using the mod in his mission "Apocalypse" and he may have cracked open every file.

Yup just depbo my mission. Look in the init_factions.sqf file and search for the mbPLAVehicleData array. I have all the classnames arranged in categories.