Sign in to follow this  
cass

German 1.01 Patch is final.

Nice to see they improved it a bit more for the final.

Now i just need to wait till the 10th. and hope ATI really releases a new driver for ther 4800s that fixes the problem with the overflowing GPU memory which causes totally annnyoing graphic errors everywhere.

Aint they always improve the patch final a bit more then beta?;)

So wheres the changelog from 101beta to 101 ??

It's a conspiracy. They're hiding it from you! :eek:

On the other hand, it will probably become available when the patch is officially released. (You know, with an official announcement.)

im pretty sure there was a changelog in the patch zip archive (where else would it be?)

im pretty sure there was a changelog in the patch zip archive (where else would it be?)

yes but its the same as beta 101

I also get "Patch 1.01 was already applied."

Bubi: are you using a language patch?

No, nothing. Installed Arma 1.0 -> 1.01 Beta. No modifcations or anything else.

I also get "Patch 1.01 was already applied."

Same as. Not a great start.

That only said you had 1.01 installed but the patch installed anyway to update your previous 1.01 beta to 1.01 final.

I got the "1.01 installed already" error to in the msg box. I'm not so sure it patches correctly even though the file dates are stamped with newer date. The patcher finished WAY to fast comparing to the usual time it takes to patch. I'm reinstalling and patching again just to be sure.

Usually a final is just means that the previous beta patch has passed testing, it dosn't mean they've add even more new fixes. At least that's been my experience with other beta to final patches.

If only there was official 'if you had the beta install then you will get this message but it updates the game ok' - all other messages should be noted. type thing when BIS officially release the patch on their web site.

Just to help stop all these messages and countless other forums complaining about it especially with the original note of: Public beta of 1.01 is out now for the German version of ARMA 2! This is beta patch but we will ensure that final patch 1.01 (to be released early next week) will install smoothly over this beta patch. Please visit the Game Updates page to download the patch and read more information about it (in German language).

Just an idea :)

Usually a final is just means that the previous beta patch has passed testing, it dosn't mean they've add even more new fixes. At least that's been my experience with other beta to final patches.

Beta and final can be completely different so there is no guarantee your expectations will be met and nothing changed from beta to final.

See:

They fixed the rocket artillery.

Still can't finish missions. At the castle where Bardarek is the civil car is half way into the castle wall and no sign of Bardarek. There are still alot of script bugs during the campaign and it's getting very annoying.

Nice to see they improved it a bit more for the final.

Now i just need to wait till the 10th. and hope ATI really releases a new driver for ther 4800s that fixes the problem with the overflowing GPU memory which causes totally annnyoing graphic errors everywhere.

got my 4890 today and i have absolutely no problems with it, the game is photorealistic at some points!

Looks like most sound problems are gone.

Still a bit "muffled"(doesn't change to sharp/clear anymore when changing the sound acceleration in the dx diagnostic tool) and still no 5.1 from the main weapon.

And I'm pretty sure, the overdone blur when running/turning/etc is better now.

Need some more testing but it looks like this patch is 2 or 3 steps FORWARD!

Nice work so far BIS Team but still a far way to go.

MfG Lee

has anyone who has installed the the patch noticed any preformance increase over the beta patch?

Looks like most sound problems are gone.

Still a bit "muffled"(doesn't change to sharp/clear anymore when changing the sound acceleration in the dx diagnostic tool) and still no 5.1 from the main weapon.

And I'm pretty sure, the overdone blur when running/turning/etc is better now.

Need some more testing but it looks like this patch is 2 or 3 steps FORWARD!

Nice work so far BIS Team but still a far way to go.

MfG Lee

I think no 5.1 is because the weapon sounds are in the .wss format. I don't know why they insist on using .wss instead of wav/flac/mp3/ogg..

Because it serves them better and maybe it has header data in it that other formats don't?

Mine said 1.01 patch already installed like many in this thread have reported. My game says version 1.01.57751 in the main menu after running the patch. Hopefully all is well, the patch went so fast it seems like it didn't have enough time to install anything.

EDIT: It certainly did change several pbo files, as stated by Sickboy earlier in this post.

Edited by monty67t

I think no 5.1 is because the weapon sounds are in the .wss format. I don't know why they insist on using .wss instead of wav/flac/mp3/ogg..

Funny thing, you can't hear the shot from the correct speaker, but the falling "cartridge case" and the "click" when the magazine is empty.

MfG Lee

well ive seen another performance boost with this patch and it seems like this patch has fixed some more of the memory leak crashes as well. i just did a 2hr warfare game by myself on the main map and had a noticible increase in FPS in the major cities as well as zero crashes from running out of memory

Well guys?? The patch has been out for a while now, please tell if there were any good AI improvements or bug fixing, that would be good to hear for those who havent bought the game yet.

AI vehicle pathfinding remains awful.

Also, I spent a few hours playing the campaign and got a out of virtual memory crash, but this doesn't bother me as much as the AI.

My system specs: CPU E6750 @ 2.66, ASUS ENG 260 GTX, 2 GB RAM, WIN XP 32 SP3, Razer Sound Card, Samsung TFT at 1680 x 1050

With the beta patch I could run ARMA 2 on all settings high, except shadows on normal and post processing on low. But I would get some stutter, when there was a lot going on. AI was screwy.

The campaign did not work for me, because of the known AI bug; I could not even complete mission 1. Online gaming was ok.

Now I've completed mission 2 of the campaign. Graphic settings are now on Very high with view distance of over 3km, fill rate @ 125%, shadows normal, post low; smooth as a baby's bottom. AI and campaign scripting now seem to work as intended. I am running on veteran difficulty with Super AI on. Me and my SQD got our butts handed to us multiple times. Can't comment on vehicle pathfinding yet.

I'm happy! :D